• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give your parent a Pokemon!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • If you could give your parent (both of them or only one, it's up to you) a Pokemon, which Pokemon will it be?

Sirfetch’d

My mom always used Starmie and Staryu back when we used to fight in Pokemon Stadium so I'd give her one of them!!

Years
  • Snorlax is my dad's favorite Pokemon (and probably one of about 3 or 4 that he actually knows), but I'd be hesitant to give him one, considering it would cost a fortune to feed one. The only other 2 that I know he remembers for sure are Dragonite and Electabuzz (though he pronounces it Electrabuzz), so I'd probably give him the latter, seeing as how he works in the electrical industry.

If I were to go outside the box and give him something he didn't know though, I think he'd be happy with Luxio, Oranguru, or any of the bear Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    A Lillipup, my mom loves Yorkies! She has like every kind of Yorkie merchandise (keychains, plushies, figurines), her friends always buy her Yorkie-related things, every dog she's owned in at least the past 40 years has been a Yorkie - I think she'd really appreciate a Lillipup, lol.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • My mom? I'd give her a pikachu because that is the only poke she has ever heard about. (not even seen lol)

Dad?? I bet he isn't aware of the term 'pokémon'! Exactly like

a Pikachu.

because really it's the only Pokemon my mom knows.

my dad doesnt even know Pokemon exists.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • my parents don't know anything about pokemon so i'd probably just give them my favourites such as swellow or klefki.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I'd give my mom a Comfey, since it's colorful and cute, or a Jolteon, since it's her favourite colour and she loves cats! Or maybe Pichu, she liked Pichu in the mini-movie Pikachu & Pichu

My dad would like pretty much any Pokémon, but Blastoise could be a good choice since his first Pokémon game was Blue! He used to play with me when I was younger, and he was pretty excited to have a Eevee in his car when I played Pokémon Go with him this summer! :')

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My mum is into dogs so she'd get a Herdier partner c:

Dad likes tech gadgets to maybe a Magnemite could be inspiring and fun.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Would give my mom a Pikachu, that's her fav as well (its in the genes :P). Dad doesn't really know much about Pokemon. But then again, almost everyone in my family is allergic to pets -_-, so not sure how they'd react.

Pika Pika :chu:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Would give my mom a Pikachu, that's her fav as well (its in the genes :P). Dad doesn't really know much about Pokemon. But then again, almost everyone in my family is allergic to pets -_-, so not sure how they'd react.

Pika Pika :chu:

Give htem a Golem, doesn't look like it has fur at all! :p

Coffee

Banned
    Years
  • I'd probably give my mom the Zigzagoon I let her catch in Alpha Sapphire :D
    She probably doesn't remember him though :'(
    And it's most likely gonna be the only pokemon she'll ever catch.

I don't know about my dad since he doesn't know much about Pokemon. (Actually nothing at all except that it just got popular again because of GO)
    Maybe a Pikachu since he might recognize it.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I'd give my mum a snorlax since they probably spend similar amounts of time sleeping.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    although my mum's fav pokemon isn't croagunk, i used to call her croagunk as a joke when i was little so i'd probably give her one fo those for the sentimental reasons. on the other hand, my dad is obsessed with bulbasaur and i think it's the only one he knows, so he gets one of them. my sister's favourite pokemon is smoochum and, quite frankly, that suits her perfectly huhu.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Excluding Pokémon based on our pets, I'd probably give my Dad a Noctowl since he once brought an owl home to take care of after it flew into his windshield and my Mom a Carbink since she likes making jewelry and collecting glass. (Don't worry, the owl recovered and flew away after a couple days!)

Last edited:

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
    Years
  • My mom doesn't like Pokemons. If I can give, I'll try to change her mind, so maybe I'll give cute little thing like eevee.

Back