• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What are some of your favorite songs?

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Adamas by LiSA is probably my favorite anime opening yet (I like Sword Art Online).

SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • SHINY SWORD MY DIAMOND!

On a serious note, though, I don't think LiSA's ever released a bad song - some "meh" ones maybe, but certainly not bad ones.

If you're up for taking suggestions, "Psychedelic Drive" and "Ichiban no Takaramono" are probably my all-time favorite LiSA songs. I saw a video of LiSA performing "Psychedelic Drive" live and I just fell in love with the song (and the energy she put in it). As for "Ichiban no Takaramono," there's an anime called "Angel Beats," and that's where I first heard it.

---

My musical taste varies a lot with my mood, and so do my favorite songs. In general, though, I gravitate towards songs that have a structure to them - songs where you can tell that there's a build-up to a climax. I don't mind it when a song takes melodic detours here and there, because let's face it: little things like changes in tempo or key spice up the overall listening experience. But, at the end of the day, I like it more when songs have a discernible beginning, middle, and end.

Some of the songs I've been listening to lately fall in the KPOP genre. I do like me some Korean ballads every now and again, though - Ailee's song from the Goblin OST is one example.

Anything by EXID I'm bound to like (DDD is my favorite EXID song, with the rest of their songs trailing a close second), and as a Kim Chungha fanboy, I'd be remiss not mention her here! Her latest song "Gotta Go" is a bop, and I'd honestly put it above "Rollercoaster." I'm glad she's won six award shows with it, because she definitely deserves it.

As far as Japanese music goes, every song on Kenshi Yonezu's "Lemon" album is on my playlist ("Paper Flowers" takes the cake for best song in the album, which isn't saying much since it's such a great album overall and any song on there could take first easily if I didn't like the vibe of "Paper Flowers" so much). Another Japanese artist I fell in love with (quite recently too) is ナノ. Most (if not all) of her songs are so catchy that I can't pick just one as my favorite. Though we only got a snippet of it, I think "Kemurikusa" is going to be a contender for best song for sure; the switch-up in tempo that happens near the end of the one-minute snippet reminded me of something I'd hear from a marching band, which I'm certainly not complaining about. Some other songs from her that I like are Nevereverland, Gloria, Rock On, and My Liberation. I'd type more songs, but my fingers aren't exactly cooperating with me right now.

EDIT: TYPOS GALORE >.>

I completely agree with you on LiSA's song generally being really good. I don't think I know of any that I actually don't like.

Anyway, I just gave Psychedelic Drive and Ichiban no Takaramono a listen and I've got a new song on my Spotify playlist. Sadly, Ichiban no Takaramono isn't on Spotify, so I can't add that one, but it was really good. Angel Beats was actually like my third anime I ever watched, so I don't really remember the song since it was so long ago.

As for Kenshi Yonezu, I've only listened to a few of his songs, but I really like Lemon, Paper Flower, and his duet with Daoko for Uchiage Hanabi.

I actually know My Liberation since I heard it in the rhythm game Osu, if you happen to know that. I actually had no clue that Nano was a her since she completely sounds like a guy in My Liberation. Her voice is pretty amazing though, and it's really cool that she can sing in both English and Japanese since she was born in New York. I'll definitely be listening to some more of her music today and tomorrow.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Thanks to my better music taste, these are some of my favorite songs atm:
    OutKast - Hey Ya!
    George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    King Crimson - Epitaph
    Prince - Gold
    Prince - Kiss
    Queen - Made in Heaven
    Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
    Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur
    Elton John - Crocodile Rock
    Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2019
    Recently I have been listening a lot to Anderson .Paak. He is a very good artist and his music is perfect. Mac Miller is also awesome :)

