• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Champion Leon

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • I think he was a good character. Not to invalidate people's opinions or anything, I know there are other reasons for it, but I think some of the disappointment comes from people getting too attached, pre-release, to the idea that he was gonna be a twist villain, or cheating at his matches or something - if you look at it independently from all that, the idea of a character who's hyped up for the entire story as the strongest/unbeatable, and then, at the most pivotal moment (Eternatus), fails, is perfectly fine without any extra twists.
    Also, I like the idea of a champion who's actually famous. (Technically we already had that with Red, but he's not actually champion during the story itself or when you fight him, so it's a grey area.) I liked the "champion-appearing-throughout-the-game-without-you-knowing-their-identity" thing, but it was starting to get overplayed.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Feels neutral to slightly positive about Leon. Encourages the player. Pops up multiple times before the final battle. (Always preferred seeing or hearing about the Champion and Elite Four before battling them. Ought to be relatively famous and spoken of occasionally.)

Never seemed vital to the game directly, however. Handles some problems off-screen, such as the Hammerlocke Dynamax rampage. Serves more as an element of Hop's story, rather than the player's.

On appearance: Shrugs. As good as any other.

On comparison to other rivals: Never viewed them as a rival.

Years
  • but I think some of the disappointment comes from people getting too attached, pre-release, to the idea that he was gonna be a twist villain, or cheating at his matches or something

I honestly hadn't heard this, but it would've been a neat twist!

I think it was cool how willing he was to throw himself into danger to protect us, and loved that particular cutscene with him/us and Eternatus, but wish he would've had a bit stronger of a role otherwise. Design-wise he's high up there imo and I liked how easily he got lost. Cute part of his character lol. Some people I know didn't care much for him cause they wanted to be more involved with the story rather than him choosing to do things for us, which is a side I see too.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I. LOVE. Leon.

Specifically, I like his design, his personality. He's literally a walking advertisement with the brands he shoulders on his cloak/cape. QUITE literally.

I also like how he's one of the more approachable characters in the game, in comparison to the other champions.
    Also, how he still supports you even, when he had that moment of hesitation in the beginning.

I honestly hadn't heard this, but it would've been a neat twist!

I think it was cool how willing he was to throw himself into danger to protect us, and loved that particular cutscene with him/us and Eternatus, but wish he would've had a bit stronger of a role otherwise. Design-wise he's high up there imo and I liked how easily he got lost. Cute part of his character lol. Some people I know didn't care much for him cause they wanted to be more involved with the story rather than him choosing to do things for us, which is a side I see too.

This too. I agree with this. I really like that moment too.

If anything, it made me enjoy him too. I also enjoy his interactions with specific characters, like Raihan and Hop. He looks out for all of his friends.
    It's a charming quality.

Didn't really see him as a rival. Even if that's what he's suppose to be. He doesn't even give off this rival vibe.

Plot wise, I like how he really faces his responsibilities of champion head on. Usually that's all left to the main player/us, but I like how he tells us just to focus on our challenge. It was refreshing for once to not have to worry so much about that side of the story.

Years
  • This too. I agree with this. I really like that moment too.

If anything, it made me enjoy him too. I also enjoy his interactions with specific characters, like Raihan and Hop. He looks out for all of his friends.
    It's a charming quality.

Didn't really see him as a rival. Even if that's what he's suppose to be. He doesn't even give off this rival vibe.

Plot wise, I like how he really faces his responsibilities of champion head on. Usually that's all left to the main player/us, but I like how he tells us just to focus on our challenge. It was refreshing for once to not have to worry so much about that side of the story.

Agreed! ❤️ He's a very caring character and I tend to naturally gravitate towards ones like that. His personality stands out in a way that other champions' (most of them at least) don't to me.

Years
  • gotta say, even though my pokemon were overleveled for the champion fight, he still provided a pretty decent challenge. and i think the most touching part of it all is how gracefully he took his loss afterwards. reluctantly, yet proudly at the same time.

Back