• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello again.

Which RP should we host?

• Remake "The Legends Of Gaia"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do A Journey RP that is creative, and with unique things

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP, with an unique story and maybe even cool mechanics

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • A Pokemon RP Based on Pokemon Super Eevee Edition, with similar mechanics, and even a creative story

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Super Mario RP, with mechanics, power ups and stuff from the original game, and a cool and creativ

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I did indeed come once for suggestions. And her i am again:

Hello, my name is Gelius3, also known as Gelius solely. You may know me or remember me from some threads or mainly, some RPs, and i also created "The Legends of Gaia", which sadly, had an abrupt end, as it had a lot of potential.

So i have come here in wishing for some help. I finally had come to a conclusion: I need to make another RP. But what one?

So this is what i bring myself to question. I made a poll quite back ago. And a lot voted for that Super Eevee Edition Style, or that Mario Style. Or even Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. And i do thank you for those ideas. So this is what i'm going to do.

I'm going to create a poll. The Poll will last until next week, 7 days from here exactly. Once it's over, or it's obvious the opinion, i will decide, and take on the idea.

You can also submit ideas to these RPs, and give your own touch.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Hey, glad you're working on something, Gel!

Just want some quick clarification before I vote. What would you consider a "creative" journey RP? Like, what changes would you make to the formula to differentiate it? Similarly, what would you consider to be a "unique" story set in a Mystery Dungeon-inspired context, and what sort of mechanics might you incorporate?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    That does get me thinking.

For a Creative Journey RP, i actually thought of having a new objective. Not "Exist until Champion". Maybe a different objective, or maybe an even higher objective!

For unique story set, man, i can tell you it takes time. Maybe using a premisse of Virtual and Real World, or whatever. It takes time to think of one, but maybe something never done before. For Mechanics, i think Story must be done first than Mechanics are done.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    A different end objective would definitely bring about new, unique alterations with a journey RP. Maybe change up the setting too. I remember a steampunk journey proposed some months back.

I wouldn't know what new mechanics a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP might include as an outcome of story. I do remember, though, almost joining a roleplay forum that combined tabletop elements with PMD which added a lot of depth for me. The dungeons in themselves are just an excuse for dungeon-crawling, after all, so I embrace embracing that wholeheartedly. Basically the player would roll a die and, based on their roll, they could come across an item or bump into a wild Pokemon; just like in the games, everything was random. I assume a similar system would work in a contained roleplay of 4-6 party members on one team, perhaps on an encompassing quest that requires traversing through many of these "dungeons". Maybe add a dash of high fantasy and give the Pokemon typical RPG classes; you could invite a mage character, a bard, a rogue, etc.? Could make for some great fun!

Actually, accounting for my earlier question, it wouldn't be all too difficult to subvert a typical PMD storyline since they all follow a formula: a human is transformed into a Pokemon upon entering the "Pokemon world" in which they team up with a partner as a part of some rescue/exploration squad which will ultimately help save the "Pokemon world" from impending doom.

Including a virtual reality aspect with expectations brought about by the PMD side series might actually be rather intriguing. I mean, Porygon exists, and its connection to the digital realm are rarely explored. You could of course go the light novel route and make the "Pokemon world" exist as a fantasy MMO RPG IRL with epic virtual tech and just have humans become Pokemon when they enter said "Pokemon world"; a little passé at this point but I personally still like the concept no matter how many times other series have explored it.

'kay, this post devolved into me idea-dumping pretty quickly. I guess I know what I'm voting for! I just want to see a PMD RP that's "different", y'know? There's a lot you can do with Pokemon saving the world. Really, I'd like to see any RP that strays from the norm in terms of plot and character motivations more than anything. Things can work well mechanically but you also have to invite interesting and diverse characters. Can't have weak links when we're all playing a protagonist!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    That is indeed something. I also once had the idea of "What if our heroes haven't succeed in stopping the Planet's Paralysis, or if they never acted, or if they haven't acted yet"? How would the future turn out? We know how would it be, but what would the new heroes do? Survive? Find a way to be in a peaceful place? And who would be in favor of changing the planet? What would be the lethal dangers in your way?

Another idea i had was also the Pokemon World advanced even more to have technology, and use said stuff to create said technology of virtual reality. It's a distant thing, but possible.

I also imagined how would everything look if the Space Distortion was fully complete. I know it would be catastrophic.

Another idea i had would be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but based on the entire world. IRL World. Sure, other regions would appear somewhere, maybe on the pacific ocean, but, imagine am Ice Cold Forest in where Russia would be, a Tropical Island on Hawaii, A Desert in Saara, Ruins in Greece, and many more.

