• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
Which episode was the Poochyena one?

Can anyone tell me which episode (or at least season) it was where there was a storyline with Poochyena and his owner? It was an episode where there was a little boy (or girl, I can't remember) and s/he had a Poochyena but had to give it up because their wealthy family said pokemon were too childish or something? I saw that episode way back when I was still a kid (I'm 99% sure Misty and Brock were still around), and it really stuck with me but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone can help in any way, that'd be great.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Probably should create a thread for this.. as this seems dead. But does anyone know where you can find the music by Dani Marcus? Like The Key to Me, or the Coccon of Destruction ending song. Well, I found the latter on youtube, but I can't find the first and its the one I want. (Ending song for Whats that key special short).

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything about the songs you were looking for :\ I could only find information about the Japanese soundtrack.

Can anyone tell me which episode (or at least season) it was where there was a storyline with Poochyena and his owner? It was an episode where there was a little boy (or girl, I can't remember) and s/he had a Poochyena but had to give it up because their wealthy family said pokemon were too childish or something? I saw that episode way back when I was still a kid (I'm 99% sure Misty and Brock were still around), and it really stuck with me but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anyone can help in any way, that'd be great.

Are you sure it was a Poochyena? Poochyena didn't make its anime debut until after Misty left, and none of the episodes that a Poochyena has appeared in match your description :\

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything about the songs you were looking for :\ I could only find information about the Japanese soundtrack.

Are you sure it was a Poochyena? Poochyena didn't make its anime debut until after Misty left, and none of the episodes that a Poochyena has appeared in match your description :\

I must be mistaken then. :O I remember it was a dog (maybe fox?) type animal. Are there any other episodes that fit my description?

Wobbu

Years
I must be mistaken then. :O I remember it was a dog (maybe fox?) type animal. Are there any other episodes that fit my description?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are episodes about a Trainer who is pressured to release his or her Pokémon. Are you perhaps thinking of James and his pet Growlithe? He didn't give it up but he did leave it behind at his mansion. There is an episode that kind of fits your description, called Holy Matrimony!

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
No, the episode she's talking about is the Contest episode in Hoenn with Timmy's mother, the kid with the Dusclops. In the backstory his mother loved Poocheyena as a kid but was forced to give it up and that's why she didn't want Timmy to be a coordinator.

I don't know why he would think Misty was in that episode since it was a May Contest episode. "Disguise Da Limit" was the ep

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Where did this come from--
tumblr_nfpb6t2oQn1rk388do1_400.gif

Years
Where did this come from--
tumblr_nfpb6t2oQn1rk388do1_400.gif

I think that was from a fan thing. That one PokeSpecial animation project that was starting to catch steam on YouTube several years ago, maybe?

In the ANIME isanywhere constituted the rattata -> raticate change?

What do you mean by "constituted" in that context? Do you mean does the anime ever show a Rattata evolving into Raticate? If that's what your asking, then no, the anime does not ever show Rattata evolving into Raticate. Raticate does appear about as often as Rattata does in the anime, though, and it's probably been said by the Pokedex in the anime that Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
What do you mean by "constituted" in that context? Do you mean does the anime ever show a Rattata evolving into Raticate? If that's what your asking, then no, the anime does not ever show Rattata evolving into Raticate. Raticate does appear about as often as Rattata does in the anime, though, and it's probably been said by the Pokedex in the anime that Raticate is the evolved form of Rattata.

Because "constitute" does not equal with actually showing a transformation, but can include things like Pokedex talk, or showing/telling this anywhere else (like poliwag-poliwhirl transformation is told in the pokecenter during the exam in series 1).

Simply "they appear as often" makes no actual connection on the other hand.

I am looking for the info that where does the pokedex tells rattata is transforming to raticate in the anime, or that is just game-canon/managa-canon, and not anime-canon?
Recently just came to me their appearances practically expired from the series according to the wiki, but I have no note about the connection between the two, so I thought I ask in case I missed something.

Years
Because "constitute" does not equal with actually showing a transformation, but can include things like Pokedex talk, or showing/telling this anywhere else (like poliwag-poliwhirl transformation is told in the pokecenter during the exam in series 1).

Simply "they appear as often" makes no actual connection on the other hand.

I am looking for the info that where does the pokedex tells rattata is transforming to raticate in the anime, or that is just game-canon/managa-canon, and not anime-canon?
Recently just came to me their appearances practically expired from the series according to the wiki, but I have no note about the connection between the two, so I thought I ask in case I missed something.

