• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
  • So, from what I gather:

E: 0x5A1738 - 0x0->0xD4 (0->212)
    LG: 0x3F1AE8 - 0x58->0xC4
    R/S: ??/?? - 0x0->0x57

Emerald should started with 0x0 at 0x5A1480 and the entry at 0x5A1738 is 0x58. But I don't know what is 04 0B 01 01 that means:
    Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Ruby: 0x3E73C8

Sapphire: 0x3E7420

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Did you go through the tutorial and do it yourself. That's what I did, and I got it working with this tool as well. Also, let him take his time. He's busy with his real life, or something.

or something....:P

Emerald should started with 0x0 at 0x5A1480 and the entry at 0x5A1738 is 0x58. But I don't know what is 04 0B 01 01 that means:

Ruby: 0x3E73C8

Sapphire: 0x3E7420

Thank you kind sir, this will really help:) I will be sure to credit you.

So guys, I am almost ready. I went to test it today and everything works but one thing. Updating on windows has a serious bug that removes all files from the directory it is in.:/ Once I sort this out, I will update. Thank you all for your patience.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Something interested I noticed. JPAN's routine that lets you skip you naming the rival seems to cause the game to crash if you expand the PokeDex. I tried a fresh FireRed rom with the routine and it works fine, but as soon as I expanded the Dex... nope. Any ideas why? :( (It also might have caused problems with another routine that I inserted since that crashed too but I haven't tried that with a blank ROM yet so it's unverified. :p)

Just bamping this. :3 Just wondering if anyone has a fix/encountered anything similar etc.

Years
  • or something....:P

Thank you kind sir, this will really help:) I will be sure to credit you.

So guys, I am almost ready. I went to test it today and everything works but one thing. Updating on windows has a serious bug that removes all files from the directory it is in.:/ Once I sort this out, I will update. Thank you all for your patience.

You're welcome. Does this release has the feature of adding new evolution methods for Emerald?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2014
    Hi guys,

I downloaded this Suite yesterday and I started hacking FR. Everything was OK until I have edited some habitats and egg moves. After saving the changes I made an error message popped out and the game seems to be corrupted now( I can't edit it with the Suite anymore).

The Suite is asking me now about a recovery system and I proceed when trying to solve the problem but it fails. Is there anything I can do?

The values n the recovery thing are as follows:
    TOTAL number of mons: 412
    Number of Moves: 355
    Number of Items: 375
    Number of Types: 18
    Number of Abilities:78
    Do I need to change any of these? After submitting the error message pops out again with these numbers.

Sorry for bad English and thanks for your help!

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • Hi guys,

I downloaded this Suite yesterday and I started hacking FR. Everything was OK until I have edited some habitats and egg moves. After saving the changes I made an error message popped out and the game seems to be corrupted now( I can't edit it with the Suite anymore).

The Suite is asking me now about a recovery system and I proceed when trying to solve the problem but it fails. Is there anything I can do?

Do I need to change any of these? After submitting the error message pops out again with these numbers.

That was a pre-release, so it wasn't ready for testing yet.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years

Thank you for the update! I'm looking forward to using this amazing tool!

Just to be clear, this tool works for the US version of Fire Red, Sapphire etc., right? The region of ROMs often leaves me clueless.

Keep up the great work! I'll be (impatiently) waiting for the next update! :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    So, my ROM was fine and all working with DollSteak's patch and everything. But then I removed the header for it in the INI (derp) and now the tool won't show anything when I try it, along with some errors like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/be9b3d8d91611875fe089300b0132241.png

Here's an image where it shows nothing:
    https://i.gyazo.com/a2adc0d2e1fe5f1328fef80eacc89b50.png

I went in the INI, and found that it was reading the BPRE offsets, when I changed the header to MrDS in the ROM. Any idea how I can get the offsets to load properly and so the ROM can work? Thanks.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
  • So, my ROM was fine and all working with DollSteak's patch and everything. But then I removed the header for it in the INI (derp) and now the tool won't show anything when I try it, along with some errors like this:

https://i.gyazo.com/be9b3d8d91611875fe089300b0132241.png

Here's an image where it shows nothing:
    https://i.gyazo.com/a2adc0d2e1fe5f1328fef80eacc89b50.png

I went in the INI, and found that it was reading the BPRE offsets, when I changed the header to MrDS in the ROM. Any idea how I can get the offsets to load properly and so the ROM can work? Thanks.

