• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendarily bad

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always noticed the amount of people who love legendary Pokemon or just have a love for a couple legendaries. I've seen countless threads about which legendary is the strongest or which one is your favorite. For someone like me who has never been fond of legendary Pokemon it makes me wonder, is there one people just love to hate?

So the question here is, are there any legendary Pokemon you hate or just don't like? Please list as many as you feel strong distaste for and please explain why! Is it unoriginal to you? Not strong enough? Too ugly? For whatever reason go off on it/them!!

In case you need a memory jog: All Legendaries plus short description

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Sinnoh legendaries in general and the Regi trio and weather trio in particular. I just really don't like their designs. The regi trio I can understand. They are sort of rocks, gargoyles or golems. It suits them pretty well to be alien-like, even though I really don't their designs make them incredibly less cool than the previous "legendary trios".

The weather trio though, they are just... so crude and silly. Groudon's physiology just doesn't make sense. Its arms reminds me of a helpless T-rex and it just overall looks so stiff. Kyogre is plain boring since it's a fish. It could have been something more useful. Honestly, it's more interesting with pokémon that can actually appear on land, at least legendaries. Rayquaza is the least worst one but they could still have done a much more attractive job with the idea of a dragon flying through the ozon layers. Imo they ruined what could have been a really cool Hoenn trio.

Wow I don't think I've been this negative in ages xD There's still plenty of other things I like about Hoenn, jsyk :p

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I have a personal agenda against Zygarde. They completely ripped off Flygon and Garchomp right there. I love both of those dragon very much, and for a another one to come in is sort of frustrating. Since its a legendary you'd expect for it to beat Flygon or Garchomp but that's too much to ask for. Flygon can take it out with one Outrage and Garchomp can freely use Dragon Claw. Plus his design reminds me of a bug and not a dragon.

There's another one that I hate a little less than Zygarde; the Johto legendary dogs. Entei is probably one of the very few fire type pokemon that I hate mainly because he does not strike me at all as a legendary pokemon. They should give off fear but that guy won't do. Suicune looks like a girl to me and he really doesn't portray the healing water part. Being blue won't cut it anyway. Plus, he isn't very useful in battle. And his shiny form looks like a zombie. Lastly Raikou, he seems to strike me as a saber tooth tiger because of the fangs and how he stands. He looks like that legendary pokemon that should do physical attacks well, but he's not very powerful. His shiny form is okay, but I feel that the purple and yellow combo is a bit tacky.

babaGAReeb

Banned
    Years
  • the strongest legendary and pokemon is mewtwo

i am not like DP duo, both diala and palkia are terrible looking, palkia even looks kinda phallic!

A- giratina is alright but O-ginratina is awesome and one of my fave pokemon

I have a personal agenda against Zygarde. They completely ripped off Flygon and Garchomp right there. I love both of those dragon very much, and for a another one to come in is sort of frustrating. Since its a legendary you'd expect for it to beat Flygon or Garchomp but that's too much to ask for. Flygon can take it out with one Outrage and Garchomp can freely use Dragon Claw. Plus his design reminds me of a bug and not a dragon.

how it complete rip off? only thing similar is typing. do u think garchomp am rip off flygon too since its typing is also same as flygon?

zygarde is obviously not in true form similar to giratina and kyurem before it. it is new trend that third box legendary has a true form and zygarde will get one. it will get stronger with new form and beating both garchomp and flygon probably

and it is not a bug its a snake, it is based on world serpent and large snakes are shown as dragons in some myths so it is perfectly fine for to be a dragon

i think zygarde is pretty cool, nice alien like design

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Suicune looks like a girl to me and he really doesn't portray the healing water part. Being blue won't cut it anyway. Plus, he isn't very useful in battle.
    Crocune, my friend, Crocune.

Though I do find the Johto beast trio irritating because you have to chase them all over the place and they can ****ing run away while asleep or frozen.

