• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Wott Appreciation Club ?

Years
tumblr_o7w0l3p0uw1r1hsklo1_1280.jpg

art by francis-john @ deviantart

This is a club focused on the evolution line of Unova's Water-type starter - Oshawott, Dewott and Samurott!

First revealed in CoroCoro in May 2010, Oshawott is one of three starters new trainers in Unova can choose, alongside Snivy and Tepig. Oshawott evolves into Dewott at Level 17, and Samurott at Level 36. Like the other Water-type starter lines, they have the standard ability Torrent that boosts their Water-type attacks when at low health.

A bit of Pokedex info to also get you to know our samurai otter family.

#501 Oshawott
Sea Otter Pok?mon
JP Name: Mijumaru
Height: 1'08"
Weight: 13.0 lbs
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Ability: Shell Armor
Egg Group: Field

#502 Dewott
Discipline Pok?mon
JP Name: Futachimaru
Height: 2'07"
Weight: 54.0 lbs

#503 Samurott
Formidable Pok?mon
JP Name: Daikenki
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 208.6 lbs

I do plan to add more to this OP, but we'll settle with this for now.

Rules:
1. All Pok?Community Global Rules apply!
2. This is a club related to Oshawott and its evolutions, so keep discussions relevant.
3. This is a fan club, so negativity will not be tolerated.
4. Make sure you respect peoples' opinions!
5. Share pictures and other things you love about Oshawott, which I highly encourage for fun.

How to sign up:

Name:
Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott):
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?:
Nickname (optional):

Members:
Spoiler:

Topics:

Did you pick Oshawott as your starter in BW or B2W2?

Last edited:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Hi :D I'll join and pick Samurott as my partner. I love otters so having a line of badass sea otters is a winner for me. Samurott is one of the coolest (heh) final starter evos.
I did choose Oshawott the first time I played Black.
Looking forward to chatting with more fans! :)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Choose your partner 'Wott: Oshawott.
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: It caught my interest because of its cuteness (Ash's first impression about it helps as well), and when I used it, I find it to be pretty good in battles and having wide range of moves well.
Nickname (optional): Mijuken (it's my first nickname given to Oshawott, ever.)

I did pick Oshawott in White, and later on doing the same in Black 2 as well.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott)
Dewott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?
For Oshawott, Because of Cuteness.
For Dewott and Samurott, because form they look, they have high respect to they trainer
Nickname (optional):
Futademaru

Ironic, I love Wott Evo line but not pick them in gen 5.I think I'll pick them in next restart W2
Edit : Actually I Pick Oshawott on my Second-Play Pokemon White

Last edited:

Kartanaheart

Origami King
Years
Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott): Samurott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: A little otter turns into a badass samurai. Samurott's design is impressive, by far my favorite final evolved starter. I also love swords.

I picked Oshawott in the first BW.

Years
Hi :D I'll join and pick Samurott as my partner. I love otters so having a line of badass sea otters is a winner for me. Samurott is one of the coolest (heh) final starter evos.
I did choose Oshawott the first time I played Black.
Looking forward to chatting with more fans! :)

Choose your partner 'Wott: Oshawott.
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: It caught my interest because of its cuteness (Ash's first impression about it helps as well), and when I used it, I find it to be pretty good in battles and having wide range of moves well.
Nickname (optional): Mijuken (it's my first nickname given to Oshawott, ever.)

I did pick Oshawott in White, and later on doing the same in Black 2 as well.

Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott)
Dewott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?
For Oshawott, Because of Cuteness.
For Dewott and Samurott, because form they look, they have high respect to they trainer
Nickname (optional):
Futademaru

Ironic, I love Wott Evo line but not pick them in gen 5.I think I'll pick them in next restart W2

Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott): Samurott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: A little otter turns into a badass samurai. Samurott's design is impressive, by far my favorite final evolved starter. I also love swords.

I picked Oshawott in the first BW.

You're all in! I can definitely understand the appeal of Oshawott in that it's cute, while Samurott is cool and Dewott balances both. There's also something so appealing about Japanese culture and that samurai theme is definitely not an exception to how awesome a Pokemon can be.

Great responses to the topic as well! I always pick Oshawott with every Unova game I play, in fact it was my favourite Unova starter ever since the three were revealed, because I always saw it as having potential. Shame that the poor Oshy was once looked down upon for its design, but those evolutions certainly redeemed it.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Name: LilyGardy
Choose your partner Wott - Oshawott
Why do you love Oshawott and it's evolutions - Oshawott is incredibly cute and it's evolutions have an interesting design and are fun to use in battle.
Did you choose Oshawott in the Unova games? - In my first ever play through of Unova (Black) I chose Oshawott as I did in my play through of Black 2 where I kept him unevolved as an Oshawott but levelled him up with the others and took him to the Hall of Fame.

Years
Name: LilyGardy
Choose your partner Wott - Oshawott
Why do you love Oshawott and it's evolutions - Oshawott is incredibly cute and it's evolutions have an interesting design and are fun to use in battle.
Did you choose Oshawott in the Unova games? - In my first ever play through of Unova (Black) I chose Oshawott as I did in my play through of Black 2 where I kept him unevolved as an Oshawott but levelled him up with the others and took him to the Hall of Fame.

Great to have you on board Gardy! I never would imagine someone who'd keep an unevolved Oshawott through the whole game, but now that I think about it, Windy did one for a challenge where he got a female Oshawott and named it in honour of me, so you're not alone.

