• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Both

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    Pearl! I had that when it came out. My brother had Diamond, we always get the opposite

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2021
    Probably Brilliant Diamond, for the sole reason that the original Diamond was one of the very first games that I sunk a lot of hours into as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2021
    I would like to buy both of them but with that almost everything you can get by exchange makes me doubt, on the other hand, someone knows if all the pokemons will come out or it will only be a certain number of characters.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Both!! Generation 4 is my favourite generation and I've been praying for these remakes for years. I also have both the original Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum. I've always planned to purchase both and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It will depend on what exclusives there are probably, and if there are any other small differences. I generally think Dialga is cooler than Palkia though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    My instinct is to pick Brilliant Diamond, but I might just get Pearl to be contrary, haha. I'll definitely wait to see the exclusives though, since I don't really like to trade.

Years
  • I am going to get BP just because that's what I owned as a kid. I also am looking forward to playing it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Put down a deposit at Game Stop for both. Pearl will be my main as I like Palkia more than Dialga. Also planning to buy a third Switch so I can run Diamond exclusively in Japanese under another account; my two current devices run under the same account and I can't play the expansion pass of the second device either when both are connected or when I'm offline.

Years
    • he, him, his
    • NC
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I would get both to see different exclusive pokemon because one might be better for nuzlockes or challenges.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Diamond, just because that was what I chose back in gen 4. Tbh, I didn't like the pink at the time xD

Years
  • Think not getting both version. One is enough. The dual pack is a bit lame also as it did not even give any discount to it. It is the price of both version added together.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    I'm interested in Diamond because Dialga rocks.
    But maybe I will get both, one for me and one for my wife.

Back