I was inferring from the number of appearances they both have that the evolution connection is probably mentioned at some point.

I'd check the episodes that Raticate debuts in each season. The Pokedex query is done for pretty much every evolved Pokemon that appears in the series (with the Pokedex stating what they evolve from), so a moment like that is probably not listed in Bulbapedia itself for any Pokemon. For evolution, the anime follows the game canon to the letter when it comes down to what evolves into what (I cannot recall a single instance in 800 episodes where it does not follow this), though it takes liberties with how evolutions happen.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Well, the fact that the three canon does not contradict themselves on this issuedoesn't mean they strengthen each other.

Until further ado I'll go with Rattata NOT evolving Raticage in the anime.

----------

Why everyone thinks Ash is "10 forever"?

-------
EDIT: The anime-canon DOES contradict other canons. Eg. in the anime tyrogue can evolve into and can be evolved from hitmonchan and hitmonlee, the only stable form of it being hitmontap.
And of course there is the poli-family which has in the anime 3 version of poliwrath and two poliwhirl.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Apr 10, 2015
Legit DVD Question

I'm currently rediscovering pokemon and I want to buy the DVDs but they are not exactly easy to find in North America any longer for some reason.

Went on to ebay and found quite a few Malaysian DVDs that do not look the same as the North American ones and I am unable to find more information about them. They claim they are legitimate and have various seals to prove it.

I was wondering if anybody here has experience with obtaining "as-complete-as-possible" DVD sets that are in English. DVD-Region is not the biggest issue but I would prefer North America or obviously Region Free. I am mostly after the highest possible quality A/V so bootlegs are likely not going to be for me (unless they have higher quality than the official DVDs....)

Wobbu

Years
I'm currently rediscovering pokemon and I want to buy the DVDs but they are not exactly easy to find in North America any longer for some reason.

Went on to ebay and found quite a few Malaysian DVDs that do not look the same as the North American ones and I am unable to find more information about them. They claim they are legitimate and have various seals to prove it.

I was wondering if anybody here has experience with obtaining "as-complete-as-possible" DVD sets that are in English. DVD-Region is not the biggest issue but I would prefer North America or obviously Region Free. I am mostly after the highest possible quality A/V so bootlegs are likely not going to be for me (unless they have higher quality than the official DVDs....)

Off the top of my head, I know the Australian entertainment distributor Beyond Home Entertainment sells DVD sets. It isn't North American, but it is English. I'm sure there are North American DVDs but I do not know of any at this moment.

http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-season-1-2-gift-set.html
http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-all-stars-gift-set.html
http://www.beyondhe.com.au/pokemon-the-series-x-y-collection-1.html

I don't know if these can be ordered internationally but you can probably find these sets for sale at places like eBay.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Is there any (legit) way to watch these specials?

Here is a list of specials which seem to be "lost". I see them not on the official pokemon page, neither associated to a DVD or anything. If anyone has info about them, please tell.

- Pokémon 3D Adventure: Find Mew! (PK14)
- Pokémon 3D Adventure 2: Pikachu's Big Undersea Adventure (PK 16)
- Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure (PK 21) (second half)
Planetarium specials:
- Challenge from the Sky
- Get Together! Pokémon Planet Center
- Get Together! Pokémon Star Festival
- Celestial Globe of Light and Shadow
- Celestial Debris

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Have you tried the Internet yet? Honest/serious question.

Yes, I did a serious search. One of the other specials I have in russian, as that was the only available language.

I suspect the planetarium-specials never got released outside actual planetariums, and the 3D specials likely was only released in actual cinemas (prove me otherwise please).

Pikachu and the pokemon band is not released yet even in japan, I call it back from the list for the moment :)
And I better wait until subbed/dubbed the Mega Evolution 3.

Last edited:

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
Years
What Pokemon haven't been featured?

(I don't actually watch the anime, but my curiosity is too strong.)

A ton of Pokemon have been featured, and I'm pretty sure most, if not all. But are there any Pokemon that haven't been featured?

By featured Pokemon, I mean Pokemon that have had some part, and not as an extra.

Some Pokemon we tend to overlook, because they blend in with the crowd too much, like most middle-evolution Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Well, I'm pretty sure both porygon2 and porygon-z haven't even been shown, but don't quote me on that.

Back