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos (I can't stop listening to this!)
    All Time Low - Remembering Sunday (At one point in my life, I seriously loved this song so much, I wanted it to be the last song I heard before I died - I'm not committed to that anymore, but it's still very special to me!)
    Billy Joel - Piano Man (Gets me every time *sniff*)
    Linkin Park - Most of their songs, really, but special mention goes to Waiting for the End
    Florence and the Machine - Same, but special mention to Blinding.
    Ed Sheeran - The A Team (This one legitimately messes me up for a while every time it comes on the radio)
    Train - Drops of Jupiter
    John Schneider - I've Been Around Enough to Know (My grandmother has a John Schneider tape with this as the first song, and we used to listen to it all the time in my childhood as we rode around town - when she sold the car that had the tape player, I burned a CD with the same songs as her Christmas present. <3)
    David Allen Coe - You Never Even Called me by my Name (It really is the ultimate country western song. :giggle:)
    David Frizzell and Shelly West - You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma
    Brooks and Dunn - Neon Moon
    George Strait - Cheyenne
    Rodney Crowell - After all this Time (Seriously, shout out to Granny for all this awesome country music I know about)
    Kris Allen - Live Like we're Dying
    Jon Bellion - Hand of God (Mainly the end part - if you've heard it, you know what I'm talking about.)
    Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Seriously, this song just gets a bad rap because of the music video...:frown:)
    Cee Lo Green - Bright Lights Bigger City
    Fun. - Carry On
    OneRepublic - Counting Stars (There are a bunch of songs from this era I could put here, as it was a very notable time in my life, but I'll pick this one as a representative.)
    Mike Posner - Please Don't Go (I've loved this song since I was a preteen. It's sort of sad, actually - even then, the line "running from tomorrow" got to me, because I felt like that was what I was doing in my life, and I still do. Maybe we all do, to an extent.)
    Eminem and Rihanna - Love the Way you Lie (I'm lucky enough not to be able to relate to this song, but I can appreciate it as a work of art)
    Eminem - Venom (Didn't see the movie, because it was a tad too disturbing for me, but the song - wow. This might be the first time I've been moved to describe something as fire.)
    Evanescence - Once again, most of their songs, but I'm gonna give a specific shout-out to Bring me to Life. Because I liked it before it was a meme. :giggle:
    Naked Brothers Band - Eventually (Guilty pleasure time!)
    Free Energy - Bang Pop (This one needs more love!)
    Anchored - Last Night (This one too!)

...I think I'll stop myself here, haha.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite bands are :
    Breaking Benjamin
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Three Day Grace
    Linkin Park
    3 Doors down
    ETC.

pikapikaboom

PikaPikaaa
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 28, 2019
    Bad Wolves - Zombie (Official Audio)
    Moontrackers - Bulgarian Folk
    Hippie Sabotage - Devil Eyes
    Calendar Project May (co-prod. Koresma)
    Close Your Eyes - hangdrum - relaxing sounds - rhythmic ambient - experimental ASMR
    Wardruna feat. AURORA - Helvegen +multi-language LyricsSubtitles (live at TraenaFestival2017) H

Years
  • Oh brilliant, I'm adding...!

• Starlight - Muse
    • My Name is Jonas - Weezer
    • Baby, You're a Haunted House - Gerard Way
    • Millions - Gerard Way
    • Don't Try - Gerard Way
    • Zero Zero - Gerard Way
    • Brother - Gerard Way
    • Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
    • Walk - Kwabs
    • Broken Glass - Sia
    • Chandelier - Sia
    • Umbrella - Rihanna
    • Sight of You - Sigrid
    • We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
    • Electric Blue - Icehouse
    • Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) - My Chemical Romance
    • Bulletproof Heart - My Chemical Romance

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I grew up listening to Coldplay so their songs hold a lot of meaning to me. My favourite song of all time to this day is still Clocks by Coldplay - I can not express how much it means to me. Not sure if they're favourites but other songs I've enjoyed a lot or have held meaning to me over the years include:

Spoiler:

I am sure there are a few more that I missed but those are the ones that I thought of for now at least! I might edit some in as I think of them.

Last edited:

dandere

Dandere Soul
    Years
  • I like music, a LOT. I listen to any genre of music, aside from most country music (just not a fan), but the genres I happen to listen to the most happen to be Rock, Metal, and any of their subgenres.

