• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: All About Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • One of my favorite parts of the Pokémon games is the joy of finally catching that shiny. That's how I got the idea of an article about Shiny Pokémon.

The article will start off with some of the basic info about shinies. I will then go on to discuss the certain methods of catching Shiny Pokémon in the games. After that, I will discuss Shiny Pokémon in the anime as well as in the TCG. (Since I don't read the manga, I'm not sure if I should talk about shinies in the manga.) Finally, I will end the article off telling readers to discuss their most memorable moments with Shiny Pokémon in the comments.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sounds good to me. Will you also be covering the value for determining shinies in gen 2, compared to determining shinies in gen 3 and beyond? I think that would be a good idea to include, especially in a section regarding the first implementations of shinies (in gen 2) and how their determination system made it possible for gen 1 Pokémon sent through the Time Capsule to end up shiny.

Maybe not as relevant and therefore not a necessity for you to include could be a section about how nicknamed Pokémon in Stadium 1 and 2 would change their color palette, but still weren't considered shiny. Just kinda fun facts about shininess and "fake shininess" within gen 2 (and gen 1 to a lesser extent).

Years
  • Sounds good to me. Will you also be covering the value for determining shinies in gen 2, compared to determining shinies in gen 3 and beyond? I think that would be a good idea to include, especially in a section regarding the first implementations of shinies (in gen 2) and how their determination system made it possible for gen 1 Pokémon sent through the Time Capsule to end up shiny.

Maybe not as relevant and therefore not a necessity for you to include could be a section about how nicknamed Pokémon in Stadium 1 and 2 would change their color palette, but still weren't considered shiny. Just kinda fun facts about shininess and "fake shininess" within gen 2 (and gen 1 to a lesser extent).

Yes, I will be sure to include that information in the article. The Gen 2 vs Gen 3 and beyond determination method was a fact I was already planning to include. I'll think about adding something about the Stadium shininess glitch, but I'm not too sure if it's that important to include. I'll probably end up adding it, though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yes, I will be sure to include that information in the article. The Gen 2 vs Gen 3 and beyond determination method was a fact I was already planning to include. I'll think about adding something about the Stadium shininess glitch, but I'm not too sure if it's that important to include. I'll probably end up adding it, though.

The Stadium recolors would likely come down to how you can incorporate the section into the more necessary parts of the article. Either way, you have my support for this!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    This sounds like a good idea. I always have trouble when it comes to shinies, even in gen 6, so this would be very nice :)

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I'm all for this, my knowledge on the topic is pretty limited so I'd give it a read.
    I actually had really good luck with shinies in Generation 2, and had 2 of them before I new what shiny pokemon were, or how rare they were. (before later catching the red gyardos) They were Sudowoodo and Noctowl, I actually learnt about shinies and looked into what they were when shiny Noctowl showed up in the Anime, and I was like, "Hey, that looks like my noctowl"

Years
  • Just an FYI: BobandBill already claimed elsewhere that he wanted to do something like this, so you might want to speak to him first :)

That's a similar idea, but bobandbill's idea was just about the chances of finding a shiny in the games. My article would include shinies in the anime and TCG, as well as facts that some people might not know. I'll speak to him about it though.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That's a similar idea, but bobandbill's idea was just about the chances of finding a shiny in the games. My article would include shinies in the anime and TCG, as well as facts that some people might not know. I'll speak to him about it though.
    Yeah, I agree that while there is similarity, I feel I can make my article distinct enough from this article. I'll be talking about the chances of getting shiny Pokemon firstly in basic cases (quick recap - and hey, I can refer to this article as well), and along with that Pokerus, perfect IVs and combinations of all those, rather than discussing just shiny Pokemon in general.

So if you, Far Way, discuss shiny Pokemon throughout the generations (so 2nd-6th) with as you mentioned the basic info about them and methods for capturing them, as well as the anime and TCG (that sounds like a neat direction to take it actually), I'm fine with that.

Ought to be some mention of the real-life comparison (albino animals) imo in the article on that note.

Years
  • Yeah, I agree that while there is similarity, I feel I can make my article distinct enough from this article. I'll be talking about the chances of getting shiny Pokemon firstly in basic cases (quick recap - and hey, I can refer to this article as well), and along with that Pokerus, perfect IVs and combinations of all those, rather than discussing just shiny Pokemon in general.

So if you, Far Way, discuss shiny Pokemon throughout the generations (so 2nd-6th) with as you mentioned the basic info about them and methods for capturing them, as well as the anime and TCG (that sounds like a neat direction to take it actually), I'm fine with that.

Ought to be some mention of the real-life comparison (albino animals) imo in the article on that note.

Yeah, I'll most likely mention how albinism in animals is similar to shininess in Pokemon. That seems like a good comparison, actually.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    This sounds good to me! Especially the part about discussing the appearance of shiny Pokemon in the TCG.

I'll greenlight this for you so you can get started.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've copied your last post into a separate thread in the Editor's Workshop subsection as well, so you can post your draft there (unless you want everyone besides Daily staff to view the draft here instead!).

Back