• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Overused Pokemons in the Generation 7 Competitive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I noticed that there we're so many Garchomps, Mimikyus, Celesteelas, Tapu Leles, Greninjas and Tapu Kokos being used in the competitive scene.

What other Pokemons we're being Overused in the competitive scene?

Sirfetch’d

according to usage, it would be Landorus-T(in OU)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    no idea what's popular in cartridge play but definitely Landorus-T and like the Tapus are everywhere when I play in the OU ladder

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's also a fair bit of Pheromosa, Kartana, Magearna, and Alolan Marowak on the ladder too.

no idea what's popular in cartridge play but definitely Landorus-T and like the Tapus are everywhere when I play in the OU ladder
    apparently they don't have usage statistics up for cartridge yet on the Global Link

tho the Japanese are dominating the leaderboards lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    really, kartana? what set? i havent seen a single one lol
    I suppose it's not as common as some of the other things, but I've seen it some.

There were some scarfed ones but I don't really remember much else of what there was

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • really, kartana? what set? i havent seen a single one lol

scarf lele, mega metagross, lando-t, gren are all on pretty much every team

Kartana normally runs a Choice Scarf set or a Swords Dance set alongside a Z crystal in order to let it nab a Beast Boost more easily. The former is to let it clean up offensive teams, while the latter lets it break stall in half. I think it's not seen too often because of its pathetic special bulk:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Smart Strike
    -Sacred Sword
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Steelium/Fightinium Z

or
    -Leaf Blade
    -Smart Strike
    -Sacred Sword
    -Night Slash
    Item: Choice Scarf

Years
  • Kartana normally runs a Choice Scarf set or a Swords Dance set alongside a Z crystal in order to let it nab a Beast Boost more easily. The former is to let it clean up offensive teams, while the latter lets it break stall in half. I think it's not seen too often because of its pathetic special bulk:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Smart Strike
    -Sacred Sword
    Item: Steelium/Fightinium Z

or
    -Leaf Blade
    -Smart Strike
    -Sacred Sword
    -Night Slash
    Item: Choice Scarf
    i mean im perfectly aware of its viable sets i was just wondering if there was like some new set that was seeing a lot of usage bc i havent seen much of kartana on the ladder!

Years
  • i mean im perfectly aware of its viable sets i was just wondering if there was like some new set that was seeing a lot of usage bc i havent seen much of kartana on the ladder!

I haven't seen it to the same extent I've seen Lele, Celesteela or Pheremosa but I generally see it every few battles.

Years
  • A lot of Greninjas and all of the Tapus.

There were Mamoswines running around for a while, but I think that's died down a bit.

As far as the UBs, I think I see Celesteela the most. There's also been a fair amount of Magearna.

Years
  • A lot of Greninjas and all of the Tapus.

There were Mamoswines running around for a while, but I think that's died down a bit.

As far as the UBs, I think I see Celesteela the most. There's also been a fair amount of Magearna.

I've only come across Magearna once so far. Curious.
    I wonder if the slight differences in what we're seeing has something to do with our ladder placements?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've only come across Magearna once so far. Curious.
    I wonder if the slight differences in what we're seeing has something to do with our ladder placements?
    Suppose that's a possibility. I see Magearna all the time though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm pretty low on the ladder, so if Magearna is more popular with the more skilled players it'd probably make sense for me not to see it much.
    Eh I'm generally at the 1300s these days so maybe it's not really that then

Years
  • Yeaaahhh that's the same as me right now so I've got nothin'

I think I'm around 1500 on the ladder, but I haven't really been trying to ladder up at all. I've been playing around a lot with different sets and just using different pokes.

Maybe I just think there's more of it because it can be kind of annoying. :p

Back