• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The Anime Contract Challenge ??? ?? ???

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Almost done with Shinsekai Yori, it seems. Still satisfied! Looking forward on watching more, possibly the rest this weekend. ^^

Years
  • Not done yet with Toradora. ;w; But I'm watching right now and taking it upon myself to (hopefully) finish by the weekend. If it were a 12-13 episode series I'd be done by now, but it's the old standard length at 25 eps. Gettin' there.

edit: oh my god can I just say I love taiga and she is adorable

Last edited:

doge

???
    Years
  • So I was recommended Bus Gamer by xcv. It's a short series, three episodes around the typical 20 minutes per, and it's based off a manga series that was left unfinished. Even though it's a short series, I wouldn't recommend it to others because I don't think investing 60 or so minutes is worth the whole inconclusive issue with it. Few parts of the series, if any, have a resolution or even an explanation, probably due to how abruptly the manga was canceled. That being said, I did find it interesting, although mostly out of curiosity since the plot felt like it was meant to be ambitious. Also, I found some of the action scenes pretty comical, even if they weren't intended to be, so that's kind of a plus.

Years
  • I would 100% recommend Katanagatari to anyone. It's a really interesting story with great characters and fun action sequences although for the most part the focus is on the story itself not the action involved. I will say though that it does have some issues. The narrator will on occasion spoil what happens in the next chapter, one of the most hyped fights is skipped over which is meant to be funny but is just annoying and the episodes often feel longer than they need to be. It's a great series though and those flaws don't hurt it as much as you'd think.

Years
  • Oh boy it's finally time!!

I want to start this off by saying I'm shocked I hadn't watched this series earlier. I developed an attachment to Taiga immediately and watching her brash/embarrassed personality communicate with Ryuuji's carefree nature was so amusing and so adorable. Up until this point, I had never cared about a pair of characters to this extent.

Watching these two develop their personalities as they helped each other out and got close was cute, suspenseful, and extremely satisfying. Every episode brought either new hilarity or some powerful emotional development (especially the swimming pool episode hahaha, that was one of my highlights). I always enjoy slice-of-life anime with romance mixed in, but this was one of the few times I actually cared about pairings and ships as much as I did, other time being for Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

tumblr_mwsyifp2nk1qztgoio1_500.gif

She's so cute.

Gotta thank SirBoglor for finally helping me get off my butt and watch Toradora. I'm very satisfied. It earns a solid 11/10. ;p

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Gotta thank SirBoglor for finally helping me get off my butt and watch Toradora. I'm very satisfied. It earns a solid 11/10. ;p

No problem, I'm glad that you liked it as much as I did!

Now, it's my turn.
    220px-Gatchman_Crowds_promotional_image.jpg

I'm not going to lie. When I watched the first episode, I wan't much of a fan. Hajime seemed annoying, and I didn't think much of the plot either. It's amazing how much that changed for me as the story progressed. All of the characters, especially Hajime and Rui, are just wonderful. I grew an attachment to every single one of the Gatchaman, which is a great feat. And the plot of Galax and the CROWDS is very intriguing. Questions like, "how far should technology be allowed to go?" are great ones to think about. Plus, Katse was one of those rare love-to-hate villains, which was a treat.

Overall, I'm very glad that I watched this, and would gladly recommend it to anyone else. Thanks for showing this to me, Sheep!

Years
  • I can't really say anything about FLCL than I haven't already before. I love it more every time I watch it. Fun character, fun visuals, fun music, fun aesthetic. Naota seemed to find the fact that grown women and older girls like to inappropriately touch little boys pretty fun.

Of course I'm in next round too.

Years
  • I really can't say much about Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal because I simply didn't have time to watch it.

I saw the first episode and it gave off standard younger shonen vibes that I've seen in more recent shows, though. Which, while meaning I find it watchable, doesn't mean I find it to make for spectacular viewing.

Back