• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Mallow should definitely get Oranguru.

Great asset to the restaurant by preparing drinks and if she's not going to get a Z-ring just yet, then a team change would be greatly appreciated.

Litten can be Delia's housecat. Rest of the Alolan mons can stay on Melemele.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Mallow should definitely get Oranguru.

Great asset to the restaurant by preparing drinks and if she's not going to get a Z-ring just yet, then a team change would be greatly appreciated.

Litten can be Delia's housecat. Rest of the Alolan mons can stay on Melemele.

If we take Ash's team as it is right now, odds are that Pikachu, Litten and Rowlet will be returning with Ash back to Pallet Town. Pikachu is Ash's starter, hence is a no brainer. Litten will be Delia's new house companion(hence I agree with you on that), while Rowlet will be another Flying Pokemon for Professor Oak to take care of(and perhaps study being its from the Alola region).

As for Balto(aka Lycanroc), I see Balto, as much as it pains me to say this, being released much in the manner Greninja was back in Kalos. Greninja was special due to the bond phenomenon and Balto is special due to its unique Dusk form. Being unique basically signals that he will be released in order to do something, say hunting down Ultrabeasts? I could be completely wrong as Lusamine hasn't even been introduced yet.

As for Mallow catching Oranguru, we shall see. I thought she was going to catch a Fomantis being that its a Grass type but Oranguru is Normal/Psychic(not the Grass type that she specializes in). Granted, past protagonists have caught Pokemon that don't match their specialty(Iris being the one that comes to mind).

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
If we take Ash's team as it is right now, odds are that Pikachu, Litten and Rowlet will be returning with Ash back to Pallet Town. Pikachu is Ash's starter, hence is a no brainer. Litten will be Delia's new house companion(hence I agree with you on that), while Rowlet will be another Flying Pokemon for Professor Oak to take care of(and perhaps study being its from the Alola region).

As for Balto(aka Lycanroc), I see Balto, as much as it pains me to say this, being released much in the manner Greninja was back in Kalos. Greninja was special due to the bond phenomenon and Balto is special due to its unique Dusk form. Being unique basically signals that he will be released in order to do something, say hunting down Ultrabeasts? I could be completely wrong as Lusamine hasn't even been introduced yet.

As for Mallow catching Oranguru, we shall see. I thought she was going to catch a Fomantis being that its a Grass type but Oranguru is Normal/Psychic(not the Grass type that she specializes in). Granted, past protagonists have caught Pokemon that don't match their specialty(Iris being the one that comes to mind).
Ash might as well release his other pokemon then. There is nothing pointing to lycanroc being released. Lycanroc is not greninja. That is fact.

Last edited:
Years

Well, Dusk Lycanroc is a special form that's not obtainable through normal gameplay, very much like Ash-Greninja. So I can see what you mean in that you think Dusk Lycanroc is Ash-Greninja 2.0.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
If not for any Alola water-types, or Greninja...

...then I would like to see Ash get Milotic as his water-type more specifically the same Milotic who hit him in early Sun and Moon

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Milotic doesn't suit Ash. Milotic is made for contests and suits someone like Wallace more. Milotic is an elegant pokemon and Ash is not.

Years
I can agree that Milotic doesn't fit Ash. It's not a 7th Gen Pokemon, which the writers clearly want to focus Ash on.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
If not for any Alola water-types, or Greninja...

...then I would like to see Ash get Milotic as his water-type more specifically the same Milotic who hit him in early Sun and Moon

Milotic is an old Gen Pokemon and he won't be getting old Pokemon in the 7th Gen, the only water type i can see him getting is Dewpider which can move on land, or he won't be getting a water type this time around.

Years
Milotic is an old Gen Pokemon and he won't be getting old Pokemon in the 7th Gen, the only water type i can see him getting is Dewpider which can move on land, or he won't be getting a water type this time around.

