• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I haven't really thought about it, but I would like to see these ones have megad:

Sceptile
    Swampert
    Linoone/mightyenna
    Swellow or Pelliper
    Slaking
    Shiftree
    Ludicolo
    Flygon
    Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza (even though forms woul be fine)
    Metagross (?)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I haven't really thought about it, but I would like to see these ones have megad:

Sceptile
    Swampert
    Linoone/mightyenna
    Swellow or Pelliper
    Slaking
    Shiftree
    Ludicolo
    Flygon
    Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza (even though forms woul be fine)
    Metagross (?)
    If Metagross has a Mega so should Salamence. Perhaps it'll have Moxie.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I definitely think we will see new Megas. There's really no reason not to have new ones, since they're one of the biggest additions from XY.

Blaziken being the only gen 3 starter with a Mega is...unfair, quite honestly. I expect to see Sceptile and Swampert get their own Megas.

On that note, since you received gen 1 starters in XY with Megas, and you could receive a Johto starter in Emerald, I'm hoping for you to somehow get Johto starters early on and for them to receive some Megas, too.

I am of the group who believes that the Groudon and Kyogre we see on the boxart are Megas, but only time will tell.

And I really want Mega Metagross.
    Assuming Steven is the Champion again (oh, Arceus, please!!) there is no reason for his star Pokémon to not receive a Mega. And in the original games, he gave the player a Beldum--perhaps this time the Beldum can be holding a Metagrossite, reflecting the Ralts that Diantha trades to the player in XY?

There are lots more that I'd like in addition to these, but they are the main ones I can see for the time being. As for them being compatible with XY, they could keep them ORAS-onward (similar to Sky Forme Shaymin being exclusive to Platinum-onward), or they could release a downloadable update for XY. It is certainly a possibility.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega Plusle and Minun?!?! Jynx too? :D (Makes up for her not having a 2nd Evo...)

I'm very excited for their mega-evolution, but personally would've liked to see second stage evolution before went towards that route. :( Oh well, not really big deal; still looking forward to them! Also, if they're giving a mega form to Sceptile, I think Swampert should get one, too; if it did and gotten boost in defenses and whatnot, I could imagine it to turn into a major staller, haha.

Years
  • Mega Plusle & Minun, gg no re.
    They really deserve Mega Evolutions, add a few more, and we have enough.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'm very excited for their mega-evolution, but personally would've liked to see second stage evolution before went towards that route. :( Oh well, not really big deal; still looking forward to them! Also, if they're giving a mega form to Sceptile, I think Swampert should get one, too; if it did and gotten boost in defenses and whatnot, I could imagine it to turn into a major staller, haha.

Didn't they leek out a mega Swampert someewhere...?

All the same, I'd be steamed if they don't add megas for Sceptile and Swampert, since Blaziken has many reasons to be awesome already. Perhaps they could give better defenses, as you suggested, and combined with the Physical/Special split, they could really make a force of the starters in the games.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • What if Mega Pokemon are only exclusive to Pokemon X and Y? o:

Didn't they leek out a mega Swampert someewhere...?

All the same, I'd be steamed if they don't add megas for Sceptile and Swampert, since Blaziken has many reasons to be awesome already. Perhaps they could give better defenses, as you suggested, and combined with the Physical/Special split, they could really make a force of the starters in the games.

Wait. They leaked Mega Swampert?

I'd like to see a picture.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What if Mega Pokemon are only exclusive to Pokemon X and Y? o:

That's...tricky.

To introduce a feature that is actually part of the gameplay and remove it is...not a good idea. It messes with the competitive metagame even more, and it basically removes Pokémon that they have introduced. That's like saying, "the new evolutions introduced in gen 4 are exclusive to DPP." Consistency is gone, and people won't be happy to see actual Pokémon (and their forms) be completely removed.

Sugimori even mentioned in an interview (I read it on Siliconera, but I don't remember the original source) that they cannot remove existing Pokémon from the games. I think that goes without saying, but it needs to be understood that Mega forms are their own kind of Pokémon, too.

Also, after all the time and effort it took to design, model, and balance the Megas, it would be horrible to just never use them again. I doubt Game Freak would do that to themselves.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Mega Evolutions definitely have to be included. I mean, if you had a wi-fi battle with someone playing X/Y and they used Mega Kangaskhan, but you couldn't use ANY Megas, that's a bit unfair.

If they added more, that's fine by me. Just give me Mega Sceptile and Swampert and maybe few more here and there and I'll be good for the rest of the game. Just don't give the stones too early..maybe like 6th/7th gym?

