• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] *~The Plushie Federation~*

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Everyone loves plushies, right? Well, let us share our love for them by discussing them! :3

89157e9da9e256d33426e03af1da008c2b9c6b6a_hq.gif

*~Rules~*

1. Be nice! Don't bully others for their likeness of plushies. We are all here to have fun, okay? <3
    2. Respect PC rules. This one is kind of a given one.

More rules soon~

*~Questions~*

1. What are some of your favorite plushies you own?
    2. How many plushies do you think you own?
    3. Do you sleep with your plush(ies)?

*~Members~*

1. shut your what
    2. CodeHelmet
    3. Fairy
    4. Hoshiko
    5. LadyJirachu
    6. VisionofMilotic
    7. Juno​

Spoiler:

Updated my questions.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I've only really ever owned one plushie or stuffed animal. Its sadly been retired after decades of abuse having lost both ears and coming apart at the seams despite undergoing numerous repairs. I received it when I was only 18 months old so to say it was difficult letting it go was an understatement. Having seen this club inspired me to go look it up and I literally found a picture of it.

Spoiler:

Now I'm going to go sob in a corner because I literally miss it now.

Figure I'd add some interesting backstory and what not to do if you ever become parents. This "Puppy Dog" as I called it when I was very young was made by Gund, a company that is still in business today. The one I cherished as a child wasn't the first one but the second one I received. What happened to the first one you ask? What happens to a cup of coffee or soda when left on top of a car roof? Answer: It flies off never to be seen again. My parents were putting me in the car and specifically my car seat but to do it meant separating me from my cherished stuffed animal. So they stuck it on the roof of the car but forgot it was up there. They wondered why I was crying so much when it suddenly hit them that they forgot "Puppy Dog" on the roof. Unfortunately it was too late as they couldn't locate it and were forced to run out and find a replacement just to get me to stop crying because I was going virtually non-stop lol.

I only let it go a few years ago and now reminiscing about it is causing sentimental feelings to surface. Anyways, what about the rest of you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I would like to join please!

I have a giant Sleeping Sylveon plush that I got from the Nintendo Store for really cheap when Went came to visit! It's one of my favorite pieces and the thing is gigantic lol. Every year at comic con I buy an Alpacasso too, and those are always great! My latest favorite plush is my first edition Lucas the Spider! :3 It has a voice box but it's so messed up it sounds like the souls of the damned are escaping from his butt and I love it so much.
    Conservatively? Like maybe 150. I've got at least 40 in eyeshot right now.
    Of course! Well, actually, more like I own so many that some of them have a spot on the bed. Right now I've got my palico plush and a Kirby here.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • did someone say a stuffie club??? i'll gladly join!!

1. What are some of your favorite plushies you own? i love my tempest shadow and my mimikyu stuffie!! they're both gifts from my boyfriend :3 i also love my ty beanie baby skye stuffie!
    2. How many plushies do you think you own? too many to count.
    3. Do you sleep with your plush(ies)? mhm!! i sleep with my tempest shadow and my mimikyu stuffie by my side!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I would like to join please!

I have a giant Sleeping Sylveon plush that I got from the Nintendo Store for really cheap when Went came to visit! It's one of my favorite pieces and the thing is gigantic lol. Every year at comic con I buy an Alpacasso too, and those are always great! My latest favorite plush is my first edition Lucas the Spider! :3 It has a voice box but it's so messed up it sounds like the souls of the damned are escaping from his butt and I love it so much.
    Of course! Well, actually, more like I own so many that some of them have a spot on the bed. Right now I've got my palico plush and a Kirby here.

I've seen the Sylveon ears but I don't believe you've showcased that giant sleeping Sylveon. Not that I want to say the obvious but after weeks of not so subtly pining for it, where are the pictures showcasing your giant collection?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I'll join ^_^ I got quite a few adorable plushies I really love a lot. Snuggling is one of my favorite things to do with these types of toys :)

1. What are some of your favorite plushies you own? I really like my jigglypuff plushie a lot (she's one of few pokemon plushies i have and she's piiiiink :3). I also love this giant teddy bear that an irl friend gave me around valentines day^^ i just hope she didn't have to spend too much on it....
    2. How many plushies do you think you own? Around 40-ish, probably? xD;
    3. Do you sleep with your plush(ies)? Yes, I sleep with jigglypuff and my giant teddy^^

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I would like to join please!

