• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    You'd need to open up the PositionerScripts.rxdata in RMXP and change value for "scale" in the def initialize of the class AnimatedBitmapWrappers.

Could you be more specific..I know you didnt make this system to be changed but if you could help me I would apreciate it. I tried to change that scale value but looks like the sprites in the positioner.exe still the same size...ty very much
    NOTE: Sorry for horrible english

Niteslayer

Shogun
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Specify Battlebacks {BUG Solved}

My METADATA Settings
    # Tower
    BattleBack=MountainNight
    Weather=Storm,100
    TrainerVictoryME=trainer win.mp3
    Outdoor=true

The Bug: When the battle starts, the field background is on a small square on the top left side
    of the screen. I want it to appear on the whole screen as a battle background... What is wrong?

How want it to be (Example)

latest

The Error
    iH6oCLf.png

Last edited:

PsyShockker

Normally, Elite Battle doesn't have any issues on backgrounds. It could be that you're using defaut essentials background but you have forgotten to resize them.
    You can grab any Photo Editor Software and resize the image to be as the same size as the Elite Battle ones.

I hope this can fix it.

Years
  • Ummm, I'm having this problem when testing double battles.
    Spoiler:

I haven't done anything to the scripts (except changing some things in the entry animation) , and I tried about an hour before, and the double battle worked perfectly, then I tried the double battle with a partner and it would show me that error and now double battles in general don't work...

During the hour, I was messing around with the girl trainer back sprite and another back sprite for the partner. I also added some trainers and that's it, I didn't touch the scripts, I tried re-pasting the UI script and the System script and I also checked that everything was in order (they are), but nothing helped.

If someone could help, it would be greatly appreciated !

Years
  • Cool story bro.

Thanks for helping !
    It worked perfectly.

got something else now...
    The double battle never ends. or the enemy trainers stop selecting Pkmns to battle.
    The partner trainer also doesn't choose the next Pokemon after the first one faints.

Spoiler:

It just keeps showing that Message and goes on with the battle, even thought there is no target. This also happens when all the enemy Pkmns are beaten (fainted), the battle just continues...
    ( heh.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    ok am i missing something but i can not find the download link for the new ui files
    EDIT
    ok found the necessary files

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Hey Luka! First of all, great scripts! I'm really enjoying the EB in my game, so thank you!!

Yesterday I found a little issue. I'm using Essentials 16.1 and only "modified" it with EB. Since then, every time a Pokémon, be it Wild, Trainer or my own, uses Sand-Attack, I get the following message and a crash: I6iWcoo.png on imgur (can't post links yet).

I don't know if any other moves cause the same error. For now, just Sand-Attack. I mad a test, removing all of the EB's scripts and the error stops ocorring... So it must be something related to it.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Same error again when I tried to Test a Trainer Battle (MJdHmDZ.png on imgur)

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Yesterday I found a little issue. I'm using Essentials 16.1 and only "modified" it with EB. Since then, every time a Pokémon, be it Wild, Trainer or my own, uses Sand-Attack, I get the following message and a crash: I6iWcoo.png on imgur (can't post links yet).
    Read this. Doesn't have much to do with EBS.
    got something else now...
    The double battle never ends. or the enemy trainers stop selecting Pkmns to battle.
    The partner trainer also doesn't choose the next Pokemon after the first one faints.
    I've tried all kinds of double battle combinations possible in Essentials trying to replicate the error, and I can't get it. The line numbers for the Battle script section in your error, don't match up with the actual script... You sure you haven't made any changes, and have added in the script properly?
    information or assistance:
    PvP online for: Elitebattle???
    Not happening.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    Anyway to remove the camera shifting back if you want no backsprite? My battles are Gen 6 style and a sprite would ruin this, plus I plan on having custom trainer sprites. Also, is there a way to move the enemy trainer sprite to the bottom and allow it to use sprites the size of the screen? I want to have Gen 6 style battle introductions as well.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Anyway to remove the camera shifting back if you want no backsprite? My battles are Gen 6 style and a sprite would ruin this, plus I plan on having custom trainer sprites. Also, is there a way to move the enemy trainer sprite to the bottom and allow it to use sprites the size of the screen? I want to have Gen 6 style battle introductions as well.
    When programming, there's always a way. You'll have to re-work how the scene works/behaves/initializes. Which you'll have to figure out and do all by yourself, as I won't. I have no interest or intention in making this Gen 5 styled system look/work/feel/behave like anything even remotely related to a Gen 6 style.

Hope I made myself clear enough.

Years
    • Seen today
    First off, love the battle engine. BW had one of the best UIs in the series.
    Secondly, the Battlebacks in the UI download are incomplete. I've gotten errors from missing the Underwater Battlebacks and playerbaseIndoorB.
    Do you have the rest of the battlebacks? if you do could you upload those too?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2020
    When programming, there's always a way. You'll have to re-work how the scene works/behaves/initializes. Which you'll have to figure out and do all by yourself, as I won't. I have no interest or intention in making this Gen 5 styled system look/work/feel/behave like anything even remotely related to a Gen 6 style.

Hope I made myself clear enough.

All I need is that one little edit with the camera and I'd be content, but okay...

Time to struggle to learn C++ or whatever is used in RMXP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2022
    Pokemon Sprites Too Big

So I am using 160x160 sprites for my game, which is the standard size for Pokemon Essentials. I recently tried using the Elite Battle script, which uses smaller sprites. Because of issues I was having, I decided to stop using this script. There's a part in that script that is something like

USENEWUI=True

I switched mine to false so that I am no longer using the Elite Battle System. When I test my game and go into battles, it no longer uses that UI, but my Pokemon sprites are huge! Is the easiest way to fix this just to delete the whole EB script? Or what else can I change?

Back