But one set of legendaries I never really cared for is the Sinnoh Lake Trio. Never cared for their designs or what they symbolize, pure Psychic is not a terribly good typing, and they aren't useful in battle. Well, except Azelf to some degree. But still. And I hate how Mesprit is another one of those roaming legendaries like the aforementioned beast trio.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I am not very fond of legendaries, to put it nicely. They are annoying when it comes to competitive battling, and are getting way too over thought :l

If i had to pick my least favorite it would probably be one of the the newer ones. like i hinted at above, i am not the biggest fan of over top the pokemon, and the newer legends seem to be of that category. Dont get me wrong, they aren't bad, but they just don't fit in with all of the other pokemon if you ask me.

Years
  • I really don't like Cresselia. It's not like normal Psychic types, being a wall rather than a special attacker. Plus, it's often forgotten about with the 50 million other Psychic legendaries out there. Also, what were they doing with its design? It looks horrible.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Suicune looks like a girl to me and he really doesn't portray the healing water part.
    Okay whoa I just gotta stop you there. What's wrong with looking like a girl? xD Suicine isn't a "he" anyways, it's genderless.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Before I respond, all I need to say is wow.

Okay whoa I just gotta stop you there. What's wrong with looking like a girl? xD Suicine isn't a "he" anyways, it's genderless.

The hair seems quite exaggerate for a legendary pokemon to begin with. Of course I know Suicune is genderless; nearly every legendary pokemon is.

Crocune, my friend, Crocune.

Though I do find the Johto beast trio irritating because you have to chase them all over the place and they can ****ing run away while asleep or frozen.

But one set of legendaries I never really cared for is the Sinnoh Lake Trio. Never cared for their designs or what they symbolize, pure Psychic is not a terribly good typing, and they aren't useful in battle. Well, except Azelf to some degree. But still. And I hate how Mesprit is another one of those roaming legendaries like the aforementioned beast trio.

That's also partially why I dislike them so much. I agree with your statement with the legendary lake trio; they never really helped me in battles and is why I like to stick to pokemon like Gastrodon. And Mesprit seemed quite scary to me because of the face. I don't know, it just gives me the shivers.

the strongest legendary and pokemon is mewtwo

i am not like DP duo, both diala and palkia are terrible looking, palkia even looks kinda phallic!

A- giratina is alright but O-ginratina is awesome and one of my fave pokemon

how it complete rip off? only thing similar is typing. do u think garchomp am rip off flygon too since its typing is also same as flygon?

zygarde is obviously not in true form similar to giratina and kyurem before it. it is new trend that third box legendary has a true form and zygarde will get one. it will get stronger with new form and beating both garchomp and flygon probably

and it is not a bug its a snake, it is based on world serpent and large snakes are shown as dragons in some myths so it is perfectly fine for to be a dragon

i think zygarde is pretty cool, nice alien like design

Wow. One, I said it was a personal issue between me and Zygarde. I know he is going to get another form, and I pray that it's a better looking design. Zygarde won't exactly help you win a battle, making Garchomp and Flygon more reliable.

As for the DPP trio, Giratina is the best one out of them. It's just a shame Shadow Force no longer exists in the newer generations. Oh well. Palkia seemed kind of freaky to me too, and PMD really made Dialga evil looking.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not a big fan of Cresselia or the lake guardian trio.

Also the genie trio aren't great although their newer forms are more interesting I didn't like how similar the originals were.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Phione annoys me a lot; it's basically a weaker version of Manaphy and its design is really forgettable and unappealing. If I could get rid of any Pokémon, it would be this one (sorry to whoever's a fan).

Also, I can't stand Mewtwo; just looks plain ugly for me and its Megas don't do justice. I like Mew a tiny bit more but its design is too bland and boring for me (all it is is a pink cat with a giant tail) and imo it's not really cute (I prefer more cool, tough and unique looking Pokémon).

