• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Empire Version

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
God damn it Danny, another hack?
Yes, that's right, another hack, this time, Pokémon Empire Version!

Who are you? And what's that?

I'm Danny0317, previously known as Dark Sneasel and Ninja Surskit (wtf was I thinking), the creator of Pokémon Fluorite and Pokémon Orion, and I've come back with another hack. In my third year of hacking, I've finally made my mind up on what to do.

I had gotten tired of Pokémon Fluorite and there was too many things I wanted to go back and change, and as for Pokémon Orion, I had to restart, and no one seemed to really care about it, so that's off, for now, at least.

Okay... What's it about?

You, the player, are a 14 year old living a normal, and privileged life on Phiri City. Your life is great, and there's absolutely no worries, and with a family that has time to do fun things like go camping, there's really no need to be a Pokémon Trainer. However, that all changed one day.

Your city gets destroyed.

You oversleep one day, and are woken up by your mom calling you downstairs to eat breakfast. The day starts off like any other, the family is talking, nothing too interesting. As you go get your breakfast with your mother, everyone hears a weird noise, and the player and mother decide to check it out, but on their way out, two intruders with Pokemon barge into your home, blabbering something about not paying, and an example to the region. Your dad's Pikachu easily fights them off, but to their surprise, they have more Pokemon. The player's brother decides to stay back and fight them himself, allowing his family to exit the home and hopefully escape.

Once they're outside, it's much worse than they thought. Homes are on fire, there's people fighting everywhere, chaos is everywhere. After a talk with the player's mom, she tells the player that there's an open spot in a helicopter that a nurse allows you to go on. After saying your goodbyes, the player decides to leave. That is, until they destroy the helicopter too. The player now, alone, and with only a Lillipup, does the only thing a kid would know how to do in that situation: run.

After being chased, the young hero eventually escapes, but now, alone in the region with nowhere to go, and only a weak Pokemon to his/her aid, must find a place to go.

A cutscene and year later, the player now lives in a poor town on the northern part of the region. That town, too, was destroyed by the evil organization that calls itself Team Imperium. The player has had enough, and with no family, no money, and no answers to anything, he/she seeks revenge. But what is there to Team Imperium? Are they just greedy people that will do anything to get money? Or is there something deeper?

Lemme see!

bFR2lEa.png

Release? Where?

None, yet. However, I do have an about 7 minute version as of now, if anyone wants to play. Just PM me or write it in the thread!

Credits
Redriders180 for his World map tiles
Tcoppy for general ideas, and support
LCCoolJ95 for his Emerald 650 Patch
Chaos Rush for his emerald expansion and DS-style sprites
Sbird for the emerald expansion
mamamama for his Emerald ROMBase, which helped immensely as a starter base for this patch
Naren JR for the lightning bolts, pikachu sprite, and teaching me how to do it
My friend irl Alex for helping me with the story

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Hey, good to see another hack! Sorry about Orion, I would post in it, but I've been busy with a lot of things and I don't want to be the guy that necro'ed that thread. Anyways, it looks really good, and I love the screenies XD

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
You should work more in graphics and maps, I mean, you have 2 screens wich are really good:
y3dlzII.png
LhMyHrp.png

But in the toher hand you have poor maps in this others:
j3gPV02.png
y3dlzII.png

I know you love Emerald, but do you love Emerald tiles as well? You should try something different like you know, change some tiles or overworlds.
Can't see too much scripting but I bet you will do a good work on that, best of luck mate!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I like the story. Seems like it could be pretty exciting. Jaizu seems to have already covered your mixed mapping, so I'll just second what he says there.

Also, on the region map:
Ox9wmDP.png]

Apart from the trees, the land is rather dull. You should really fill in the blank areas with more patches of different elevation.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
The plot are very good and original, the maps looks veru good, but is your third hack that use the same poor and ugly emerald style, really, you need better graphics.

Goos luck!!!

Reactions: Nex

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Great Story, appealing graphics and yeah waiting for the release. Only request is, please complete the hack :)

Thank you!

The most unique Hack ever!!! must be the the sucessor of discovery!!!

Thanks!

The most unique Hack ever!!! must be the the sucessor of discovery!!!

Hey, good to see another hack! Sorry about Orion, I would post in it, but I've been busy with a lot of things and I don't want to be the guy that necro'ed that thread. Anyways, it looks really good, and I love the screenies XD

Haha, thanks, and don't worry about it man, you didn't do that, haha

You should work more in graphics and maps, I mean, you have 2 screens wich are really good:
y3dlzII.png
LhMyHrp.png

But in the toher hand you have poor maps in this others:
j3gPV02.png
y3dlzII.png

I know you love Emerald, but do you love Emerald tiles as well? You should try something different like you know, change some tiles or overworlds.
Can't see too much scripting but I bet you will do a good work on that, best of luck mate!

Yes, I do very much like the emerald tiles as well. They're my favorite and I really don't see myself using others. And thank you, I'll fix that shitty map haha

I like the story. Seems like it could be pretty exciting. Jaizu seems to have already covered your mixed mapping, so I'll just second what he says there.

Also, on the region map:
Ox9wmDP.png]

Apart from the trees, the land is rather dull. You should really fill in the blank areas with more patches of different elevation.

Will do, thank you! Now to find a tilemap editor that can open 8bpp and rmp/raw files ;-;

The plot are very good and original, the maps looks veru good, but is your third hack that use the same poor and ugly emerald style, really, you need better graphics.

Goos luck!!!

Thank you, but again, I like the emerald style, and I probably won't change it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Very interesting hack. Didnt recognize your name change till now Danny(Dark Sneasel). Good luck with this hack, rooting for ya.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
What are my eyes seeing! *-*
We did it! The tileset looks nice, I'm sure you will be okay adding new houses and some stuff; you know if you need help I'm ~here~
Now just still mapping and making scripts, can't wait to see your hack progressing :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I think the maps look pretty awesome! Are you going to have all 721 Pokemon in this hack, or just 650 (since you're using the Emerald 650 patch)?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
What are my eyes seeing! *-*
We did it! The tileset looks nice, I'm sure you will be okay adding new houses and some stuff; you know if you need help I'm ~here~
Now just still mapping and making scripts, can't wait to see your hack progressing :D

Thank you! And yeah, I can insert tiles just fine, idk why that house was so alfajdflkjasf for me.. dat roof doe XD

I think the maps look pretty awesome! Are you going to have all 721 Pokemon in this hack, or just 650 (since you're using the Emerald 650 patch)?

Thank you! It's gonna be all the gen 5 pokemon + sylveon. :)

Guys, keep in mind that if anyone wants to play, you can shoot me a PM or write it here, I need beta testers, haha

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Wow, really like the story, and that tileset 0_0
Im so sad I cant pm you right now to play it for a bit since im on vacation right now so no pc available, but ill surely do when im back. Keep up the good work dude!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
I thought it is gonna be a Star Wars in a Pokemon hack. It is because for me when I'm hearing something about "empire", Star Wars always comes first in my mind (also Darth Vader and Stormtroopers as well). LOL Haha! Sorry for being crazy. But, it is very well for a name of a version. XD

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So, I've made this map..

X9GRq.jpg

What do you guys think? (don't mind the tile error on the top right right part)

Credits to CNickC and kymotonian for the PC and Mart tiles, other tiles are in my previous post.

Oh, and in-game :)

fqHoa.jpg

Last edited:
Back