Please feel free to share any of your favorite songs!

Now here are some of my favorite and most notable songs I listen to (and by 'some' I probably mean a huge list because I'm a giant dingus):

Alter Bridge - Isolation
    Orden Ogan - Gunman
    The Ocean - Firmament
    Breaking Benjamin - Psycho
    Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
    Breaking Benjamin - Torn in Two
    Shinedown - Diamond Eyes
    Shinedown - DEVIL
    Gojira - Love
    Gojira - Stranded
    Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
    Gojira - Oroborus
    Gojira - Wisdom Comes
    Gojira - Flying Whales
    The Faceless - The Spiraling Void
    Anthrax - Blood Eagle Wings
    District Unknown - 64
    Deftones - Romantic Dreams
    Deftones - Rosemary
    Deftones - Diamond Eyes
    Deftones - Risk
    Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
    Deftones - This Place Is Death
    Black Crown Initiate - Stench of the Iron Age
    Killswitch Engage - The Arms of Sorrow
    Killswitch Engage - Life To Lifeless
    Killswitch Engage - My Curse
    Killswitch Engage - This is Absolution
    The Dillinger Escape Plan - 43% Burnt
    The Dillinger Escape Plan - One Of Us is the Killer
    Meshuggah - Demiurge

Lately I find folk songs very attractive. Different folk music from different nations, traditional music, each is unique and interesting.

roberchain

Dreamer
    Years
  • No heavy metal fans here? Guys, now look here:

Iron Maiden
    Black Sabbath
    Judas Priest
    Dio
    Slipknot
    System of a Down

I call it 'Food for Soul' :D

Years
  • uhhh this is going to be a hell of a list

Nevada - Vicetone ft. Cozi Zuehlsdorff)
    Hands - Gareth Emery, Alastor, London Thor
    Satellite - Above & Beyond, Oceanlab
    Frontlines - Zeds Dead, NGHTMRE, GG Magree
    Meteorites 0 Noah Neiman, HALIENE
    Fracutres - Illenium, Nevve
    Waterfalls - Roger Matin, Maurice
    Where I'll be waiting - Rich Edwards, Cozi Zuehlsdorff
    Guardian Angel - Joe Ghost, Kevin Acero, Joyla
    Like Air - NERVO, Wolfpack
    Through the Night (Direct Remix) - Direct, Roniit
    By Your Side - Jonas Blue, RAYE
    Take You Down - Illenium
    Alone - Alan Walker
    Spirals - Illenium, Sound Remedy, King Deco
    The Journey - Feint, Veela
    High - Eva Shaw, Shaggy, Demarco
    November - SUPER CRUEL, Lisa Mitchell
    Feeling of Falling - Cheat Codes, Kim Petras
    Reverie - Illenium, King Deco
    Together - Y'all
    Pretty Girl (Cheat Codes x CADE Remix) - Maggie Lindemann, Cheat Codes, CADE

ok I think there's more but I'll stop there

kowalskyhub

Kowalsky
    Years
  • If I Can't Have You - Shawn Mendes
    Senorita - Shawn Mendes, Camilla Cabeo
    Sucker - Jonas Brothers
    Without Me - Halsey, Juice WRLD
    Old Town Road - Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus
    boyfriend - Ariana Grande, Social House
    break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored - Ariana Grande

My current top list, can't remember all-time top list or list may be too huge to list here. I listen to music all the time and I change my playlist very often.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I listen to lots of genres and not all of these are actually "songs"; years ago I used to have a few favourites but now I have lots, and if some stand out are mostly because they remember me of certain moments in my life (and maybe aren't even my favourite songs as far as music alone is concerned).