I'm also disappointed with the Kami trio, as said above they all looked similar and I wished they did a lot more with them instead of changing the number of horns and changing the pallette (i.e. perhaps give Thundurus a thunder cloud with extra features and Tornadus rides on a tornado with extra stuff).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Phione annoys me a lot; it's basically a weaker version of Manaphy and its design is really forgettable and unappealing. If I could get rid of any Pokémon, it would be this one

I think phione is super cute, but unfortunately it's pretty pointless and forgettable. I don't think it's actually counted as a legendary. I know it was debatable for a while but I think there's a general consensus that it's not one. I could be wrong though???

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm generally quite neutral when it comes to legendary pokemon. Some I like, others less so, but generally I like a legendary pokemon when they actually feel legendary. I think that gen 3 started an unfortunate trend of just including too many legendaries, and the efforts you had to go to catch some of them were pretty absurd. I was very pleased that in X and Y that they cut back on the legendaries with only 3 new ones, and if I'm not mistaken I think you can only catch 4 per save file too. It feels important when you only have 4 of them and not a box full in the PC.

With that ramble out of the way, I'll get to my most hated legendary. Well I actually have 2, and I hate them both for similar reasons. Landorus (both forms) and Keldeo. I tend not to like legendaries that are part of a group or trio. They lack uniqueness and just feel like pallet swaps of each other. They're also just both incredibly strong and I hate coming up against them in OU battles, especially over wifi. I don't gen, so it's very frustrating when my OU team of legit bred pokemon come up against a team of perfect IV genned Landorus, Keldeo, Victini, etc.

tl;dr: I hate Lando and Keldeo because they're ugly, boring and OP.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aside from Azelf, I've never been much of a Lake Trio fan, unfortunately. They remind me of fairies (even though they're not categorized as this type), which I personally find to be quite adorable, but one thing that drives me away is their usefulness in terms of competitive battling; they are honestly not that great. Even if you're experienced and have decent strategy on how to utilize these Pokémon, they would still be taken down by your foe without much trouble at all.

Along with above two, I also sort of dislike Regigigas. It's meant to be king of Regi Trio, and while it does seem like one appearance-wise, it's unable to live up to that when battling. I suppose, though, most of it has to do with its ability--Slow Start--which causes it to halve its Speed stat for first five turns. If it weren't for that, it would have been much, much more usable.

Another that comes to mind is Victini, as its design just doesn't seem to click with me, unfortunately. Well, I'm a fan of it, actually, but just not too fond of its general looks.

Sirfetch’d

There aren't too many Pokemon that I dislike and legendaries are no exception to this rule, but there are a few whom I am not a fan of. I really dislike Kyurem and it's two alternate forms; Black and White Kyurem. I feel like this Pokemon was poorly designed, it's typing is pretty cool, but that is about all that is good about it. Reshiram and Zekrom were pretty good and to see the third member of the trio not follow in their awesomeness was just a let down for me haha.

Years
  • There aren't many legendaries that I strongly dislike, but if a third to half of them were to suddenly disappear, I wouldn't bat an eye.

If I were able to give the axe to legendaries that I don't think deserve their slot/don't really need to be there, I'd go with the Regis (including Regigigas), Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Manaphy, Phione, Victini, the Kami trio, the 4 musketeers, and Diancie. That's not to say I don't like any of them, but having as many legendaries as we do waters down the meaning in my eyes, which is why I'm glad to see that X/Y didn't add very many.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Manaphy and Phione FTL, not to mention Shaymin and Celebi. Because real men don't use sissies like those.

But seriously, those are some weak-sauce legendaries, with Celebi's weak dual-type putting it on the same level as those three. Crunch Dark/Fire Houndoom would like to say hello, Celeb. If a Legendary could be taken down with a BL (GSC era) like that (give or take, the chances of taking down is still pretty high), then you know you've got a problem.

Though to be honest, many legendaries are really just event Pokemon served as a gimmick to promote the anime movies (Arceus and Darkrai, for example). If they are strong and powerful, fine, but Arceus is a god for crying out loud. He's weak for a god.

Back