• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Writing Playlist

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Saw a thread in the roleplay lounge about this so why not.

Do you have a writing playlist? Do certain characters you write for your fics have a playlist?
    I don't, in particular. I just listen to whatever really, when I write.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • so for context- i made this post where i went on a tangent about playlists

and! all of that said! while i do love making playlists, there is a certain amount of listening to music With Intent that i have to do to make 'em. and sometimes i just don't end up doing that.

as for listening while i write- i can't at all lmfao. like, that may be surpising considering how much effort i do put into playlists, but i need to focus in without distractions to write a bunch. if i'm editing i can listen, and I usually put on a relevant playlist or a radio with similar vibes! or if i know i want to write but can't just drop everything and focus, i listen to my associated playlist for an hour or so while doing other things to get me into the mindset. theyre helpful! but i cant listen to anything while writing, even those super curated lists

Years
  • I don't really have specific writing playlists. I'll usually just play stuff that fits the vibe of what I'm writing. Otherwise I'll stick one of my more generalised playlists on and hope for the best.

Bay

Years
  • Sometimes I like to make playlists for my stories! I actually tend to not create playlists until either I'm done or close to done with a story as it takes me a while to have an idea what kind of mood I want my story's playlist to be like. Another reason is sometimes I would discover a song weeks later and I be like, "Oh this song so fits this x story."

The exception being one for my fe3h big bang fic as I created one shortly y after writing a few chapters. I already knew the mood for it will be medieval-ish music, so I used a bunch from movie scores and games. There was also a "sprint playlist" that the server I'm in for the event has provided and I would use that to write during sprints.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • There was also a "sprint playlist" that the server I'm in for the event has provided and I would use that to write during sprints.
    interested in this concept! clearly it helped you bc you used it but like- is it pumped up music, then? do you think that tempo ever affects the pacing of your writing?

Bay

Years
  • interested in this concept! clearly it helped you bc you used it but like- is it pumped up music, then? do you think that tempo ever affects the pacing of your writing?

I think the tempo does affect the pacing of my writing somewhat! When the fast-paced music plays my mind goes "okay let's get some words in no matter how bad they are" haha.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I tend to have playlists for a lot of my stories. It varies, depending on the type of story I'm actually writing. I do have a general playlist for songs that inspire me when writing and what not. I use Spotify since I also have premium and such.

Back