Probably I'm going to leave out many ones I love but I'm limiting it to 2 or 3 per artist:

Invisible Limits - Tangerine Dream
    Tangram (set 1) - Tangerine Dream
    Monolight - Tangerine Dream
    Bayreuth Return - Klaus Schulze
    Friedemann Bach - Klaus Schulze
    Crystal Lake - Klaus Schulze
    The Host of Seraphim - Dead Can Dance
    Les Chants Magnétiques (p.1) - Jean-Michel Jarre
    To Tame a Land - Iron Maiden
    Alexander the Great - Iron Maiden
    The Phantom of the Opera - Iron Maiden
    Victim of Changes - Judas Priest
    Shofukan - Snarky Puppy
    GØ - Snarky Puppy
    La Locomotiva - Francesco Guccini
    Don Chisciotte - Francesco Guccini
    My God - Jethro Tull
    Close to the Edge - Yes
    L'Evoluzione - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
    Canto Nomade per un Prigioniero Politico - Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
    Sospesi nell'Incredibile - Le Orme
    Tunic - Sonic Youth
    Ohm Sweet Ohm - Kraftwerk
    First Breath After Coma - Explosions in the Sky
    Háfsol - Sigur Rós
    Untitled #5 - Sigur Rós
    Viðrar Vel til Loftárása - Sigur Rós
    Dýrafjörður - Sólstafir
    To the Skies from a Hillside - Maybeshewill
    He Films The Clouds, pt. 2 - Maybeshewill
    Take Me Into Your Skin - Trentemøller
    The Mash and the Fury - Trentemøller
    November - Trentemøller
    The Writer - Ellie Goulding
    Dead in the Water - Ellie Goulding
    Don't Say a Word - Ellie Goulding
    Cruel World - Lana del Rey
    The Blackest Day - Lana del Rey
    No Harm Tonight - Lenka
    Fade into You - Mazzy Star
    Untitled (Grasses Grow) - A Fine Frenzy
    Beachfires - Burial
    Come Down To Us - Burial

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ho ho ho, what a nice thread. If I were to choose like 2 or 3 from each group or artist I have in my Spotify one and only playlist, this would be it I guess:

ABBA - Money, Money, Money
    ABBA - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
    ABBA - I'm a Marionette
    Arcturus - The Chaos Path
    Arcturus - Game Over
    Arcturus - Crashland
    AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    AC/DC - Hells Bells
    AC/DC - Thunderstruck
    The Beatles - I am the Walrus
    The Beatles - While my Guitar Gently Weeps
    Black Sabbath - Die Young
    Black Sabbath - War Pigs
    Blondie - Heart of Glass
    Blondie - Rapture
    Blondie - Call Me
    Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune
    Deep Purple - When a Blind Man Cries
    Deep Purple - Knocking at Your Back Door
    Depeche Mode - Corrupt
    Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
    El Cuarteto de Nos - No Llora
    El Cuarteto de Nos - Lo malo de ser bueno
    El Cuarteto de Nos - Ya no sé que hacer conmigo
    Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
    Electric Light Orchestra - Evil Woman
    Faun - Oyneng Yar
    Faun - Walpurgisnacht
    Guns N' Roses - November Rain
    Guns N' Roses - Civil War
    Heart - Crazy on You
    Heart - Barracuda
    Heart - Dream of the Archer
    Iced Earth - Cthulhu
    Iced Earth - Highwayman
    Iced Earth - Seven Headed Whore
    Iron Maiden - Hallowed be Thy Name
    Iron Maiden - The Trooper
    Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
    Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
    Journey - Girl Can't Help It
    Journey - Don't Stop Believing
    Judas Priest - Metal Gods
    Judas Priest - Night Crawler
    Judas Priest - Children of the Sun
    King Crimson - Epitaph
    King Crimson - Moonchild
    King Crimson - The Court of the Crimson King
    Kraftwerk - Electric Café
    Kraftwerk - The Robots
    Kraftwerk - Computer Love
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    Led Zeppelin - The Rover
    Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
    Madonna - La Isla Bonita
    Madonna - Vogue
    Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde
    Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
    Megadeth - Trust
    Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Metallica - Enter Sandman
    Metallica - One
    Michael Jackson - Al Capone
    Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
    Miranda! - Perfecta
    Miranda! - Don
    Nightwish - The Siren
    Nightwish - Master Passion Greed
    Pearl Jam - Black
    Pearl Jam - Jeremy
    Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter
    Pink Floyd - Dogs
    Pink Floyd - Time
    Pink Floyd - Sheep
    Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad
    Queen - All Dead, All Dead
    Queen - Killer Queen
    Rush - Cinderella Man
    Rush - Witch Hunt
    Rush - Working Man
    Sabaton - Sparta
    Sabaton - Carolus Rex
    Sabaton - Panzerkampf
    Saxon - Crusader
    Saxon - The Great White Buffalo
    Saxon - Princess of the Night
    Scorpions - Crossfire
    Scorpions - Still Loving You
    Scorpions - Humanity
    Shizuka Kudo - Embrace
    Shizuka Kudo - Blue Velvet
    Shizuka Kudo - Doukoku
    Soda Stereo - Persiana Americana
    Soda Stereo - De Música Ligera
    Soda Stereo - Cuando Pase el Temblor
    Sonata Arctica - Shy
    Sonata Arctica - Letter to Dana
    Sonata Arctica - Tallulah
    Troldhaugen - Día del Chupacabra
    Troldhaugen - Lefty's Wild Ride
    The Who - Pinball Wizard
    The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's funny because I'm watching Beetlejuice right now and just as I read your post they started playing, "Shake, Shake, Shake Senora!"

