• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
  • Oh, well, I'll adjust the story to fit. I know it is kind of stupid but I like to muck around with this kind of thing. When I was young I loved to catch MissingNo just because it was a glitch.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • use MeBoy- that will play Gb and GBC on your phone :)

i think HFD changes evolutions but im not sure because i cant use it on by 64bit Vista and dont have my old laptop around to check it either

Yeah, im using Meboy, I never knew it played GBC!!! hopefully it dosent run any slower than red.(mabye if i turn off colour.)
    Im already up to lavender town... my pokemon.... meh, ill make rare candies buyable.

anyways anyone got moveset editor and an evoloution editor for RED or GOLD? perferibally RED.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Maybe with a hex editor bigsteve.

it is with a hex editor but i need to know what to edit
    it's the one and only thing stopping me from powering ahead with my hack
    i cba scripting moltres (even though it has its map sorted out) until i know how to stop them running away

im currently working on rebuilding Viridian forest because i know a lot of people weren't too happy about it being removed by nintendo :)

i have also started work on a fakemon project, nothing much at the moment - just a few sprites and a starting town :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Hi.
    I
    'm thinking about creating a hack but I need some pointers if I'm to get it right.
    Anyway, how to you change in Pokemon Ruby, Proffessor Birch's introduction picture into Proffesor Rowan?
    Don't matter really if you can't change it 'cos I could always make Proffesor Birch, Rowan's secutary..

Thanks! :P

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Hi.
    I
    'm thinking about creating a hack but I need some pointers if I'm to get it right.
    Anyway, how to you change in Pokemon Ruby, Proffessor Birch's introduction picture into Proffesor Rowan?
    Don't matter really if you can't change it 'cos I could always make Proffesor Birch, Rowan's secutary..

Thanks! :P

you'd need to find the byte that referenced the birch sprite, and the byte that referenced Rowans sprite and use a hex editor to alter it :)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Resistant Rom?

It seems that every time I save something to my rom now, it changes to what I want IN THE PROGRAM, but not on the rom. And no, I'm not playing a different rom than I'm editing...

Has anyone else had this really weird problem? The main problems are occuring in Advance Map and the new PET...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Resistant Rom?

It seems that every time I save something to my rom now, it changes to what I want IN THE PROGRAM, but not on the rom. And no, I'm not playing a different rom than I'm editing...

Has anyone else had this really weird problem? The main problems are occuring in Advance Map and the new PET...

try using Save as and see if it works?
    also, if you're on the map in your savestate, try leaving and re-entering to refresh the map :)

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Hmm... using save as under a different file name actually worked.

Thanks, though it is a little weird lol.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    ok,im havin this pronlem where when a step on a tile the game resets,i attached a picture to show where at,its all the grass above the hero except the very first row on the left

if someone could help,that would be great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back