• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Okay so I looked at the shiny legendaries last night and I think the two coolest are Rayquaza and Ho-Oh, those two are just badass. Ho-Oh's shiny sprite looks like some rainbow angel spreading peace and good throughout the land (with massive scorching flames...) and Rayquaza's is just wow. I think out of the two I prefer Rayquaza because although Ho-Oh's is awesome and it looks all paladiny, Rayquaza's just pushes out the limit and takes the badass crown.

One thing I did consider though - does anyone find it odd that you can have shiny legendaries when only one of each exists? (In a lot of cases at least, I know some have been shown to have families)

Sirfetch’d

Ohhh why haven't I joined this club yet? I certainly should have joined much sooner as I love Legendary Pokemon and definitely want to be a part of this :D

Username: jellicentfan1
2 Legendary Partners: Azelf and Articuno

Answer to a topic:

Which shiny legendary do you love?

144.png
This one! You might be looking at it and saying "why would you like a shiny sprite that is so close to the original?" Well the reason is, I love the simplicity of it. The sprite was lightened up just enough to where it is near perfection. I love the light tone of blue that is used and it makes Articuno look astounding. This is not only my favorite shiny sprite for a legendary, but one of my favorite shiny sprites of all time!

Bracket #5: Raikou vs. Zekrom
243.png
644.png
243.png
This one was fairly easy for me. I am a huge fan of the Legendary Beasts because of the nostalgia which goes back to me playing my old Crystal and Gold versions and running these elusive guys down. They are all so beautiful and powerful as opposed to Zekrom which is just ugh. I was not a fan of the Unova legendaries and Zekrom is no exception.

Bracket #6: Latias vs. Groudon
380.png
383.png
380.png
This was really tough for me because I am such a huge fan of Hoenn and I love both of these guys so much, but Latias wins it by a hair. I love her design and the fact that she is an elusive Dragon that you have to hunt down makes her even more special. I would always use her over Latias because I feel she is the better of the two and will always be one of my favorite legendaries of all time. Groudon is great as well which made it really hard to vote against it, but he falls just a tad short of Latias.

Bracket #7: Phione vs. Heatran
489.png
485.png
485.png
This is another one that was pretty easy for me. I am not a big fan of Phione at all because I find it too weird that she can be bred from a Manaphy but can't evolve. Yes, she is an adorable Pokemon that I have used in the past with success, but she is no where near as amazing of a Pokemon as Heatran. I use Heatran on all of my OU teams because of how powerful it is. Once this Pokemon sets up behind a Sub, it can literally wreck anything with its power. I love how diverse it's moveset is which goes great with it's Sp. Attack stat that is through the roof. Overall Heatran is an amazing Pokemon that isn't matched by many!

Bracket #8: Terrakion vs. Uxie
639.png
480.png
480.png
I use both of these Pokemon frequently on my competitive teams because both are so useful, but in the end I am voting for Uxie. This was a vote based on pure looks alone. I love it's design which is so unique, imo. Uxie is probably the least liked by fans of the Lake Trio because of it's horrid offensive stats, but I still find this little Pokemon amazing and I am happy to vote for it.

Lucreciatwo

A Mewtwo Lover
Years
Username: L2
2 Legendary Pokemon Partners: Mew and Mewtwo (I luff cats:3)
Answer a Topic:
suicune.png
I love Suicune's shiny form especially the color since I love blue.

BillyTheBumGamez

Keep calm and FUS RO DAH!
Years
I'm new here but I'll join this!

Username: Btb
Legendary Pokémon Partners: Giratina and Zapdos
My fav shiny pokemon must be Giratina (I never would have been able to tell if my Zapdos was shiny or not...) I love the gold and white look on him! It looks soooo awesome!

Btw The reason I put Btb as my Username here is because I share an account with a friend.
(Btb stands for Billy The Bum)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, folks! Nice to see tons of new faces here. :)

Does anyone find it odd that you can have shiny legendaries when only one of each exists?
Maybe it's a little odd to see an alternate-colored Arceus, or he was feeling super that day and decided to go gold. :P Other than that, I accept it, especially when one can see two Deoxys or two Lugia in the anime.