Years
  • I would surely imagine there'd be at least a few Mega Evolutions these would introduce. There are some Hoenn Pokémon that I think could use them well (Blaziken gets one but Sceptile and Swampert don't? Not cool).

But the question is (and i'm not looking through three pages to see if this was already asked), if there are new ones introduced, will they be tradable/usable in XY? I'd imagine you could battle against other XY games with them...

Years
  • Really?

Do you think they'll make megas for the Regis too? It could give those 3/4 something to stick out from the other trios like them. I hate it how people call(ed?) them the trash heap trio...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Really?

Do you think they'll make megas for the Regis too? It could give those 3/4 something to stick out from the other trios like them. I hate it how people call(ed?) them the trash heap trio...
    Doubt it, unless the Regis are given prominent roles in the story somehow. It'd be nice to see an actual post-game plot point made out of introducing Regigigas and awakening the Regis and involving some Mega Evolutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Really?

I can't say how likely it would be, but by gosh I want a Mega Regigigas! It doesn't deserve such a horrid Ability. Perhaps if the Regis' caverns get upgraded, they could add a bit of extra content involving them and Regigigas (and perhaps a Mega Evolution), but again, it's way too early to know one way or the other. It's basically 50-50 at this point.

Years
  • I also doubt they'll remove them. At one point they'll going to have to appear, wether it's post game or in the main story doesn't matter.

Doubt it, unless the Regis are given prominent roles in the story somehow. It'd be nice to see an actual post-game plot point made out of introducing Regigigas and awakening the Regis and involving some Mega Evolutions.

They did give the Latis Megas, so it's possible.
    Mega Regirock could have Sandstream, Registeel can have Technician, Regigigas could have Normalize, and Regice Snow warning (was that that ability's name?).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I can't say how likely it would be, but by gosh I want a Mega Regigigas! It doesn't deserve such a horrid Ability. Perhaps if the Regis' caverns get upgraded, they could add a bit of extra content involving them and Regigigas (and perhaps a Mega Evolution), but again, it's way too early to know one way or the other. It's basically 50-50 at this point.

Mega Regigigas is a really cool idea, and I guess an ability like Clear Body or Sturdy would do fine, because let's not push it, we just want to get rid of a horrid ability. I don't see why the Regis would not do well with mega stones, but if they did add them, perhaps if we got all three mega stones we would get the fourth one?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Mega Evolutions of Sceptile, Swampert, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza don't even exist in the coding of Pokémon X and Y. This can be proven by using a 3DS save editor code with the offset of where the items are saved, hex value of the item slot and the hex value of the item you'd wish to use to replace the item in that slot. You'll find there's no Sceptilite, Swampertite, Groudonite, Kyogrite or Rayquazite in there. However, that doesn't rule out that there won't be any new mega evolutions in the game. It's definitely possible, even without requiring a patch to X and Y. Pokémon with new mega evolutions battling in a game that doesn't have the models of those mega evolutions can still appear in battle in their regular forme, rather than mega evolution forme. Just like as it was with Black Kyurem in Pokémon Black Version 2 battling against a player playing Pokémon Black Version, or even Giratina's Origin forme in Pokémon Platinum Version against a player playing Pokémon Diamond Version.

Years
  • Mega Evolutions of Sceptile, Swampert, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza don't even exist in the coding of Pokémon X and Y. This can be proven by using a 3DS save editor code with the offset of where the items are saved, hex value of the item slot and the hex value of the item you'd wish to use to replace the item in that slot. You'll find there's no Sceptilite, Swampertite, Groudonite, Kyogrite or Rayquazite in there. However, that doesn't rule out that there won't be any new mega evolutions in the game. It's definitely possible, even without requiring a patch to X and Y. Pokémon with new mega evolutions battling in a game that doesn't have the models of those mega evolutions can still appear in battle in their regular forme, rather than mega evolution forme. Just like as it was with Black Kyurem in Pokémon Black Version 2 battling against a player playing Pokémon Black Version, or even Giratina's Origin forme in Pokémon Platinum Version against a player playing Pokémon Diamond Version.

You're right about the Kyurem formes. However Giratina Origin forme wasn't allowed to be used irc as they forced one to remove the Grisious orb.

I wonder if they'll use a Mega Ring as the item the player has. There are other Mega items other than the Ring according to Korrina's grandfather. The Mega Charm (the necklace) around Diantha is an example of one. I would prefer a charm like Diantha's over a bracelet (why is it even called Ring...it should be Mega Bracelet).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back