• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PATCH] [FR] SQ's DNS!!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Are you planning on releasing a patch for the battleBG once you learn how to insert it?

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
Is there a way to undo the patch?
There seems to be an issue with using this and Navenatox's Dynamic OW Palettes engine causing a lot of palette glitches here and there. Simply going into a hex editor and erasing the locations you put and any pointers I could find just made the ROM crash upon loading (thank goodness for backups). Even removing the DOP didn't really solve the issue either, and I have made quite a bit of progress to just restart again.

Years
Hey, man, nice work out there! I have a question. Does this DNS lights up the windows at night? Because I saw this in the CrystalDust hack and never in other hack. (If I writed something wrong, sorry, my English is not thaaat good xD)

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
I'm having a few issues with this DNS Patch. I think it's an interference with the Dynamic Palettes patch, as I've done some testing and it seems to work fine w/o it.

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm talking about:

This one seems to make it so tiles from the main tileset are reset to their default palettes
Pokemon_Celestial_DNS_Issue.png

After moving a bit more, the main tiles will fix but all sprites in view will have their palettes "corrupted".
Pokemon_Celestial_DNS_Issue_2.png

After going into a battle or building, the palettes are all fixed.

This is as much information I can give, as I don't have much experience dealing with anything complicated.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I'm having a few issues with this DNS Patch. I think it's an interference with the Dynamic Palettes patch, as I've done some testing and it seems to work fine w/o it.

Here are some screenshots to show what I'm talking about:

This one seems to make it so tiles from the main tileset are reset to their default palettes
Pokemon_Celestial_DNS_Issue.png

After moving a bit more, the main tiles will fix but all sprites in view will have their palettes "corrupted".
Pokemon_Celestial_DNS_Issue_2.png

After going into a battle or building, the palettes are all fixed.

This is as much information I can give, as I don't have much experience dealing with anything complicated.

Click here

Delta231

A noob
Years
In a simpler way, how do I apply the Wizard DN? I do not understand the instructions very well

1.Apply the Pallete Patch or compile it from the repo.
2.Insert Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm. 3.Insert RTC.asm

In Line 436 updateNPCPal: ......... .word 0x08XXXXXX+1 with XXXXXX being the offset of where you just inserted the Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm. This is not a reverse pointer, do not reverse or add anything to the offset, just change the number after 0x08 exactly where you inserted it and keep the +1 after it.

4.Compile npcmod.c instead of npcmod.asm

5.Put all the other asm files.

Years
1.Apply the Pallete Patch or compile it from the repo.
2.Insert Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm. 3.Insert RTC.asm

In Line 436 updateNPCPal: ......... .word 0x08XXXXXX+1 with XXXXXX being the offset of where you just inserted the Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm. This is not a reverse pointer, do not reverse or add anything to the offset, just change the number after 0x08 exactly where you inserted it and keep the +1 after it.

4.Compile npcmod.c instead of npcmod.asm

5.Put all the other asm files.

In which offset goes the RTC.asm? with steps 4 and 5 can you be a little more detailed? I'm learning this compile but I'm going little by little.

Delta231

A noob
Years
In which offset goes the RTC.asm? with steps 4 and 5 can you be a little more detailed? I'm learning this compile but I'm going little by little.

The offset in RTC is where you have inserted your Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm.If I have put it in 9045F0, I will write 0x089054F1.

In Step 4 you just compile npcmod.c

in Step you insert all the asm routines.

Years
The offset in RTC is where you have inserted your Navenatox_Pallete_Patch_Fix.asm.If I have put it in 9045F0, I will write 0x089054F1.

In Step 4 you just compile npcmod.c

in Step you insert all the asm routines.

1.- I take the Dynamic Overworld Palettes patch and apply it to a clean rom

2.- Then I go to the thumb folder and compile Navenatox_Pallete_Patch: Fix.asm and convert it to .bin

3.- I open the clean rom and I go to an offset ... 71A240 for example and I put the previous bin and save

4.-I go to a text editor (Sublime text) to open the file RTC.asm and on line 436 I put in 0x08XXXXXX + 1 my offset that would be 0x0871A241

Once placed the 0x0871A241 I have to compile with thumb and specifically in what offset goes (where I want or there is a specific address) and how compile npcmod.c? I put the rom in the root folder and give it make or what? in that part where I'm blocked

I understand things better when the process is step by step .. I am a little noob in this, sorry for so much discomfort

Delta231

A noob
Years
1.- I take the Dynamic Overworld Palettes patch and apply it to a clean rom

2.- Then I go to the thumb folder and compile Navenatox_Pallete_Patch: Fix.asm and convert it to .bin

3.- I open the clean rom and I go to an offset ... 71A240 for example and I put the previous bin and save

4.-I go to a text editor (Sublime text) to open the file RTC.asm and on line 436 I put in 0x08XXXXXX + 1 my offset that would be 0x0871A241

Once placed the 0x0871A241 I have to compile with thumb and specifically in what offset goes (where I want or there is a specific address) and how compile npcmod.c? I put the rom in the root folder and give it make or what? in that part where I'm blocked

I understand things better when the process is step by step .. I am a little noob in this, sorry for so much discomfort

For RTC asm:

Put 00B5 0148 0047 0000 [Reverse Address+1] 0000 10BC at 0x4B0.

To compile npcmod.c :

There is a script to compile that. I will edit this post when I will find it. If you are using Windows..

I don't really want to make a patch for this as people will learn these stuff themselves. :smile:

Last edited:
Years
For RTC asm:

To compile npcmod.c :

There is a script to compile that. I will edit this post when I will find it. If you are using Windows..

I don't really want to make a patch for this as people will learn these stuff themselves. :smile:

I totally agree with you, we all have to learn but we need a detailed guide on how to do it ..

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
For RTC asm:

To compile npcmod.c :

Perhaps you could make a patch to compare with Fire Red so people can compare what you've done with what they're trying to do? It sounds like people are having trouble understanding your instructions because they're quite unclear.

I also don't think saying 'do random stuff' is very helpful. If people are having difficulties, comparing to a completed patch could be very helpful. Especially if you put it in an area that overwrites peoples work so they know they have to repoint it.

Back