Great song. Not my favorite, but great song.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The Broken Result
    Massacre of the 9th Hell
    Night of Honest Lies

Actually, literally their entire only album is amazing 🖤

Black Dahlia Murder
    Deathmask Divine
    Vines of Thorn
    Christ Deformed
    Goat of Departure

Pretty much all of their songs 🖤

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
    Mr. Pinstripe Suit
    Jumpin' Jack
    Save My Soul
    Cruel Spell

Ithilien
    Edelweiss
    Blindfolded

Suga Shikao
    19Sai
    Nobody Knows

The Speakeasies' Swing Band
    Bright Lights Late Nights
    Black Swamp Village
    Gypsy Curse

Frank Sinatra
    Fly With Me
    Strangers in the Night

Billie Holiday
    Crazy He Calls Me
    Easy Living

Ghost Town
    Dracula
    You're So Creepy

Veil of Maya
    Lucy
    Aeris
    Mikasa

Dethklok
    Awaken
    Birthday Dethday
    Murmaider

I've got plenty of other bands and songs I like, but I'll end the list here for now. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    I, for one, am a rather big metal fan, but there are other genres I like, classical and techno (including the genres like it) are some of the main ones. I'll just list a handful of artists/bands and 3 songs for each. It's pretty hard for me to choose my favorites (most of my favorites in general are from Saviour Machine). Most of my music is clean, only using minor language and whatnot. I will give warnings of need be. The majority of my music is religious, so there's your first warning. I don't expect people to give them a listen anway.

The Negative - Demon Hunter
    When The Devil Come - Demon Hunter
    Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck - Demon Hunter

The False Prophet - Saviour Machine
    Force Of The Entity - Saviour Machine
    The Hunger Circle - Saviour Machine

Even You - The Wedding Party
    Raven's Warning - The Wedding Party
    To The Unknown God - The Wedding Party

The Reckoning - Death Therapy
    Possessed - Death Therapy
    Resist the Eclipse - Death Therapy

Robeast - Dance With The Dead
    Watching You - DWTD
    Dressed to Kill - DWTD

Alright, I decided to do five bands. 15 songs in total. I have some bands/artists that deserve some honorable mentions, mainly because they're nostalgic to me since I've listened to them from when I was very little (in Dr. Steel's case, when I was a baby). 1.) The Birthday Massacre 2.) Dr. Steel 3.) Ashbury Heights 4.) Covenant
    5.) VNV Nation 6.) Resurrection Eve (not sure how long I've listened to him but it still feels nostalgic to me).

Also, Death Therapy did some songs that were inspired by video games. Both of The Belmont Family Curse songs are inspired by Castlevania and The Instability of Proto Man is inspired by Mega Man. Another band I listen to, August Burns Red, did a metal cover for the LoZ theme fairly recently.

Back