JEALOUS. I love Lucas! He's so adorable. <3 He's the only little spider I tolerate.

I haven't been getting any new plushies lately tbh. I did forget to mention my Patamon plushie in my first post!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

This is really hard since I own a lot of them! Been collecting since I was a kid, and I just never stopped. I have a Build-A-Bear from when I was maybe 7-8, and I used to take her everywhere, dress her up (she probably had more clothes than some people, haha), and she's permanently retired from travelling with me now but I keep her on my bed still, in her purple silk pajamas.

I also have a pretty large Totoro plush that my mom actually made for me as a gift one year! I'll try to take a picture of it later, it's really pretty awesome since she made it herself.

Not even gonna try to count, definitely 100+

I don't ever really hold any while I sleep, but I do keep a lot of them on my bed.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • 1. What are some of your favorite plushies you own?

This is really hard since I own a lot of them! Been collecting since I was a kid, and I just never stopped. I have a Build-A-Bear from when I was maybe 7-8, and I used to take her everywhere, dress her up (she probably had more clothes than some people, haha), and she's permanently retired from travelling with me now but I keep her on my bed still, in her purple silk pajamas.

I also have a pretty large Totoro plush that my mom actually made for me as a gift one year! I'll try to take a picture of it later, it's really pretty awesome since she made it herself.

Not even gonna try to count, definitely 100+

I don't ever really hold any while I sleep, but I do keep a lot of them on my bed.

Totoro huh? I can think of a cartoon character that has one prominently in her bedroom. Too bad you aren't Japanese or I'd really be freaked out by coincidence. 100+ plushies though. Curious if you or [user]Fairy[/user] has more.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Totoro huh? I can think of a cartoon character that has one prominently in her bedroom. Too bad you aren't Japanese or I'd really be freaked out by coincidence. 100+ plushies though. Curious if you or [user]Fairy[/user] has more.
    He sits right in front of my mirror (not tall enough to block the view, but yeah)! Forgot to take a photo of him last night haha, will do when I go home tonight.

And that would be counting all the ones I've collected throughout my lifetime :P My mom also really loves plushies, so I'm sure a lot of them she bought "for me" when I was little was also because she liked them, lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    JEALOUS. I love Lucas! He's so adorable. <3 He's the only little spider I tolerate.

I haven't been getting any new plushies lately tbh. I did forget to mention my Patamon plushie in my first post!

And the Lucas plush is such good quality too! I definitely recommend getting one. It's seriously adorable!

I also haven't been getting many plushies lately, but I've got my eye on a ditto-faced Sylveon. Just waiting for the price to drop lol.

Years
  • Wanted to give this cute club a bump.

I was wondering if crochet/amigurumi could also be discussed here, or is this too different from plushies to fit the topic? I'm beginning to fall in love with those. On my birthday I stumbled into an art store lost and bought myself a cute piglet crochet I happened upon. Then I saw this Mimikyu one in this Etsy shop that I really want to buy.

Years
  • Okay, I'll take the plunge and formally join if we are still open for business. I got inspired to post here because I received unexpectedly a plushie from the World Wildlife Fund in the mail yesterday. It was a cute beanie baby-like tiger this organization sent me because I had donated to their tiger conservation efforts during Christmas time. This is called a symbolic adoption, you help an animal and they send you a plushie of that animal and/or photographs of them, a certificate and other literature. I have sponsored animals before, but kinda forgot I had done this since it was a few weeks ago. Glad I did, this is touching!

What are some of your favorite plushies you own?

A big plushie Raichu that looks like this
    https://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-PIKACHU-stuffed-Raichu-Banpresto/dp/B00JCA6FF8

Do you sleep with your plush(ies)? How did you know?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Sorry! I'm still alive. Also, if anyone has Instagram... you can actually follow Axel and Kaito's adventures there under axelandkaito as well! Right now, they are both in self-quarantine. I haven't been able to find them much to do indoors. ;w;

Here's my favorite pic of Kaito:

image0.jpg

Have you bought any recent plushies lately?