Ash tends to catch Water-types that can function on land, and for good reason because if we look at stuff like Misty's Goldeen or any other fish-based Pokemon, they do nothing but flopping around when used on land, which explains why they are always seen battling in water.

^ tbh I'm still hoping for a Water-type Alolan Form to be introduced in USUM that he will get, though

I'm not sure about an Alolan Form, considering that Lillie and Kiawe have already got one each. I think the writers are saving those captures for the companions and not Ash himself since they are still considered old Pokemon and the writers tend to have Ash avoid that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also agree that Milotic doesn't match Ash at all. I am still hoping he gets an Alolan form, but I doubt he will.

I also agree that Ash will probably never catch a fish type pokemon since it can't battle on land. And the only way I think Ash will catch an old pokemon is if it evolves in the next generation. Example: Aipom and Gligar.

Even though Crabrawler is not a water type, it can function as one.

Last edited:
Years
Even though Crabrawler is not a water type, it can function as one.

You are on point since it does learn some Water-type attacks, and you know Ash has caught crustacean-based Pokemon in the past so it's definitely not one to rule out yet. The question is how will Ash even get the Fightinium Z since after he beat Hala, Tapu Koko switched it out for an Electrium Z.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
You are on point since it does learn some Water-type attacks, and you know Ash has caught crustacean-based Pokemon in the past so it's definitely not one to rule out yet. The question is how will Ash even get the Fightinium Z since after he beat Hala, Tapu Koko switched it out for an Electrium Z.

Crabrawler is basically a Fighting variant of Corphish. While its a possibility, I doubt its going to happen and without a Fighting Z-Crystal, odds are further reduced. Plus he has had a Fighting Pokemon the last three regions(Sinnoh: Infernape, Unova: Scraggy, Kalos: Hawlucha). Odds are he likely won't have one this time around and I base what he's going to catch on what Z-Crystals he has and what Crystals he can acquire. Considering Kiawe has Fire and Lana has Water, those two types seem to be off-limits but then Ash has Litten. If Litten fully evolves, it gains the Dark Typing, hence he could potentially get a Dark Z-Crystal for Incineroar from the Totem Pokemon just like Team Rocket did(provided Ash doesn't find a Fire Z-Crystal, in which case Litten could stay as its normal self for the rest of the series).

Unless Ash gets a Water Z-Crystal of his own, Water Pokemon are likely off his radar as well so if Ash completes his team, odds are looking good that he might finally catch a Psychic, Ghost(Haunter doesn't count), Steel or Fairy type this region. With regards to Fairy, I'd put the odds at above average due to Mina while the other type being Ghost with Acerola. Mina and Acerola have yet to be introduced so those are the two types I'd pick for Ash to catch. As for which Pokemon, that I'd have to think long and hard but I'd love Sylveon to be the Fairy type(granted that would mean Ash catching an Eevee for once) while the Ghost type could be Decidueye(odds really low) or another Pokemon like Sableye.

*Edit* I should add though that if Popplio fully evolves, it gains Fairy typing, hence Lana could be the one to gain the Fairy Z-Crystal(food for thought). I also forgot to add that Lillie could be the one to gain the Fairy Z-Crystal due to Snowy gaining the typing when it evolves into Ninetales(but she would need her own Z-Ring first).

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Not one to bump topics but with the revelation that Misty and Brock are returning to the series and Ash is traveling to Kanto, there is the possibility that Ash can utilize past Pokemon to complete his team. If he does that, which Pokemon would you like to see? Also can't ignore the possibility that Ash might leave one of his Alola Pokemon in Kanto(like Litten for example. He has no Fire Z-Crystal, hence can only use Normal Z-Moves with the Fire Cat. Plus Delia might scratch it the right spot to where it doesn't want to leave).

Considering Ash has Electric, Rock, Fire and Grass/Flying, I'd love to see Pidgeot(would act as a Rider Pokemon), and Gible(a Dragon type who deserves some battling experience) since Ash deserves his own Garchomp(and one that Mega Evolves).