Other idea i had would have as an Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Apocalyptic World. As in, Dead Pokemon. IT's... Something?

I also thought on the premisse of Pokemon existing in the Regions of the Core Games. With no humans. As in, Dungeons could be created in place of caves and forests and cities. Like, Pewter Quarry, Green Woods (Viridian Forest), Moon Mountain Caves, Cerulean Dungeon, Indigo Plateau, Cinnabar Volcano, and stuff like that.

If needed, i could always create a custom region for a PMD RP, and make a more simpler plot, yet, something that could captivate people.

You know what, i just dumped a load of ideas. If possible, i gotta note down all of this, which is too much for me.

But yeah, i just said ideas.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • I also thought on the premisse of Pokemon existing in the Regions of the Core Games. With no humans. As in, Dungeons could be created in place of caves and forests and cities. Like, Pewter Quarry, Green Woods (Viridian Forest), Moon Mountain Caves, Cerulean Dungeon, Indigo Plateau, Cinnabar Volcano, and stuff like that.

I really like this one. I'd vote for Gaia remake, but we can only vote once. :P

Nice to see ya Gelius!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • And here's a bit more unwanted advice.

For a Creative Journey RP, i actually thought of having a new objective. Not "Exist until Champion". Maybe a different objective, or maybe an even higher objective!

I like the sound of this; I kinda want to explore what else can be considered "a journey" with Pokemon besides eight gyms/champion. I've always liked the setting of Pokemon more than its formula, too.

For Mechanics, i think Story must be done first than Mechanics are done

Aaaaactually, I'm a strong believer in mechanics being explored and generally solidified before a story is fully fleshed out.

Knowing how something will operate will help you make a fitting story around it, and the mechanics inform themes; writing a full story beforehand might make you craft a tale that'll lead your players by the nose, and you might make mechanics that totally clash with the themes your RP hinges on. To put it simply, it's easier to write a story around what your mechanics inherently say by themselves, than try to impose mechanics on a story.

Pokemon World advanced even more to have technology, and use said stuff to create said technology of virtual reality

Pokemon and Technology is something I - t r i e d - to explore in Wundertausch, and I'm still very fascinated by the possibilities. Like Malignant mentioned, artificial 'mons like Porygon would thrive in this setting.

I will say having the player characters be computer programs is a weird choice; don't know if that's a good idea to rehash.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but based on the entire world. IRL World

While it sounds like a lot of fun to explore a region based off everywhere, it might feel a little like Tourism, the RP™ if not handled with care; you want the whole region to mesh together well.

As in, Dungeons could be created in place of caves and forests and cities. Like, Pewter Quarry, Green Woods (Viridian Forest), Moon Mountain Caves, Cerulean Dungeon, Indigo Plateau, Cinnabar Volcano, and stuff like that.

YES.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Out of now, PMD style is indeed winning over this.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I know this isn't exactly the forum you'd expect to see it on, but I'm all for that Mario option. That one's got my vote. Since it IS a roleplay, I have to wonder if it would take from one of the Mario RPG worlds more than the standard Mario platformer worlds?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    The poll closed, and PMD won. So we might build PMD RP, and use this Post to discuss it (Or i create another post). To answer your question Afteglow, i would use features from both, while making it RPG styled. So Fire Flowers and stuff would be expected.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Huzzah! Which ideas pertaining to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon do you want to explore most, Gel?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it would be pretttttty awesomely cool if you made a PMD RP based on a VR premise, somehow.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I dunno. You guys told me a lot of ideas. But hey, i want to let you chose what we can mash up together to make a pretty unique idea. I wanna make this a project from the Roleplay community, not just mine.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I'm still partial to my two ideas, the first regarding a contained questing RP that embraces the dungeon-crawling, roleplaying elements of the source material with traditional fantasy-style classes given to Pokemon. That would mesh well with the "exploration of the Pokemon world" idea you proposed with the characters going through places like the Seafoam Islands and Mt. Moon. Transforming one of the popular regions into a world ruled by Pokemon could be pretty cool.

I still like the idea of a Pokemon virtual reality world too, of course. I think the easiest way to incorporate VR and PMD is to make it meta; humans in real life becoming Pokemon in this game. Just like in the games. High-fantasy could also be incorporated here, or perhaps the virtual realm could be a post-apocalyptic, related to your idea of the characters in the PMD games being too late in saving the world.

Might be repeating myself? I'm really partial towards anything.

Back