• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 12: What is your favorite Event Pokémon? Was it difficult to obtain? VC JAP Mew. It was dumb luck that I stumbled upon it in a random trade. I do believe I offered a 6IV Shiny for it

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading?

Nearly all of it. Sure, I have a few dozen shinies and a couple hundred events in my collection that I obtained myself (A large part of that hundred is Distant Land, Pokewalker, and My Pokemon Ranch), but I'd say 90% of my collection is from trading.

Years
  • Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading?
    i have like 20 boxes of shinies in my Pokebank, and another 5 boxes of events. all of them were from trading.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading? 5/6 box of Shinies are from trading, while nearly all my events are fron trading. Only redeemed about a dozen myself.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Day 12: What is your favorite Event Pokémon? Was it difficult to obtain?

Eon Ticket Lati@s. Somewhat. You have to beat the entire game every time you want to reuse the ticket and catch another one.

Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading?
    About half. For gen 6/7 Pokemon most of that is from SV abuse.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Day 12: What is your favorite Event Pokémon? Was it difficult to obtain?
    I think the closest to my heart is the 2010 Mew event in North America. I was running around my neighborhood trying to find an unsecured WEP wifi connection and ended up redeeming it in the middle of the street. Better yet, I redeemed it on my 21st birthday.

Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading?
    Well, after the 170 shinies I personally caught just added to my list, I think about 15-20% of my shinies were redeemed by myself. Events are less, so probably 10-15%. I like to think of myself as a professional trader, so that's reassuring.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Day 14: Did you find any in-game trades with NPCs worthwhile or useful?

I guess they were alright when I was a kid, but their real use is getting the 1.5x exp.
    I normally catch or breed everything I need in other ways, though.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 14: Did you find any in-game trades with NPCs worthwhile or useful? A lot of them were, because sometimes they gave you a rarer Pokémon, or an exclusive. I can't forgive that Blackhorn lady asking for a Female Dragonite for her lousy Dodrio tho

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years

Not really. Maybe in 3rd or 4th gen it was useful, but now that online trading exists, it's not a necessity anymore. The in-game trades are also usually Pokemon you get a little earlier than when you find them in the wild, so unless you absolutely need it, you can just find it a little later.

Years
    yes. i used some of them during playthrough. since they got more exp makes them leveling faster. plus they can help me fill the dex too.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades?

Wonder Trade. Even though you'll get a lot of Route 1 trash, WT can easily give you breedjects and high IV Pokemon. Especially because of not knowing what you'll get, you can even get rares, and in some cases, shinies. This is much better than searching for a particular Pokemon on the GTS and having it snatched in seconds.

Years
    No, especially after that NPC in Platinum traded me a Haunter with an everstone. ;;

Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades?
    Wonder Trades, just for the pure excitement of randomness.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades? GTS is pretty useful for dex completion, but that's all. Wonder Trade has a lot of awesome breedjects laying around, and I got one legit Shiny in Sun Moon WT.

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • Day 13: How much of your collection is from trading? maybe 95%

Day 14: Did you find any in-game trades with NPCs worthwhile or useful? Don't do IGTs

Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades? Both has their pros and cons but I prefer GTS more and WT on Wednesdays

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
    I used GTS to help get some mons for dex completion, and I don't really Wonder Trade. Neither really gives me any thrill, and I like to know exactly what I'm getting for what I'm trading.
    Although, sometimes I'm an a**hole and trade clones of shinies that evolve through trading. Here's your Phantu... I mean Trevenant.

Years
    i'm on both side. i use GTS for searching desired pokemon with desired ball. as for wondertrade most for filling the dex and for excitement to find what pokemon you will get.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

Yes, quite a few of them!! I think the most useful one was the Machop early on in Gen 2.

Day 15: Which do you prefer between the GTS and Wonder Trades?

I don't really care for either, but if I had to keep one it would be the GTS.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 16: Do you breed Pokémon? What was your favorite breeding project?

I used to. Not anymore, though. I think my favorite breeding project was when Instacheck existed at the beginning of 6th gen and we had the first instances of Egg TSV Hatching. I hatched a bunch of shinies through this.

Related, but my first ever breeding project was a Dragon Dance Charmander in Diamond in August 2007. I was only 12 years old at the time, and I was really happy to know I learned about and could breed for IVs at such a young age.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back