Delete the header for it (again) in the ini like you did the first time, then reload it making sure the code in the rom is MrDS. Unless you expanded pokemon, you shouldn't have an issue.

v1.2 has a cool built in feature that should be able to scour your rom and find all broken offsets if this doesn't work.

Thank you for the update! I'm looking forward to using this amazing tool!

Just to be clear, this tool works for the US version of Fire Red, Sapphire etc., right? The region of ROMs often leaves me clueless.

Keep up the great work! I'll be (impatiently) waiting for the next update! :3

Yes, all versions where the game code ends in "E", so BPRE, BPEE, AXVE, etc. I think that is the US:P

The next update, I am trying for either today or tomorrow. Editing the documentation right now for the update.:)

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Yes, all versions where the game code ends in "E", so BPRE, BPEE, AXVE, etc. I think that is the US:P

The next update, I am trying for either today or tomorrow. Editing the documentation right now for the update.:)

Okay, thank you for that and I look forward to the update! Keep up the great work! :)

FsaterThanDark

Professional Weirdo
    Years
  • Hey guys, im pretty new to hacking so im having some problems~_~ (and there are a lot of useless internet pages)
    Im hacking a copy of Fire Red and when adding a pokemon, i can get it to save in the rom hacking suite, but when i use Advance Map Editor to put the pokemon's location in the game, it doesnt show up on the list. anyone know whats wrong?

Im using the original rom because nothing new showed up upon saving the new pokemon
    also i have no idea what number it would be in the Dex, im assuming its added after whatever normally comes last

Years
  • Hey guys, im pretty new to hacking so im having some problems~_~ (and there are a lot of useless internet pages)
    Im hacking a copy of Fire Red and when adding a pokemon, i can get it to save in the rom hacking suite, but when i use Advance Map Editor to put the pokemon's location in the game, it doesnt show up on the list. anyone know whats wrong?

Im using the original rom because nothing new showed up upon saving the new pokemon
    also i have no idea what number it would be in the Dex, im assuming its added after whatever normally comes last

Look at this, it will help you.

Hi guys,

Where you found this version?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Very cool, sad i started a rack on the US version : P , but the tool worked for bit in the US version, i Add a few moves on it, and after some time got the evolution table errors.

Probably when i restart my hack i will choose de EU version. Any idea when a tool for the OverWorld will be released ?

great work kid : )

Years
  • First off, I can't wait for the 1.2 release :D. I can't wait to see what'll get fixed and get added :P.

Anywho, I am getting this weird bug/problem/compiling issue. Whenever I expand the PokeDex in FireRed, everything seems to be alright. However, when I use some of Wichu's tools, I get an error that the ROM isn't LZ77 compiled, which is a little disappointing, since Wichu's tools is a little more efficient. Do you think you can fix this error, or incorporate Wichu's tools onto the Hacking Suite?

(Yes I know there is an already built-in sprite, icon, and position editor, but Wichu's tools are more efficient and easier in my opinion.)

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    You need to make a new .INI for your ROM so A-Series will know where the tables are at. LZ77 compression refers to the sprites, not the ROM; it's not able to find the sprites because the tables were repointed.

FsaterThanDark

Professional Weirdo
    Years
  • Look at this, it will help you.

Where you found this version?

i got it from the first page of this thread, v1.1.3, on june 27 (btw i had to remove the link since i only have 2 posts)
    im not getting any error messages, my pkmn just doesnt show up in the map editor

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
  • i got it from the first page of this thread, v1.1.3, on june 27 (btw i had to remove the link since i only have 2 posts)
    im not getting any error messages, my pkmn just doesnt show up in the map editor

No map editor supports this yet.:/ I feel like we have made this very, very clear.

Still waiting on the mac version. My compiler is very busy at the moment. Hold on a little while longer guys.:)

Back