• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 20: Did you ever manage to get a Shiny from the GTS? I did get a Shiny Chatot once. And a Slowking that was so obviously hacked. I sent a Shiny Dusknoir once, for a Dream Ball Female Eevee in X. Also a Shiny Politoed for another Rareball I really wanted.

Years
  • Day 20: Did you ever manage to get a Shiny from the GTS?
    yes. so many of them. i tried to look for shiny on GTS while trying to complete my shiny dex before sun and moon was released. it was good fight with the other users to compete for getting them. don't know whether they are legitimate or not though.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 21: Do you care about Individual Values (IVs)?

Yes and no. If I went back into competitive battling and breeding, of course I would care about IVs because each stat point counts toward your win. But since I'm just a collector now, IVs mean nothing other than judging how hacked a Pokemon is. 6IV Pokemon are very suspicious to me as a shiny and event collector. I would prefer it to have random IVs than to have really great IVs.

Years
    for competitive, actually i'm not good at it and just follow the trend, yes. i bred pokemon and care about its IV so much. however in terms of trade, i don't usually demand specific IV from my trade partner since i can breed it myself.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 21: Do you care about Individual Values (IVs)? Only when I breed my own Pokémon, because I'm a perfectionist. I don't care about competitive. When I get Pokémon, I prefer them with low IVs because otherwise most of the time they're hacks

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

Yes, I do. When I breed something, they have to be perfect. If I'm just playing the game casually, I still try to get Pokemon with decent speed IVs just so they're faster than NPCs Pokemon.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Day 20: Did you ever manage to get a Shiny from the GTS?
    A good handful of them at the start of each gen. Normally it's just people catching a shiny they don't care about, possibly cloning, and then trying to get a mascot legendary or version-exclusive early. I thoroughly hack check all of them. It's pure chaos, but I kinda like the thrill.

Day 21: Do you care about Individual Values (IVs)?
    Only when I want to zoom through the game faster, and I breed them myself. I hate flawless Pokemon as a collector because they're instantly suspicious.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 22: What is your favourite method of Effort Value (EVs) training? Poké Pélago. Before Gen 6 I didn't care at all about EV Training, then Super Training made it accessible...but one of the worst pain in the ass thing to do in game. Then sweet, precious Poké Pelago was designed by the best person ever and all my problems are gone

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 22: What is your favourite method of Effort Value (EVs) training?

I haven't EV trained since 6th gen so I never played around in Poke Pelago, so I'll say Super Training.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
    I'm particularly fond of Horde EV training, but I haven't tried Pelago. Similar to IV breeding, I really only care about EVs when I'm trying to rush through a game.

Years
    i prefer the pokepelago since you only need to put them on the island, set the counter and leave it. i like super training. it's fun. but not fun part is when you have to carefully count the training.

Years
  • Day 23: Do you Hyper Train your Pokémon?
    nope. i haven't done yet. most of my breeds are already in 5 IVs so no need to HT it. plus i rarely get my pokemon to level 100. the only level 100 are those who play a role in SOS hunting.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 23: Do you Hyper Train your Pokémon? I do on unprefect Shinies I level up to Lv. 100

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Day 23: Do you Hyper Train your Pokémon?

Yeah, on Pokemon that I want to EV train yet keep at lv1.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 24: Do you Shiny Hunt yourself? What is your favourite method?

Yep, I do. My favorite? I actually really enjoyed SOS chaining. Even though it took 2 real life days to obtain my Shiny (Male) Salandit, that was only 6 ingame hours (with chains breaking) of fighting Salandits over and over again. Much less time spent waiting than with Masuda Method.

The easiest method, although I already completely forgot how to do it, was fish chaining in XY. Got a Shiny Horsea really easily and quickly.

Years
  • Day 24: Do you Shiny Hunt yourself? What is your favourite method?
    yes. i really love shiny hunting.my favorite so far is SOS hunting. it's easier to do even with skill swap, harvest and bestow eggecute. i can get at least one shiny a day, even four shinies. plus, thanks to SOS mechanism i can hunt any pokemon in the wild unlike horde, friend safari, or chain fishing which only restricted to certain pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back