• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Brilliant Diamond

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Shining Pearl

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Both

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
  • Are you getting either Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl? Or both?

I will probably get Shining Pearl since I prefer Palkia to Dialga. Probably won't be getting both of them, especially with another Sinnoh game coming soon after. Don't want to be spending too much money.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • I always get the first game of the pair so I'll be going with BD. I wonder if they'll ever make a Platinum remake. I'll be bummed if we never get to see the Distortion World in the new games. Still excited to trade with my SP friends either way!

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Not sure. I used to love Dialga, but now i kinda like Palkia? xD

I guess i'll wait for the exlusives to make my decision ><

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Shining Pearl, because I had Diamond the first time around. Knowing me though, I'll probably end up with both.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Diamond!~ Had Diamond as a kid so I'm getting that. If I like the remakes more than I expect, I'll get Shining Pearl later on too.

Years
  • Bf sometimes gets review copies from TPCi and he can't choose the version, and I want to get the version opposite to him. Hopefully he gets Diamond so I can get Pearl. Pink <3 I don't care for neither Dialga nor Palkia so I'm not too concerned about which though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I always get the first game of the pair so I'll be going with BD. I wonder if they'll ever make a Platinum remake. I'll be bummed if we never get to see the Distortion World in the new games. Still excited to trade with my SP friends either way!

Don't get your hopes up for a Platinum remake. They never remake Third Versions. I will say that just because we don't see anything, Distortion World could still be in this as like a Platinum Episode, similar to how they did Delta Episode in ORAS.
    ____

I used to get both, but the price hike and just not really needing the second game just doesn't give me a reason to get it. Especially since it is really simple to get all pokemon.

Diamond was my first SInnoh game then I eventually got Pearl. Never got Platinum till many year later, which I think is a bootleg copy but don't know,

That being said, I will be getting Brilliant Diamond.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'll be getting Brilliant Diamond. Though this will be the first time I play Gen 4 because I never did the first time around.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I started the series with Diamond, and usually I'd just get the remake of the original I played, but I've gained a bigger appreciation for Pearl recently. I like the exclusives more and I sorta just think I've had a change of style and Shining Pearl is what I'd prefer.

I've never picked up both but if there was one game that could convince me to, it's Sinnoh. So hey, maybe...

Years
  • whichever one the Let's players are getting first, because i'll be watching through their eyes lol

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Thought I already posted here, probably because I already voted the poll, but if I decide to not buy both versions, then Diamond. I recall preferring most of Diamond's exclusives.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'd love to know what logic people use to decide which of a pair of identical games they're going to get when they know nothing about them.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    Brilliant Diamond, as I previously played Pearl. There is a substantial chance I will end up with both, however.

Years
  • I'm still not sure about getting any of them, but I would probably go with Brilliant Diamond this time, because of Diamond version exclusives.

Back