• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heroes/role models?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I know there was a thread on this here somewhere... but I think it's been lost.

Anyway, do you have any particular heroes or role models in life? This can be anything from family to celebrities as well. Why are they your heroes/role models? What is it they do to help you improve your way of life etc?

Mine is pretty obvious Kellin Quinn. I will say that besides being my bae... he also helps my anxiety as well. He always makes me really happy, and there's just something so soothing about him. I also love everything about him too. I look up to him because he's just... really amazing. I can't exactly explain it all that well. ><

Last edited:
    Years
  • I make a point of not setting role models for myself. I think it's great to have people you admire but you should do things because they are who you are not because they are what someone you admire does. Otherwise I just feel you're being disingenuous with yourself.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • sean william mcloughlin, of course. aka jacksepticeye.

i've already explained this before, but he's such a positive rolemodel and he has had such a positive impact on my life. he's always there for his community and always involved and he sort of pulled me out of a dark place when i had no friends (and still don't really irl) and made me feel like he was one of mine and he still feels like that to me. he's just so lovely and he's so down to earth and true to himself and that's really hard to find nowadays, especially in the youtube community.

i just love him a lot and i hope that i get to tell him someday how much he has changed my life.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    The idea of a role model has never particularly resonated with me, for the simple matter that I've never found a figure worth basing my morals/personality/etc on. It's not that I reject the concept, it works for many people, but I'm a bit too self-assured about my 'persona' and already fully aware of what I expect of people + enjoy from them to be influenced in such a manner. Like... it'd just be a waste of time, I guess. There are certainly people with opinions, artistic taste or political/moral values or achievements I value more than others and I certainly derive enjoyment of those ideals, but the idea of a role model just seems rather dehumanising to me. They are what they are, I am what I am, and our positives and negatives will hopefully work together on varying scales of direct interaction to form a better person overall. There are people that have helped me grow and see new perspectives, but I'd stop short of saying that I wanted to be like them.

That all being said, it could just be me rationalising the simple fact that I did not grow up with anyone worth emulating and so the concept never took off for me. When I was a kid, I certainly was not surrounded by people who had traits or beliefs i wanted to take on for myself. And growing up, I found that the only person I could consistently rely on to try to do the best for me, no matter how much I slipped and loathed myself for it in the meantime, was me. Perhaps after all this time, I'm still just clinging to myself.

Who knows!

My stance hasn't changed and I think it'd be weird if it did in a two month span.

LuluRina

I got this feelin' inside my bones
    Years
  • I personally never had anything I could consider a role model, mainly because I'm satisfied as to who I am in life. I have seen things in people that I like, but most of the time its something that I've already known. Sure, I learned that stuff from my parents/siblings, but I never aspired to be like them. So... yea. I've never had a role model, just traits that I have picked up from the people in my life.

Back