• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2023
    Bit disappointing that onde is as far as you can go. Had the day off yesterday and was told the game was 7-10 hours to this point and I ended up getting as far as you can in 2 hours. All and all great concept would have loved to at least get to the University. But I can't wait for future releases. And as in my previous comment thank you again Phoenix rising team. Does anyone know when chapter 2 releases. Message from the guard says read the F.A.Q but I did not see it in there. I know it Is a bit early to be asking but I'm hoping soon cause the game really sucked me in just to end after 3 hours. And I know it is a beta so I am not trying to be too critical but a lot of people including devs said it would be 7 hours of gameplay. Only real issues I had was whenever mudbray would use bulldoze it would say "mudbray used bulldoze" about 20 times and then it would never actually use bulldoze.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2023
    How do you know what the ending is? I can't seem to find any way forward from requiem fields or onde city
    There is a guard on the far east of the city when you head towards route 4 that tells you, that you cannot pass because they are working on chapter 2 that's your only real clue to know you have reached the end of the demo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2018
    could you post how to tell if Growlithe is shiny when picking it as a starter or do we have to wait till tim is done talking and lets you see your pokemon in the menu

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • Hey, I was about to download this game for me and my sister...until I got told by MEGA that the download link has been removed. What's going on?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    The download link isn't working and my sister and I would really like to play. I was wondering if you could help. My email is ESager12@gmail.
    Thanks,
    Eleanor Sager

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2019
    Oh man I got the game a couple days ago and I'm loving it! taking my time with it though, don't wanna just rush through everything.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2018
    After about an hour of searching I finally found a riolu... And it crashed my game. Whenever I try to push any button, may it be attacking, using a pokeball or running away, it each just skips back to the start of the battle. PPs are being used by 5, no idea why. Pokeballs are still getting wasted. I just can't really do anything to get out of this loop so gotta restart.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2018
    Downloaded and received a warning from my antivirus. I ignored it and started playing. After turning on my computer again, the game start application was missing, Turns out my antivirus removed the files automatically because it detected that they were being affected by malware. I searched the malware and it seems real. Although low in terms of threat levels, it has been known to sometimes mess with your computer, files, and data. I honestly enjoyed what I have played thus far and am excited to see what's to come, However, I will not download this game again until I receive a direct message or topic post from the creators addressing or explaining the issue. I checked the thread and I'm not the only one who experienced issues with malware. Notes: 1) I played up until I meet the professor in the pokemon center and receive the pokedex.
    2) I frequently experienced lag and choppy gameplay.
    3) I have also experienced the battle infinite loop bug.
    4) I experienced all these issues after the update.

I have a photo of the log from my antivirus in my profile for those who'd like to see.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2018
    I would love to play this game but it won't open. I get that it's a demo and there are likely to be bugs, but come on. I've tried double clicking the Game.exe file, I've tried right clicking it and selecting open, I've tried pinning it to the taskbar and opening it from there. I've tried restarting my computer and redownloading the files, but it's not working. What can I do to fix this, I really want to play this game!

UPDATE: First I wanted to say that, yes, I have extracted the files so that isn't the problem. Also, I have tried more thing that haven't worked. I did the exact same things I was doing last time but with a Shortcut and it still didn't work. I tried moving the Updater to a separate file, but that didn't launch either. So both of those won't launch. It's not a problem with my computer trying to launch a .exe file because I tried it after this wouldn't work and it opened up. It's also nothing to do with the RGSS Player because I launched another game that uses that and it worked.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Is it normal for the game to be so laggy? Usually I'd just think it was due to being an early beta but I was looking at a lets play and it seemed to be running smoothly for them. (but then maybe they were speeding the gameplay up?)

The game seems really cool so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2019
    Will you guys ever make a detailed website with a complete pokedex? If you already have one, what's the site?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    May I just say that the released demo is beautiful? I mean, it's been ten minutes since I started playing it and it's already one of my favorite Pokemon fan games of all time.

The characters seem really cool. I especially liked the professor's assistant. Design-wise too, great. The visuals are fantastic. The menu is really useful, so are the items in battle. Sprites look really good too. It really shows how much work and love has been put into this... I'll have you know I've been looking forward to the game ever since it was first announced and have listened to all the tracks beforehand. Actually, I think the only flaw would be that it's a little slow running, but most fan games are like that, so I don't see it as something terrible.

Overall, this game is amazing. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2019
    The game is currently amazing. Great design and gameplay. But since it is a demo, there are some problems. Here's what I found: The mudbray overworld sprite is missing. The game froze when I tried to use bulldoze. Also, there's to much text. Don't mean to criticize, but it's true.

Hope yu guys can fix those problem and make it into a wonderfull game.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Tested it with WINE in Ubuntu, it crashed when I tried to start it. Maybe future versions are more compatible with WINE, usually games that are made with RPG Maker work fine with it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    does anyone know how to fix the Unable to find file data/scripts.rxdata crash because I'm stumped i've tried everything I can think of from redownloading the files to trying to replace the file because it's in there but the game can't find it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back