• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Metal fans?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • SWORN TO AVENGE
    CONDEMNED TO HELL
    TEMPT NOT THE BLADE
    ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL

The Sentinel - Judas Priest

What songs, no matter what mood you are in, force you to head bang?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Equilibrium, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Eluveitie, and Motörhead, in no particular order; they're all equally as great to me.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • with that in mind, what would be like your top 5 metal bands?

holy shit
    I was going back to this thread to make a post but then I saw your avatar
    never change it or ill scream for vengeance

it got me thinking- you could probably do the same thing with Tauros and the Defenders of the Faith album cover, although Tauros does lack the metallic look

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Welp, metal is about all I listen to these days. I listen to a mix of quite a few of the genre's, ranging from heavy rock all the way up to Death Metal. I will hardly go beyond that, the heaviest I've got being a song from my friend's viking death metal band. But I do genuinely love metal for its continued creativity with the guitar and use of actual skill to create, as opposed to much of the mainstream muck being chucked out these days. Back in the naughties were the days where liking pop and metal wasn't so uncommon because pop wasnt mass-produced trash like it is today.

What do ya'll think of "poser" bands (I put it in quotes because its debatable and really left to opinion) like Black Veil Brides, Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon, and the like?

Eh. They aren't exactly "poser" bands imo. They tread the line of what might be considered metal or heavy rock, with BMTH ranging into electro-rock imo. BMTH was better way back when, but tbh I stopped listening to them entirely now. BVB have their moments, and whilst not entirely metal, I think they also fit to some extent. Metal is in the ear of the behearer, and what goes where on the spectrum of metal is incredibly subjective.

What I'm intrigued about is WHY people like really heavy stuff like death/thrash/black metal? I just can't seem to get on with most of the bands/songs and have never done so. What exactly makes it appeal to you?

Metallica falls into the thrash metal scene, along with Black Sabbath imo, so if you like those then don't rule out thrash metal yet. Death metal is quite rhythmic and very fast paced. It focuses heavily on technique which you can really hear when it's pulled off right. Definitely an acquired taste though for me, not something I could just instantly listen to but after I was introduced to some real good stuff, it's hard not to enjoy a good death metal band these days. Black metal is where I say no though, I cant do that.

with that in mind, what would be like your top 5 metal bands?

Hmm. Metallica, Eluveitie, Volbeat, Avenged Sevenfold and All Faces Down are my top five.

Metallica were really my proper introduction into metal, and coming from a folk-orientated town folk-metal is really my cup of tea, with Eluveitie being such a huge contributor in that regard. They are fantastic, and very diverse, among them being able to play around 12 different instruments. The rest are just my personal faves. I saw Volbeat live last year, and man were they amazing.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I just want to share how excited I am today! Two of my favorite metal bands, Paradise Lost and Septicflesh, have both released a new album today hahaha. Veeeery beautiful coincidence for me!

EDIT: Even Epica released their new EP today!! Is this Christmas? O.O

Last edited:

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • What do ya'll think of "poser" bands (I put it in quotes because its debatable and really left to opinion) like Black Veil Brides, Suicide Silence, Bring Me the Horizon, and the like?
    These aren't poser bands...
    And BMTH and Suicide Silence are both amazing bands.

Poser bands are like Rings of Saturn, for one to come to mind.
    I never took them seriously and they sound lame.

Aversions Crown does the alien theme concept a lot better.
    Poser is all in the opinion as you say.

Just like poser people. No real say on who is that, unless you want to name drop really?

Been trying to get into Paradise Lost's Medusa so much... I hope it isn't a dud album.

Last edited:

Loriania

Mars Adept
    Years
  • I tend to prefer folk metal.

Top 5 Bands-

1. Amon Amarth
    2. Eluveitie
    3. Tyr
    4. Falkenbach
    5. Arkona

Others I like- Manegarm, Ensiferum, Nile, Korpiklaani, Nomans Land, Thrudvangar, Thyrfing, Heidevolk, Melechesh, Ex Deo, Svartsot.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I absolutely adore The Black Dahlia Murder. They are one of my favorite bands alongside The Broken Result. Very similar styles of music where the instruments are brutal and the lyrics are even more so. Cattle Decapitation is another one of those kinds of bands, but it's a very different genre to the melodic death metal that TBDM and TBR are classed as.

