• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Samsung Note7 rising from the ashes?

Guest123_x1

It probably will need a rebranding at a minimum, but guess this is probably to be expected given e-waste is a real issue and the other high-end components shouldn't just end up going to the bin.
I don't know what could come out of this other than Samsung is bowing down to those that were so loyal/attached to their Note 7 devices that they were eventually forced to turn in.

Time will tell how how this will all go...

Guest123_x1

The longer this Note 7 circus goes on, the more of a chance somebody will write a book detailing the designed-in dangers of global electronic devices with a similar concept to Ralph Nader's Unsafe At Any Speed.

Years
Seriously Samsung? If you try and resell those Note 7s and they explode again, you'll be copping a real beating from your own customers.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Knowing the reputation of the Note 7, I'd still tell people to get the Note 5 simply because they have a less risk of "exploding" lol.

And I still wouldn't trust refurbished devices either, they have a shorter lifespan than new/unused devices.

Years
I really do not even know what Samsung is thinking. Unless they found the problem and fixed it (which I highly doubt), then they are idiots to even make this possible.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If Samsung is really serious on bringing Note 7 back, I think it's possibly that they wanted to bring back the good reputation of Samsung brands back again (notably on Note series after the debacle back then). If so, Samsung should be careful and not getting slip up again, considering this might become all-or-nothing deal.

So let's hope the best if Samsung decided to re-release Note 7 again, hopefully the refurbished edition will work well without any explosions or whatsoever.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Am I the only one who found the title to be punny and chuckled a little? ^-^ haha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
I remember reading an article about the new S8 and Samsung showed them their "new" battery testing apparatus which was a load of un-exploded Note 7s being repurposed. I guess they just had so many they want to get rid of them?

This really shouldn't be allowed though - the second the supposedly "safe" ones are out in the open, those morons who never handed them in in the first place are going to start demanding to take them on planes etc. and the poor people who are forced to be in close proximity to them are going to be hurt when they do eventually explode.

Back