Raikou, Latias, Heatran, and Uxie advance in the Favorite Legendary Pokemon tournament. Here are the next four match-ups so be sure to vote for your favorite out of the two within each bracket:

Bracket #9: Registeel vs. Darkrai
379.png
491.png

Bracket #10: Mesprit vs. Mewtwo
481.png
150.png

Bracket #11: Celebi vs. Regigigas
251.png
486.png

Bracket #12: Deoxys vs. Victini
386.png
494.png

Sirfetch’d

379.png
491.png
491.png
I love Darkrai so this one was a no brainer. The movie that it starred in was my favorite Pokemon movie of all time and is one of the main reason that I love this guy. Darkrai is a well designed powerful Pokemon that is useful on any team so there is no way that it wasn't getting my vote for this matchup!

481.png
150.png
150.png
Again this one was a really easy decision that required no thought. Mewtwo is the original legendary and will always hold a special place in my heart. He is both powerful and well designed. He has lightning fast speed and can devastate any Pokemon that comes in his path. I am not a fan of Mesprit really at all and it is definitely my least favorite out of the Lake Trio. There is no way that I was going to vote for it over the all powerful Mewtwo.

251.png
486.png
251.png
Celebi! I remember the movie starring this little guy and it brings back great memories. I bet I watched it with my brothers over a dozen times and would do so again. Regigigas is just an awful legendary and there is absolutely nothing appealing about it. He is poorly designed and has an atrocious ability. Easy vote here.

386.png
494.png
494.png
Probably the hardest pick this week, but I choose Victini. Victini is one of the few Unova legendaries that I actually like because of how cute and powerful it is. It is such a diverse Pokemon and learns the most amazing move ever, V-Create. Deoxys is awesome as well and I love his multiple formes so it was hard not voting for him, but Victini wins this my a small margin.

Years
Does anyone find it odd that you can have shiny legendaries when only one of each exists?

I've always found this entire concept a little strange. Seemingly just one of (most) legend species exist but they're handed out via events quite frequently; moving others from different Pokemon games makes sense since they're almost like alternate dimensions but being given a second legend in the game when you've already caught the same kind is odd (assuming it's a one-of-a-kind legend). It doesn't bother me much but it does make me think. Pokemon like Arceus definitely don't exist in several quantities, haha!

onto the bracketssss

379.png
491.png

Daaarkrai. The concept of eating dreams and giving nightmares is pretty cool and Darkrai is no exception.

481.png
150.png

As much as I love Mesprit, I'd have to say Mewtwo. He is an iconic legendary and trumps pretty much everything when it comes to nostalgia in Pokemon to me, plus his character in the movie and design is amazing.

251.png
486.png

Celebi! Going up against Regigigas probably isn't the best matchup for it but it's so much cuter and fun to use. I always did consider Regigigas the outcast of the regis.. even now it's a very forgettable legendary and Pokemon.

386.png
494.png

Victini is one of my very favorite small legends and absolutely murdered me in the movie due to how adorable it was. It's a very brave and kind Pokemon. Deoxys, as cool as he is, didn't leave as big of an impression. So Victini it is!

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
I vote for Mew. Problem?

No really. :t151:

Dunno, I guess:

Darkrai. Registeel sux.

Mewtwo, clone of fave Pokémon, duh.

Celebi. The Region set (trio) suck.

Victini. Seriously, he is sooooooo funny in Gates to Infinity!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Username: xMikasax
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Zekrom and Dialga
Answer a Topic: Which Shiny Legendary do you love?
I certainly love palkia's shiny sprite because for me it looks very energetic and very vibrant.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Welcome, folks! Nice to see tons of new faces here. :)

Maybe it's a little odd to see an alternate-colored Arceus, or he was feeling super that day and decided to go gold. :P Other than that, I accept it, especially when one can see two Deoxys or two Lugia in the anime.

Raikou, Latias, Heatran, and Uxie advance in the Favorite Legendary Pokemon tournament. Here are the next four match-ups so be sure to vote for your favorite out of the two within each bracket:

379.png
491.png

481.png
150.png

251.png
486.png

386.png
494.png

I pick Darkrai for bracket #9, because despite being an a slight disadvantage with Steel resisting Dark, I think he is more powerful that Registeel. Mewtwo is my pick for #10, simply because he is a powerful Psychic-type who is almost untouchable. Celebi is my pick for #11, because Celebi has a variety of moves that can cause alot of damage and some moves that can heal and/or protect itself. Deoxys gets my vote, it has many forms and has some powerful Psychic moves that only it knows.

I guess I should also include my own legendary team since I have added teams to all the other clubs, if that's ok with this club's owner. I will pick 1 from each generation except generation 6 since their moves are not yet known. I picked a second from the 4th generation to fill the void of generation 6.

