• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPods/MP3 Player

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • iPods/mp3 players were digital music storing devices. They came in many colors and varieties. These days, though, the technology I'd say has become rather obsolete.

Did you ever have and iPod or MP3 Player? I think I had an MP3 Player back in the day, but it stopped working rather quickly... waste of money, tbh.

Years
  • God MP3 players were a godsend for me... love some jams when I'm walking (or, when I was in school, bus rides).

My first MP3 player had storage measured in *MB* and fit 45 songs on a good day. Pretty sure it ran on an AAA battery. It worked though! No more borrowing Mom's CDs and using a CD player! I could swap out songs too!
    Then my grandma offered to buy me an iPod... but they were all sold out, so I got a pink Zune instead. Lots of hate for Zunes back in 2007/2008. I can't imagine anyone who wasn't in the mp3 player scene then will even know it exists. It was actually a pretty decent music player! But mine had a hard drive (I'm guessing years after the fact it was a Zune 30?) and I'm clumsy so it busted within like 3 months!! Sometimes I remember I had a Zune and wonder how long I would've used it if it had flash storage.
    After that I ended up getting a refurbished iPod Nano (3rd gen, the non-touchscreen square model). I was so happy to finally be one of the cool kids with an iPod. Only Apple product I've ever owned. I ran that thing to the ground. It died getting me home through a flash flood in like 2014. My only issue with it was that sometimes a handful of specific would just end early, which they wouldn't on literally any other music player. But I don't complain too much because uh a lot of my music collection was pirated. I figure it might've been related.

These days I'd never get a dedicated music player when I have a smartphone. When my iPod died I just shrugged and moved music onto my phone. One less device to worry about.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i had an mp3 player that came with my old stero system that was in my room, idr what happened to it. Had another, with a touch screen, that thing also disappeared. Then i got a iPod touch 3rd gen then later a 4th gen. they were good until i got a phone.

Years
  • I own several iPods and use them occasionally because I do prefer using iTunes over my phone (Android) for my owned music.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I remember getting an iPod Nano in maybe 5th grade I think it was. I was pretty excited, I spent literally the entire weekend putting music onto it when I got it. I remember I washed it on accident once and that spelled the end for it lmao. Once I got an iPhone it became so obsolete.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I actually still have one that I use - but a bit of story first. When I was ~11 my father gave me his old iPod (4th generation IIRC), it had a 20 GB storage and could fit lots of songs. I kept using it until around 2011 when I got my first smartphone (a Nokia X6) which had 32 GB storage and 15-year-old me filled it almost entirely with music (to the point it became extremely slow to browse through the library, even just the artists' one - I wasn't insane enough to open the song list), and by that time the old iPod was basically unusable as it couldn't hold more than a few minutes of charge.
    A few years of smartphone-only music storage passed (changing smartphone in the meantime and also using streaming services), then in 2016 I was gifted a 7th gen iPod nano (the last model produced) for my birthday and when on the train I've been using that most of the time: it only holds 16 GB but that's still a good amount of music, as I still have quite a few physical CDs and/or offline music files (some of which isn't even on Spotify) - and as a plus I don't have to use internet or battery on my phone. I haven't used it since lockdown started and I stopped taking the train every day, but still I think I'm one of those very few people still fitting in their usage niche.

Back