• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Euro Championships

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • These started yesterday! And I'm actually in a time zone to watch a bunch of matches! Sorry, Sheep, but I've got matches to stream.

Who's watching, and what teams do you predict will do well/win?

Years
  • I've watched every one since I was a kid, but I honestly think I'll skip this year.

I usually support Germany. It can be a bit awkward walking around in a Germany shirt here in the UK... 😅

Years
  • I'll be watching my own country till we get beaten (not expecting us to get far tbh). After that idk. Usually Germany or Spain or Italy. Whichever of these plays best.

Years
  • I like to watch these. I like national teams competitions better than club ones. I support my country (Spain) and I also like Italy. I think France or Belgium will win though.

What happened today to Erikssen in Denmark's game was fucking scary. Luckily he seems to be ok now. I was fearing the worst to be honest

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think France are one of the favourites to win. Such a stacked squad...

I'll follow POland of course, but not optimistic about either. Lots of great talent but the team play hasn't been that great.
    I like to watch these. I like national teams competitions better than club ones. I support my country (Spain) and I also like Italy. I think France or Belgium will win though.

What happened today to Erikssen in Denmark's game was fucking scary. Luckily he seems to be ok now. I was fearing the worst to be honest
    Yeah, that was a shock to read about. Glad he's in a stable condition.

Years
  • What happened today to Erikssen in Denmark's game was fucking scary. Luckily he seems to be ok now. I was fearing the worst to be honest

That is absolutely terrifying 😱

I'm glad he's stable and keeping my fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Looking at the lineups themselves, France is just scary... but with a group with Germany and Portugal anything can happen.

I personally hope for Germany or Belgium to win, given our coach I have 0 hope for my country to win the Euros. Which is a shame since we do have a solid lineup after all.

About Eriksen, that was actually terrifying to watch, can't imagine what the players on the pitch must feel when that happened. Thank god he's in a stable condition now.

Years
  • Got curious about all these 'Eriksen' mentions so googled it (missed this match since I usually don't watch all the matches in the group phase).
    Sounds horrible. Hope he recovers soon & full.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Group F is absolutely crazy right now after these games. The tie between Hungary and France and now Germany kinda battering Portugal opens the group wide open.

Given how often the Dutch media speaks that the #3 of this group gets matched against the Netherlands I'd shit my pants if I believed in us doing well.
    But I did not expect Portugal to be so weak against Germany... that was a real shocker they just seemed to have no answer to the wingers constantly being a threat.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Being Spanish is making me dislike football. It's not easy psyching up to watch your team when you know that every other team we play against is going to lock in 10 guys inside the penalty area to punt balls away for an aggregate total of 80 minutes and hope that the 11th guy can sneak a counter at some point.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Being Spanish is making me dislike football. It's not easy psyching up to watch your team when you know that every other team we play against is going to lock in 10 guys inside the penalty area to punt balls away for an aggregate total of 80 minutes and hope that the 11th guy can sneak a counter at some point.
    To be fair, it seems to work. =p It wouldn't if you could convert penalties or other good chances, but...

Surprised still Poland got a point, and doesn't actually follow the usual pattern of Opening match, Match for everything, Match for honour. Now the third game means something! But they still don't look convincing by any means.

Watched the Denmark v Russia match yesterday, that was entertaining. Looked worrying for Denmark with the pen and news Belgium's goal was ruled out in the same minute at one point, but they ran over Russia in the end pretty convincingly.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I don't know my Euro goal history that well, but I'm going to go with yes. :v

Poland failed in the end, not too surprised. Lewa nearly dragged them there though!

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Slovakian keeper palmuing a ball that was going out inside his own goal, as if he were playing volleyball.

He was just showing Morata how to score, what a lad.

also is it just me or is this bracket so Dutch favored... Czech Republic then either Denmark or Wales to end up with either Germany or England in the semis.

The other side looks far more stacked

Years
  • Croatia vs Spain has been the most entertaining game of the tournament. Luckily, it ended well for us.

Years
  • France vs Switzerland was amusing. When I started watching France was ahead 3-1. Switzerland tied it, game went into penalties and France got yeeted because their last shot got blocked ^.^
    I've disliked France in Football ever since Zidane tbf.

Back