I can't remember what I bought recently... it's been a while. Most of them are most likely unicorns. XD

Questions update:

1. What are some of your favorite plushies you own? My Axel plushie is one. He was my first anime con plushie at my first anime con. Kaito is also my favorite because he was in a picture taken of me with Troy Baker (my hero) and me. <3

3. Do you sleep with your plush(ies)? I do! Lately, I've been sleeping with Kaito!

Last edited:
    Years
  • My last arrival was in February. The sitting cuties from the pokecenter are so cute. Such an accurate likeness of Vulpix. It's like having some of the mons I used in game here with me. I have my girl Copper at last beside me.

Years
  • hi i luv plushies

I've got a bunch of Pokémon ones that I need to take pics of! Have some somewhere that I'll dig out when I can, harder to retake now since they're in my closet due to room space issues oof. But the PokéDolls are so cute especially, and I'm also a huge fan of Banpresto plushes too. <3

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • hi i luv plushies

I've got a bunch of Pokémon ones that I need to take pics of! Have some somewhere that I'll dig out when I can, harder to retake now since they're in my closet due to room space issues oof. But the PokéDolls are so cute especially, and I'm also a huge fan of Banpresto plushes too. <3

Yeah. Many of mine are lost in various places. I should post my collection of unicorn plushies soon! It's become a bit of a hobby for me to collect them, along with other things related to unicorns as well. I guess that's the joy of being a unicorn disguised as a human. :D

------​

Are there any plushies you've been wanting, but you haven't had a chance to get?

I've always wanted one of Lil Bub since she passed away. :( I already have one of Grumpy Cat... somewhere. It would also be nice to have a cute plushie of Pusheen as a unicorn. OwO

Years
  • Hmmm, a plushie that I would like but haven't gotten around to? Well, I would be a lucky girl to get the Milotic Oceanic Operetta plush. She's often hard to find, usually when I see her for sale it's from a location in Japan, and she's a little pricey.

Here's what she looks like.
    Spoiler:

I was also wondering if anyone had tips for restoring the color of a plush. I have a Raichu plushie who is as dear to me as ever, and I want to hook him up. He is showing signs of wear from all the years of love. I have gently hand washed him with soap and water when he gets dirty, and that gets any stains off of him easily enough, but I would if possible to get his colors really bright again, so he'll be looking his best for Easter!

Here he is today, posing patiently S he awaits away his appointment. He's got a softer look with more yellow and gray.

This photo a few years ago is our goal, that vivid orange.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • I was also wondering if anyone had tips for restoring the color of a plush. I have a Raichu plushie who is as dear to me as ever, and I want to hook him up. He is showing signs of wear from all the years of love. I have gently hand washed him with soap and water when he gets dirty, and that gets any stains off of him easily enough, but I would if possible to get his colors really bright again, so he'll be looking his best for Easter!

Hm... have you tried googling maybe? I usually wash my plushies on delicate, and many of them have never lost color. So, I'm not sure what to suggest in that respect. :( Upon googling now... it seems like the only way would be to dye him, and it would be really tedious having to match his colors, deal with staining him etc etc. D:

Delicate to me... is basically the same as hand washing them. I usually dry them on a normal cycle though because otherwise, the fluff inside will get water logged if they air dry. ><

image0.jpg

Axel has been washed a million times on a delicate wash/normal dry cycle. He's never lost much of his colors... maybe a little bit.

4161f826fdd99976727f0aaaf6385299.jpg

That's what he SHOULD look like.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Just gonna bump this a bit with some new questions... if that's okay Sam? :3

1. What is your childhood plush?
    2. What makes this childhood plush special to you?
    3. Do you still have this particular plushie? If not, what happened to him/her?
    4. What is your favorite memory with this plush (if you remember)?

My answers:

1. What is your childhood plush? My pink Elmo*
    2. What makes this childhood plush special to you? I had him since I was very young, and I would take him everywhere with me.
    3. Do you still have this particular plushie? If not, what happened to him/her? Of course! My mom never got rid of him because he's such an important part of my childhood!
    4. What is your favorite memory with this plush (if you remember)? Trying to "potty train" him and making him sit on the toilet... but he always fell right in. XD

* The reason why he is pink is due to multiple washes. XD

image0.jpg

Back