Spr_5b_150.png

Mewtwo @ Mind Plate

-Psystrike
-Psychic
-Recover
-Disable

Spr_5b_249.png

Lugia @ Sky Plate

-Aeroblast
-Extrasensory
-Psychic
-Safeguard

Spr_5b_386.png

Deoxys @ Psychic Gem

-Psycho Boost
-Psychic
-Cosmic Power
-Psycho Shift

Spr_5b_491.png

Darkrai @ Dread Plate

-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Nightmare

Spr_5b_646.png

Kyurem @ Icicle Plate

-Ice Burn
-Outrage
-Blizzard
-Dragon Pulse

493-Dragon.png

Arceus @ Draco Plate

-Judgment
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Punishment

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
RAWR FEAR MY VOTES.

379.png
He's a total cutie right? I love the legendary golem trio and this member is no exception - it's a steel hearted badass that'll take any attack you can deal him and destroy you in a punch. Darkrai just prances around putting people to sleep and snacking on their dreams whilst Registeel goes out into the field and earns its name as a bonified badass. Cool or what.

150.png
Whilst I'm not hugely fond of either, Mewtwo at least has a cool back-story and a heck of a lot of power to back it up. He's an incredibly versitle Pokémon that can perform almost any role in a team that you could need whilst all the while looking pretty damn cool; I've got nothing against Mesprit but I've got nothing in favour of it either.

486.png
As always the legendary golems win for me. Whilst Regigigas is my least favourite of the group he is a staple part of it and the sheer power that he carries (moving continents wow) is astounding. It's a shame he's such a poor Pokémon to use in battles due to his Slow Start ability because I'd adore seeing him get some time in the spotlight, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to be for him. Celebi's pretty cool but it's just not a golem.

494.png
Deoxys terrifies me, Victini is adorable and would be an endlessly fun companion/pet. What other reasons do we need to see which is better? Deoxys is some scary tentacle monster from outer space with an annoying gimmick and broken levels of power whereas Victini's this cute little fire fox that prances around singing things and bringing luck to everyone. If I could have a pet it'd probably be a Victini so he definitely gets my vote.

Scary right? :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, xMikasax!

CloysterOyster, Future Sight and Safeguard are poor moves. Lugia can utilize Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt or Roost. Dream Eater and Nightmare are pointless slots on a naturally hard special-hitter like Darkrai, so pick up Focus Blast and maybe even Nasty Plot to wreak more havoc. Arceus can benefit from having Earthquake or even Extremespeed rather than a rather useless Future Sight/Perish Song (enemies will just switch out to counter). Looks like a fun, powerhouse team otherwise.

Darkrai, Mewtwo, Celebi, and Victini advance! Here is the next set of four:

Bracket #13: Lugia vs. Suicune
249.png
245.png

Bracket #14: Arceus vs. Zapdos
493.png
145.png

Bracket #15: Shaymin vs. Regice
492.png
378.png

Bracket #16: Articuno vs. Cresselia
144.png
488.png

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
did i just miss the last bracket? awww.

okay now. let's see...

Bracket #13 :
249.png

Oww kay! I really like both of them. They look good. But I really love Lugia. I like his role in the Power of One movie. Meanwhile, Suicune is great too. She's great in the games, and also in the movies...but Lugia is really better in my opinion.
Bracket #14 :
493.png

Well, Arceus is the God of Pokemon. What more can I say?
Bracket #15 :
378.png

I think my vote is quite biased since I really don't know much about Shaymin. So that's why I chose Regice.
Bracket #16 :
488.png

Well, this is slightly similar to the Bracket #15. The only thing that's different is that I chose the Pokemon which I don't know that much about. This vote is based on the design, actually.

BillyTheBumGamez

Keep calm and FUS RO DAH!
Years
Okay here it goes. (I put them in spoilers because I knew that it would be long.)

249.png
245.png

Spoiler:

493.png
145.png

Spoiler:

492.png
378.png

Spoiler:

144.png
488.png

Spoiler:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Welcome, xMikasax!

CloysterOyster, Future Sight and Safeguard are poor moves. Lugia can utilize Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt or Roost. Dream Eater and Nightmare are pointless slots on a naturally hard special-hitter like Darkrai, so pick up Focus Blast and maybe even Nasty Plot to wreak more havoc. Arceus can benefit from having Earthquake or even Extremespeed rather than a rather useless Future Sight/Perish Song (enemies will just switch out to counter). Looks like a fun, powerhouse team otherwise.

