• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite 4 here I come! No wait!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Do you directly proceed towards battling the Elite 4, immediately after winning 8 Badges or bide your time & first train your Pokemon more?

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • Seen today
    Before facing the Elite Four, I always make sure to train my Pokemon to a certain level and fully evolve them. The only exception was in Pokemon Silver, in which I took a Weepinbell to the Elite Four. However, I made up for that by returning to the Elite Four after receiving all Kanto badges and evolving my Weepinbell.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Most of the times, I make sure that all my Pokemon are properly trained & at good levels, before I make my way towards the Elite Four, its always better to be prepared.

Pika Pika :chu:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I usually push forward and face the Elite Four directly. Since I battle every trainer I can, I usually don't have much issues (I sometimes forget to buy Revive and stuff). The only game I couldn't do that is Diamond, even after training in preparation, my team was awfully under-leveled.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I usually enter the Elite Four first to see what the level difference is, then I almost always go back to train my Pokémon. I usually overlevel them so I don't need to rely on items that much.

Years
  • Ever since X and Y I haven't felt the need to bide my time before taking on the E4 because the games are so easy I've just been overleveled. However, in a game like FRLG or RSE, I would often do some grinding to give myself the best chance possible.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I train all my Pokemon to match the highest level of Pokemon that an Elite Four member has. I'll gladly be underleveled for the champion battle, since that's supposed to be tough.

Years
  • I mostly always train, depending on the levels of the Elite Four. I don't like being easily overwhelmed by their power.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I head straight to the Elite Four with under leveled Pokemon usually to make it more challenging since the E4 are usually easy. I try to fight a lot of trainers before the E4 if I do feel my Pokemon are too under leveled.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I just catch pokémon for a while to fill my dex and then decide to take on the E4 with whatever powerful pokemon I have, some that I used throughout the game, some random ones like a lv 67 Druddigon that I used to beat the E4 in Sun, really no training though I just keep at it until I get lucky and finally win (I've only beat Omega Ruby and Sun though)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Usually by 8 badges I'm pretty overlevelled so I don't bother training up even more. A few exceptions are games like FRLG where the Elite Four is quite a bit higher level than Giovanni so usually it takes somewhat more training.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Usually by 8 badges I'm pretty overlevelled so I don't bother training up even more. A few exceptions are games like FRLG where the Elite Four is quite a bit higher level than Giovanni so usually it takes somewhat more training.
    I just reached this point in LeafGreen and I am NOT looking forward to grinding for the League. -_- Come to think of it, FRLG have always been the only games where I would be mercilessly slaughtered by the Elite Four without any training. In other games I can manage a bit but I overlevel just to be safe.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Usually I tend to train my Pok?mon and making sure that their levels are quite high until I feel like I'm ready to take on the Elite Four, because they are pretty strong.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Having Gen 1 Yellow, the hardest part is when realizing that after Erika(whose Ace is level 32), the Ace of the next Gym Leader in Koga is level 50(which is a huge jump). Same deal with Sabrina's Psychic Pokemon who are also level 50. Blaine's Ace is level 54 and by the time you get to him, you should have Pokemon near 50, if not above it if you grind while Giovanni is level 55.

Considering the strongest E4 Pokemon is Lance's Dragonite at level 62, you can pretty much get away with having your Pokemon around 57-60. However, I typically try and grind my way to 65 to match the Ace of the Champion(which is usually a level 65 Jolteon in Yellow). While I may be on equal terms level wise, I purposely don't evolve my Pokemon so as to have lower HP and stats(making it just a teeny bit harder to win).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I try to train them to make my team as evenly levelled as possible before taking on the Elite Four. That and stocking up on potions and revives.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    Depending on which game I'm playing, I may or may not level up more after receiving all 8 badges. Since the introduction of the exp.share giving all members in your party exp in X/Y, it's much easier just to tank the game with 2 or 3 pokemon right up to the elite 4 and still have a team that is close to matching their overall strength.

With games before Gen 6 (Gen 5 might be an exception, I didn't find their e4 terribly hard) it's much harder just to blast through the games and takes much more grinding. Whenever I play LG/FR, D/P, and HGSS I always find myself outmatched quite a bit if I head straight for the Elite 4.

Back