• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My favourite Kanto starter order is:
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Venusaur

I sometimes use Blastoise if i want a change of pace of the game but 99% of the time i pick Charmander.

Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?
    The hardest decision of your childhood.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Sorry I haven't been here much. Been kinda busy. But, everything will be updated momentarily. J1KTheGamer, review the rules and fix your join post accordingly before I can add you. ;)

I'm honestly starting to think about possibly scrapping this event, due to such little popularity it seems to be getting. :\

Let's get another discussion ball rolling: Many Gen I Pokemon received evolutions/pre-evolutions in later games. Are there any of these you found were unnecessary, or any that you think should get evolutions/pre-evolutions but did not?

For me, I feel most of the baby forms to be just a cute little additon to the games. Not exactly necessary, but not something that makes me think they shouldn't have done it. As far as evolutions, though, while I like most of them, some are just meh. For example, Lickitung -> Lickilicky. Lickilicky and Lickitung really don't have much difference in design, now do they? If they had made it more original, maybe I'd have liked this one more. And the branched evolution of Gloom to Bellossom, it just doesn't make much sense. Gloom seems much more linked to Vileplume than Bellossom. Bellossom just seems like it should be a separate Pokemon.

As far as those that I think should get evolutions/pre-evolutions: I would LOVE to see a baby form of Lapras! Lapras just seems to me like it should have something it evolves from; it kinda feels like an evolved Pokemon, imo. I also think Golduck should have an evolution. It just seems a bit too mediocre to be considered fully evolved. Last, Farfetch'd should evolve. The only thing I like about it is the fact that it carries that leek. Its stats are horrible, and is just too basic to be a stand-alone Pokemon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Many Gen I Pokemon received evolutions/pre-evolutions in later games. Are there any of these you found were unnecessary, or any that you think should get evolutions/pre-evolutions but did not?
    I think Farfetch'd, Raticate, Rapidash, Sandslash, and Jynx should get evolutions.

Farfetch'd and Raticate have horrible stats and deserve an evolution. Rapidash may have great Attack and Speed stats, but it just needs an evolution. Sandslash may have Sand Rush, good Attack and Defense, and a good movepool, but I don't think that's enough. And if Electabuzz and Magmar got an evolution in Generation IV, why didn't Jynx get one?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I think Farfetch'd, Raticate, Rapidash, Sandslash, and Jynx should get evolutions.

Farfetch'd and Raticate have horrible stats and deserve an evolution. Rapidash may have great Attack and Speed stats, but it just needs an evolution. Sandslash may have Sand Rush, good Attack and Defense, and a good movepool, but I don't think that's enough. And if Electabuzz and Magmar got an evolution in Generation IV, why didn't Jynx get one?

Jynx ounterpart, if I am not mistaken is Mr.Mime, wherein both of them gained a pre-evo, although Mr. Mime's came three generations later after Smoochum.

On topic, I guess most of the water types should gain an evo, like Golduck and Seaking. Their design is good already, but their stats just do not match with the final evo stat. Also, I want Farfetch'd to gain an evolution AND a pre-evo. To fix his very unusable stats, he needs to grow more, so that people would notice him more. And just for cuteness, a pre-evo of him.

Lapras needs a pre-evo, and so does Tauros (which could be a branched evolution to Miltank. I have seen a few fakemons, and they were good)

EEVEE NEEDS OTHER FORMS. There are still several possible forms for Eevee like rock, Ground, or Steel. He could even be a flying type, depending on the situation.

On the other topic:

I think Lickylicky and Tangrowth were... Uhmm... Unnecessary evolutions. Yes, their stats went up, but did it significantly? They were also just enlarged versions of their pre-evo's. One might say that Magnezone looks like Magneton also, but hey. At least, Magnezone can do way more than Magneton.

Electivire and Magmortar were just plain awesome. And so is Porygon 2/Z.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • 1328575858950.jpg

Happy Birthday, Mewtwo... Sad that it has to coincide with Munich Air Disaster. :(

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I think it would be interesting to get an evolution for Farfetch'd. Not too sure how great it would be, but yeah, interesting. I agree with Lickilicky and Tangrowth being pointless evolutions. They look way too similar to Lickitung and Tangela. I mean, come on, why? :/
    Also, Rhyperior. Its stats are not much better than Rhydon's. Pointless.

I demand a dragon type Eevee.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I forgot about the rhino. Yes, I agree with you that Rhyperior is a fail copy of rhydon. I could not see anything that has improved upon evolution.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I forgot about the rhino. Yes, I agree with you that Rhyperior is a fail copy of rhydon. I could not see anything that has improved upon evolution.
    The shiny form of Rhyperior looks awesome at least so I guess it was not too bad in term of appearance.

lewieboy124

Also, Rhyperior. Its stats are not much better than Rhydon's. Pointless.
    When you put it like that, you are absolutely correct Remorse.
    Here's another pointless evolution. Magneton looks very awesome so why would you have it evolve into this pokemon called Magnezone....
    082Magneton.png

Magneton
    462Magnezone.png

Magnezone

It looks atrocious, what do you guys think?

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    When you put it like that, you are absolutely correct Remorse.
    Here's another pointless evolution. Magneton looks very awesome so why would you have it evolve into this pokemon called Magnezone....
    082Magneton.png

Magneton
    462Magnezone.png

Magnezone

It looks atrocious, what do you guys think?
    The looks to Magnezone does throw me off a bit but in terms of competitive/battle-wise, it can tear you up. Magnezone isn't a failure, I mean it can be used in Uber Tier perfectly well when used correctly.

But it's no Porygon-Z! Porygon-Z can have a 160 & 300 Base Powers of Tri Attack & Hyper Beam! So I give these two top 2 from Kanto-Sinnoh Evolutions

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Alright, I've updated everything, including userbar and recurring member points.

Lewie, I agree there. I also think Magneton's stats were good enough as they were; they didn't need to be brought up. I think the only benefit to adding Magnezone is that now we can use Magneton with Eviolite to make it less frail. Speaking of Eviolite, the same applies to Rhydon. Rhyperior's base attack and defense are only 10 points each higher than Rhydon's. Thus, Eviolite Rhydon has become incredibly common. I think that's about the only benefit to Rhyperior.

lewieboy124

Can I use my points to have the partner pokemon charizard by my name? I really like him!
    006Charizard.png

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Looking up to the sky, oh wait, it's Aerodactyl! He has Ash!

lol that was a good episode.

Anyway I, too, want to relinquish some points to make my Foxy the finest and most beautiful Shiny you can find!

I have an interesting topic in mind if you don't mind if I post it, deoxys121?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back