Darkrai, Mewtwo, Celebi, and Victini advance! Here is the next set of four:

249.png
245.png

493.png
145.png

492.png
378.png

144.png
488.png

Was trying to keep all their moves within their typings :P

For bracket #13, I choose Lugia. He has some powerful Psychic and Flying moves that could really damage Suicune. Suicune has Ice moves that could harm Lugia, but Lugia can heal with Recover and use Safeguard to keep from being frozen.

For bracket #14, I will choose Zapdos. Not just because I like him so much, but because he is a rough fighter and quite devious with its Electric moves. Rain Dance helps boost the power of his Electric moves, and Thunder will hit with 100% accuracy. Zapdos' speed is incredible as well.

For bracket #15, I choose Regice because it has an big advantage over Shaymin being an Ice-type, no matter what form Shaymin takes (Land or Sky).

For bracket #16, I choose Articuno. It can use Hail to damage all non-Ice types for 5 turns. It also is fast and can use powerful Ice moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard, and Sheer Cold could knock out Cresselia with one blow.

Sirfetch’d

Yay! New bracket and this one has Articuno <3

249.png
245.png
245.png
This was the easiest pick of the entire bracket thus far. I absolutely love Suicune and despise Lugia. It is a cool looking Pokemon but other than that, I cannot stand it. Lugia is a primarily defensive Pokemon that is absolutely helpless on the offensive side which really annoys me, especially on a legendary Pokemon. Suicune however is both powerful and beautiful which makes it near perfect. I absolutely loved Crystal version because of this Pokemon and love using it on my team whenever possible.

493.png
145.png
493.png
This was a hard pick because I really like both of these Pokemon a lot, but Arceus wins it by a hair. Why? Because it is a space goat! This is the GOD of all Pokemon which automatically makes it really amazing and unique and not to mention is the most powerful Pokemon ever. With it's 17 formes(soon to be 18!)it beats Zapdos in this matchup.

492.png
378.png
492.png
Another hard one as both of these Pokemon are really good to me, but I just like the Sky-Forme of Shaymin way too much. It is an absolutely pain of a Pokemon to face in Ubers with it's ability, Serene Grace. While I wasn't a fan of it in the movie, my love for this Pokemon is still strong because of how successful it has been for me. Regice though is also really amazing and my favorite of the Regis by far so this wasn't an easy pick.

144.png
488.png
144.png
This was easy for me because Articuno is my favorite legendary of all time. I find it to be absolutely beautiful and powerful. I have used this Pokemon on every game since originally encountering it on my Blue version and I have been impressed every time. Cresselia however, I just don't like much at all. I find it to be a pretty pointless Pokemon that isn't that well designed so Articuno wins this by a longshot :D

Years
I wrote a story about lives of Legendary Pokemon, so i will decide the winner based on my story

249.png
245.png

Too hard to decide. In my story, Lugia is the Storm God while Suicune is the North Wind Goddess. Suincune is more elegant, while Lugia is more powerful. Flip a coin => Gonna choose Suicune !!!!!!

493.png
145.png

Really???? I don't even need to think. Arceus all the wayyyyy!!!

492.png
378.png

In my story, Shaymin is the Flower God, while Regice, Regirock, Registeel are the Mineral Gods. Flowers are better than Mineral and Shaymin is way cuter than Regice. Shaymin is what i choose !!!

144.png
488.png

Yay!! Two of my favorite Goddess. Articuno is the Snow Goddess and Cresselia is The Moon Goddess. But seriously!!! Why i have to decide between them!! Hard hardddd!!!! Uhhhh ! I will choose Cresslia because of her looks, colors, symbols.....

Years
249.png
245.png

493.png
145.png

492.png
378.png

144.png
488.png

Bracket 13: You are destroying me off the bat with this. Johto legends happen to be my favorites so it's a really difficult match-up. I'll go for Suicune though, simply because of his amazing story and design. Lugia always seemed really plain to me despite how cool it is.

Bracket 14: Zapdos for the nostalgia factor. Plus he's an electric! Sorry, almighty God Pokemon.

Bracket 15: Regice is my favorite regi and Shaymin is one of my favorite small legends. Why must this be so difficult?! But as helpful as Regice was in Sapphire, I think I'll go for Shaymin. It has more sentimental value and I went by "Sheimi" (his Japanese name) as a username for a long time prior to coming on PC.

Bracket 16: Articuno, again for nostalgia. I was never very attached to Cresselia, much like Regigigas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back