♥♥♥

Some TBDM songs I love to listen to (very nsfw, if people could understand the lyrics; straight brutality in music form):

Closed Casket Requiem -- A song about the Black Dahlia murder, from the eyes of the perpetrator. Lyrics are pretty morbid stuff, very gory imagery.
    "For weeks I've watched you, perched above your sleeping form,
    As I caress your perfection,
    My angel,
    I'll tear your insides out"

No link, look up the video on YouTube if you're curious.

Vines of Thorn -- A song based off the Evil Dead movie, the very controversial scene that I literally can't even mention here. And I can neither list the full song title nor any more about the song because I will get the ban hammer.
    "You brought this all unto yourself,
    Should not have tampered with his Hell,
    Opening the Book, your last mistake,
    This haunted wood shall be thine grave"

No link, look up the discography if you're curious.

The Graverobber's Work -- Pretty self-explanatory. Just talks about the pros and cons of being a gravedigger. Nothing too vulgar here aside from the disturbing nature of exhuming people's grave, mild language, and mild sexual themes.
    "I'm haunted by faces,
    When I try to close my eyes,
    So deeply it festers,
    The guilt is murder"

No link, look up the video on YouTube if you're curious.

What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse -- A great song based off of Castlevania, specifically Castlevania II. We get a really cool image of the world through their lyrics, as well as a sense of helplessness.
    "This twisted wretched place, shadowed by the utmost darks of hell,
    In dreams of black beyond the bound of a withered witch's spell,
    Where the doors surely are locked when the sun threatens to wane,
    Where shamblers dwell in dim moonlight beyond the warmth of day"

A little brutal in terms of mentioning murder but PG-13, I'd say:
    Spoiler:

♥♥♥

Some TBR songs I love to listen to (not as explicit, very introspective and deep lyrics with many, many layers; elegant):

Massacre of the 9th Hell -- Probably my favorite song. Just in general. Trying to describe this song is so useless. It truly needs to be heard. A song about love and betrayal. A song about hatred and sorrow. Beautifully orchestrated in every way with such strong lyrics.
    "Leaving me imprudent and destroyed,
    Decidedly desperate to relive our dreams,
    The overt intoxication of aromas,
    Leave me awoken by these screams,
    Pray, today forgotten,
    When tomorrow is newly born,
    There will be no thoughts reminding you of this."

Embed link:

A Night of Honest Lies -- Oh wow, another that is so hard to describe. It's a long and involved story about corruption and distrust, about trying to find forgiveness and relinquish hatred. It's a song about thinking one's lost themselves, whether they know it or not. It's a song about a long of things that deserves to be heard for the masterpiece it is.
    Victorious, on the battlefield you now stand,
    Red hearts on spears dripping with revenge,
    My blood will stain your soil forever,
    Poisoning your fruition,

Embed link:
    Spoiler:

♥♥♥

A few other bands I really enjoy:
    System of a Down
    Maximum the Hormone (aka Japanese System of a Down)
    Eluveitie
    Ithilien
    Slayer
    Dethklok
    Veil of Maya

Years
  • I'm fond of metal, mostly of the old school bands. I'm more of a prog rock person though, but metal is good too.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The Black Dalhia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Rammstein, and Nightwish. \m/

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The Black Dalhia Murder, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Rammstein, and Nightwish. \m/

Black Dahlia Murder all the way! ♥♥ Love them. You might enjoy The Broken Result, too. They have a similar style. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oooh I've not heard of them, I'll have to check them out! :D

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    You absolutely should. ♥ Their lyrics are both beautifully written and beautifully sung. Er... screamed. xD

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    *raises hand*
    I listen to almost anything rock or metal! ...as long as it's not too extreme. Like black metal levels of extreme.
    Spoiler:

Deleted member 691924

Now, I prefer the last 2-3 decades of metal over the new crap hurr durr im a special elitist snowflake, but there are definitely newer bands which are up to par with the old ones because exceptions will always exist.

Here's a small list of my favourite and recommended metal (rock is a different animal) bands: Rammstein, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, KoЯn, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Pantera, Rammstein, Meshuggah, Slipknot, SOAD, Dream Theater, RATM, Black Sabbath, Rammstein, Sepultura... and you get the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Judas Priest, I guess I'm the only one here who gives them a listen XD Megadeth \m/, Metallica, Linkin Park(my favourites), Architects, Amon Amarth, While She Sleeps, Parkway Drive, System Of A Down, Equilibrium and, at times, Abbath. But I do listen to Pop and Rock as well.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I'm more of a rock person myself, though there are some metal I like to listen. Not that many things such as black metal tho.
    I think my taste in metal bands include Arcturus, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Metallica, Sabaton, Black Sabbath and SOAD

Last edited:
    Back