• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Well, the current release has the ability to add more Pokémon to certain pages, but as pages have a limit of 4 Pokémon, you'll need to eventually add more pages to the dex, though the tool doesn't support it yet. karatekid has already said that the next update will have this option, and I'm just curious of when that will come around.

Yes I think so too. Also KK552 I see your ini has this

locationnames = 0x3F1CAC
    locationstart = 0x58
    locationend = 0xC4
    locationtblfmt = 1

Are you planning on adding a map name expansion as well or was this just the evolution methods? Because this could go well with MEH too as A-map doesn't directly support it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    Go into your ini and grab the offset for evolutions and check it out in a hex editor. Idk why it would be wrong, but at least you can see if it is.
    I did this and there every line was like this
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    except the offset which was like this
    FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    I'm changing those 00s to FFs, let me see if it works I will edit if it does.
    EDIT: Didn't work. Oh, by the way, I would have no idea how to tell the difference between a good offset and a bad one as changing BPRE to MrDS was the first time I ever hex edited
    EDIT2: Tried again with a different ROM (same rombase), and it also reported the same error. And also, when I try to use the updated version this happens (I'm on a Mac btw)... I cant link though so i attached it

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Yes I think so too. Also KK552 I see your ini has this

Are you planning on adding a map name expansion as well or was this just the evolution methods? Because this could go well with MEH too as A-map doesn't directly support it.

Just evolution methods. I also have added evolution by bank/map for the next release already.

I did this and there every line was like this
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    except the offset which was like this
    FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    I'm changing those 00s to FFs, let me see if it works I will edit if it does.
    EDIT: Didn't work. Oh, by the way, I would have no idea how to tell the difference between a good offset and a bad one as changing BPRE to MrDS was the first time I ever hex edited
    EDIT2: Tried again with a different ROM (same rombase), and it also reported the same error. And also, when I try to use the updated version this happens (I'm on a Mac btw)... I cant link though so i attached it

Guarantee you did the whole MrDS thing wrong. Don't worry, you aren't the first nor are you the last. Send me a pm and we can discuss it more in depth.

I think it has been released. Everytime I open this tool the newest version has this if I am not wrong.
    This is awesome but I don't know if you can add more mons into the habitats yet?

No it has not. I will submit a new release once I get to the Emerald expansion. I have already added the add/remove pages feature (as can be seen from my commits to github). I just want to get the Emerald expansion done before I update again.

You guys could do it the old fashion way and hex edit the new pages in:P

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Bank evolutions T_T omg thank you. His was probably the best thing to nearly sleep on(you made me stay up another hour :p). Thanks again, this is truly a help, from the guy who can't hex edit well :)

karatekid552

Years
  • Ohhh what!? There are specific map evolutions? I better figure out the method very soon! Thanks

Bank evolutions T_T omg thank you. His was probably the best thing to nearly sleep on(you made me stay up another hour :p). Thanks again, this is truly a help, from the guy who can't hex edit well :)

No no no, I didn't add those. I added the ability to edit them. Gogojjtech ASM hacked his rom to allow evolution by those and needed a way to edit them so I added them.:)

karatekid552

Years
  • Super serious question, which is why I am double posting. As we speak, I am coding the Emerald pokedex expansion (the proof is already on GitHub in my commits from today:). However, in Chaos' tutorial, you are told to disable animations for pokemon. How should I handle this? Should I just follow his tutorial? Or is anyone actually going to use the animations? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Super serious question, which is why I am double posting. As we speak, I am coding the Emerald pokedex expansion (the proof is already on GitHub in my commits from today:). However, in Chaos' tutorial, you are told to disable animations for pokemon. How should I handle this? Should I just follow his tutorial? Or is anyone actually going to use the animations? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

We are all lazy, so just add a button for us to click. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Super serious question, which is why I am double posting. As we speak, I am coding the Emerald pokedex expansion (the proof is already on GitHub in my commits from today:). However, in Chaos' tutorial, you are told to disable animations for pokemon. How should I handle this? Should I just follow his tutorial? Or is anyone actually going to use the animations? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

How about just a checkbox to keep/remove them? Not everyone would want to update all the sprites, so I imagine there'd be quite a few people wanting animations.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    While most people who are just going to 649/721 would be using the resources here and thus not need animations, I imagine the handful of people just expanding to add a handful of mons might be interested. I know Altair/Sirius has animated sprites for its fakemon.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
    Years
  • Does anybody know how to expand the cry table? I've tried repointing it and expanding it but all of the new expanded Pokemon still have Bulbasaur's cry. Is it something to do with the hoenncryauxtable offset in the ini? When I go to that offset it's all FF's.

This has really stumped me, I've been trying lots of different ways to expand the cry table but no progress.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Karatekid552. If you find out about any limiter or Byte that Chaos Rush has forgotten to include in his tutorial (since you are currently coding it). Would you mind posting that difference just to make the manual tutorial "complete"?

karatekid552

Years
  • Karatekid552. If you find out about any limiter or Byte that Chaos Rush has forgotten to include in his tutorial (since you are currently coding it). Would you mind posting that difference just to make the manual tutorial "complete"?

I don't have time for hardcore research. However, I have asked that the tutorial be finished and there are others trying to do so.

Edit: I just got a report of the National Dex freezing after adding pokemon. Does this happen for anyone else?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I don't have time for hardcore research. However, I have asked that the tutorial be finished and there are others trying to do so.

Edit: I just got a report of the National Dex freezing after adding pokemon. Does this happen for anyone else?

Nope. I've done the entire thing and it doesn't freeze if done correctly. The only issue I've come across is that the Name shows up as a ? and the Sprite as ?? inside the Pokedex. This might be due to me using Wichu's Sprite Editor instead of G3HS when editing the sprites. Still investigating what went wrong.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    I tried Pokemon FireRed(U), Pokemon FireRed(E), the newest version of Gen Suite III, the previous-newest version of Gen Suite III, and in 1.2 I get this error: http://imgur.com/EBaRgEP I press OK, and it asks me to fix the INI, and I let it find the pointers. However, once I press submit, it gives me the same exact error as before, looping forever. In version 1.12(?) I open EITHER rom and get "at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown ID". I press yes. I reload the rom. "Moves can not be fully loaded." I press OK. Then, it gives me the error (see image) again. Then, it loops and says "moves can not be fully loaded" and the other error... forever.

karatekid552

Years
  • I tried Pokemon FireRed(U), Pokemon FireRed(E), the newest version of Gen Suite III, the previous-newest version of Gen Suite III, and in 1.2 I get this error: http://imgur.com/EBaRgEP I press OK, and it asks me to fix the INI, and I let it find the pointers. However, once I press submit, it gives me the same exact error as before, looping forever. In version 1.12(?) I open EITHER rom and get "at rom offset 0xfffffe there is an unknown ID". I press yes. I reload the rom. "Moves can not be fully loaded." I press OK. Then, it gives me the error (see image) again. Then, it loops and says "moves can not be fully loaded" and the other error... forever.

Weird man, I really don't know. I wonder if you have a different rom. Not all FR roms were ripped the same. Some were post-hacked or hacking during the ripping process and it changes the location of some of the data, which could be the issue.

SuperOrigin

Legendary
    Years
  • Hey all its TyHawk4501 :)

Here's a video of what happens with the national dex after expanding the Pokemon with Gen 3 Hacking Suite.

karatekid552, you need to see this.

Last edited:
    Back