Last edited:
Years
Ash giving Litten to Delia? Could be possible if the logic that he's only collecting Z-Crystals that match his team's types is true. The question is, if he brought some of his old Pokemon into the Alola team, the writers will probably botch them up just to try and focus on the Alola Pokemon.

But I guess Ash leaving Litten behind will mean a better chance of Rowlet evolving, since its comedy relief status is making me doubt its chances of evolution.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Crabrawler is basically a Fighting variant of Corphish. While its a possibility, I doubt its going to happen and without a Fighting Z-Crystal, odds are further reduced. Plus he has had a Fighting Pokemon the last three regions(Sinnoh: Infernape, Unova: Scraggy, Kalos: Hawlucha). Odds are he likely won't have one this time around and I base what he's going to catch on what Z-Crystals he has and what Crystals he can acquire. Considering Kiawe has Fire and Lana has Water, those two types seem to be off-limits but then Ash has Litten. If Litten fully evolves, it gains the Dark Typing, hence he could potentially get a Dark Z-Crystal for Incineroar from the Totem Pokemon just like Team Rocket did(provided Ash doesn't find a Fire Z-Crystal, in which case Litten could stay as its normal self for the rest of the series).

Unless Ash gets a Water Z-Crystal of his own, Water Pokemon are likely off his radar as well so if Ash completes his team, odds are looking good that he might finally catch a Psychic, Ghost(Haunter doesn't count), Steel or Fairy type this region. With regards to Fairy, I'd put the odds at above average due to Mina while the other type being Ghost with Acerola. Mina and Acerola have yet to be introduced so those are the two types I'd pick for Ash to catch. As for which Pokemon, that I'd have to think long and hard but I'd love Sylveon to be the Fairy type(granted that would mean Ash catching an Eevee for once) while the Ghost type could be Decidueye(odds really low) or another Pokemon like Sableye.

*Edit* I should add though that if Popplio fully evolves, it gains Fairy typing, hence Lana could be the one to gain the Fairy Z-Crystal(food for thought). I also forgot to add that Lillie could be the one to gain the Fairy Z-Crystal due to Snowy gaining the typing when it evolves into Ninetales(but she would need her own Z-Ring first).

Crabrawler is still an option for Ash to capture, since it can used water type moves.

Years
So, I think Litten probably may not evolve since I found out that Incineroar is the least liked fully-evolved Alola starter in Japan. Which means better chance of Rowlet fully evolving and breaking the comedy relief curse, while Litten either doesn't evolve or only makes it to Torracat.

But then, since Ash did appear on the Incineroar page of the leaked art of the fully-evolved Alola starters which may imply Litten will fully evolve, and Rowlet gets cursed to not evolve like the other comedy relief Pokemon such Totodile, Corphish and Oshawott before it.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Ash won't give litten away. He has plenty of time to train both it and Rowlet. Also off screen training counts even if some fans prefer on screen training.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Ash will most likely keep Litten on his Alola team and he will not give him away. But he needs to capture at least two more Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ash will also likely catch a Fighting time pokemon soon to counter Nanu. Ash tends to get a pokemon of the same type, a pokemon strong against a leader's type. Or a pokemon at a disadvantage. This isn't always they case, but most of the time it is.

Currently he doesn't have a Psychic or Ghost type weak against dark. He doesn't have a dark type yet. And he doesn't have a Fairy, Fighting or Bug Type.

We have also yet to see a Passimian.... At least I don't recall. He also tends to catch a fighting type pokemon as I have said before with

Primape, Heracross, Infernape, Pignite, Scraggy, and Hawlucha. Hoenn being the only one not following suite.

Passimian would just be used as a fighting type. But Crabrawler can be used as a Fighting, Water and Ice type. But if you hopes to evolve it, he needs to catch a Crawbrawler soon. Maybe he will before the end of the season. because I have a feeling they may spend a lot of time on Big Island.

Last edited:
Back