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
Years
Name:VoltYellow
Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott):Dewott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?:Oshawott and it's evolutions are pretty cute and strong looking. Oshawott is specially very cute and Its Evolutions Dewott and Samurott are really strong and look very loyal to its Trainer
Nickname (optional):No I wont like to Nickname my pokemon

Years
Name:VoltYellow
Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott):Dewott
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?:Oshawott and it's evolutions are pretty cute and strong looking. Oshawott is specially very cute and Its Evolutions Dewott and Samurott are really strong and look very loyal to its Trainer
Nickname (optional):No I wont like to Nickname my pokemon

Great to have you Volty! Nice to see another one pick Dewott, since I feel it's a perfect design for a middle evolution. It balances both cool and cute, and I always feel it shows loyalty. Hope you have fun discussing stuff in the club!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bump! :)

Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott): Oshawott!
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: It's so cute lmao Dewott feels like a bit of a waste of space but otherwise Oshawott and Samurott are incredible!
Did you pick Oshawott as your starter in BW or B2W2? Never used them for a full run unfortunately :c

Years
Bump! :)

Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: It's so cute lmao Dewott feels like a bit of a waste of space but otherwise Oshawott and Samurott are incredible!
Did you pick Oshawott as your starter in BW or B2W2? Never used them for a full run unfortunately :c

Great to see you pitch in Nica!

Dewott is a nice middle branch, and starter lines tend to be three-stages anyway so we have to accept that. I'm surprised Oshawott was the only starter you never used for a full playthrough of a Unova game, since I know Tepig is your fave and I think you did use Snivy on occasion. Oshawott is definitely a worthy pick due to its versatility of being a Water-type and its attacking stats are not too lopsided like most starters, so I'd say you should give it a shot one day.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Ida13
Partner: Oshawott
Why I like Oshawott; I don't like the evolutions very much, but I do like Oshawott because of its colors and it is cute.
Did I use Oshawott; I did not, but I might restart black 2 with it.

Last edited:
Years
Ida13
Partner: Oshawott
Why I like Oshawott; I don't like the evolutions very much, but I do like Oshawott because of its colors and it is cute.
Did I use Oshawott; I did not, but I might restart black 2 with it.

You're in, Ida!

I can see what you mean in that Oshawott has the cuteness that most starter evolutions tend to lack, and that can often make you not want to evolve it. Have fun discussing!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
Oshawott was one of those Pokemon I would have liked to keep just the way it was, but it was worth it in the end to have Samurott.

Years
Oshawott was one of those Pokemon I would have liked to keep just the way it was, but it was worth it in the end to have Samurott.

I can totally feel what it's like, an evolution line where you prefer the lower stages to the final stage. But then again, evolution is worth it in the end.

Miah

╮( ^ ∇ ^")╭
Years
I accidentally pressed your signature while viewing a thread LOL so here I am.

Name: Miah
Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: Oshawott is really cute, and its evolutions are pretty balanced. Not to mention it is the only starter to learn Shell Blade, which is pretty neat. If Pok?mon truly existed irl, Oshawott is one of the Pok?mon I definitely want to be in my team!
Nickname (optional): Blueberry

Did you pick Oshawott as your starter in BW or B2W2?: Yes, both in BW and B2W2. My last play through of Black (I eventually moved the save file to White because Black City didn't really interest me lmao) with Oshawott as my starter, and I didn't want it to evolve to Dewott. However, at some point, I didn't manage to fulfill that... It's currently a level 99 Samurott today, along with the other Pok?mon in my party. In White 2, I did choose Oshawott once, unfortunately I lost the save file, though :(.

Last edited:
Years
Wow you came across this thread unintentionally. Welcome aboard Miah, and nice story about your history with using Oshawott.

I was going to get a new topic up, but since I'll be hosting an event in the Get-Together I currently don't have the time to do so.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
I love Oshawott, it just has an awesome design. I've never actually used one as a starter, but if I ever get a Gen 5 game I would, without a doubt, choose Oshawott and it's definitely one that I wouldn't evolve and I would keep it the way it is (although I might let it evolve into Dewott).
It's easily my favorite starter aside from Piplup.

Years
I could have sworn this had been a club before. I guess this is a reboot? Regardless I'll join in :)

Name: Krazzikk

Choose your partner 'Wott (Oshawott, Dewott or Samurott): Dewott

Why do you love Oshawott and its evos?: Pokemon White was my first Pokemon game and I remember leading up to getting it I thought a lot about what starter I would choose and I was so sure I was going to pick Oshawott. This was confirmed when I saw the black & white anime and saw how cute Oshawott was and how he acted. Oshawott is also a very noble loyal Pokemon in my eyes especially as he grows up into Dewott and eventually Samurott, similar to a kid growing up into an adult.
But he definitely does hold a place in my heart in part because he was my first Pokemon ever. None of the other starters ever appealed to me. Snivy is annoyingly pompous, and Tepig just has too bland of a design for me. But I'm also a sucker for water types so there. :)​

Nickname (optional): You can call me Krazz or Krazzikk

Did you pick Oshawott as your starter in BW or B2W2?: Yes, I have picked Oshawott all 4 times (I think it's been 4), I've played through Unova. When I played through White thefirst time and beat the elite 4 and got to 'end game' I didn't really understand the value in the 'end game' type content and activities or just didn't know about it at all, so I just restarted my game because I wanted to play through the story again and experience collecting Pokemon again and sure enough I think I did pick Oshawott again.
Later when I bought White 2 I picked Oshawott again, and just recently I restarted that save file and chose Oshawott again.​
Every once in a while when I was bored, I remember starting a new game that I wasn't going to save and I would try the other starters and none of them really resonated with me the way Oshawott did. I can't replace Oshawott lol.​

Back