• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
  • I need help with this script

Code:
    #org 0x8179241

special 0x187
    compare LASTRESULT 0x2
    if 0x1 jump 0x81A7AE0 ' Equal To
    special 0x188
    lock
    faceplayer
    MsgBox Serebii..
    battle 0xFB 0x20 0x0
    cry 0xA1 0xFB
    end

#org 0x81A7AE0

release
    end

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hi,
    I hope you can help me.

I explain what I want to do, and my problem.

I want make a script

* Check If you have a National Dex
    * If you don't have a CHAR(#7), block you want speak you, you can't pass
    * If you have a National Dex, you can pass

My scripts :
    Code:
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x234
    checkspecial 0x16F
    #raw 0x01 0x00
    compare 0x800D 0x1
    if 0x04 goto $opop
    applymovement 0x07 $gar
    $gar 1 ; #binary 0x62 0x10 0xFE
    pause 0x20
    applymovement 0xFF $jou
    applymovement 0x07 $arg
    $jou 1 ; #binary 0x34 0x02 0x65 0xFE
    $arg 1 ; #binary 0x20 0xFE
    pause 0x30
    message $non
    $non 1 =Tu n'as pas le \c\h01\h04Pokedex National \n\c\h01\h02Tu ne peut pas passer.
    callstd 6
    applymovement 0x07 $hau
    $hau 1 ; #binary 0x1F 0x32 0x00 0xFE
    pause 0x20
    release
    end

#org $opop
    lock
    faceplayer
    setflag 0x234
    release
    end

But my problem, If I cannot have pokemon and pokedex my script is ok, but if I have a pokemon or kanto pokedex, i can pass.

Sorry if my english is not very good I really speak french
    Theres no command called checkspecial, what you need to do is set a flag when you get the national dex and then check for that flag in this script.

Can anyone help me change a pallete IN GAME for Oaks intro?

I already found him in Fire red with a deep scan at 1181 256 color mode... and I want to use Mewtwo's Pallete for my game. Any tips? There isnt an APE tutrorial that Im aware of...
    Copy and paste the pallete offset of Mewtwo into APE then save that pallete, then copy and paste the pallete offset of Oak into APE and load the saved mewtwo pallete and hit replace.

I need help with this script

Code:
    #org 0x8179241

special 0x187
    compare LASTRESULT 0x2
    if 0x1 jump 0x81A7AE0 ' Equal To
    special 0x188
    lock
    faceplayer
    MsgBox Serebii..
    battle 0xFB 0x20 0x0
    cry 0xA1 0xFB
    end

#org 0x81A7AE0

release
    end
    What is special 0x187? Anyway I'm assuming this was supposed to be in ScriptEd? Read this as there are a lot of mistakes.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Copy and paste the pallete offset of Mewtwo into APE then save that pallete, then copy and paste the pallete offset of Oak into APE and load the saved mewtwo pallete and hit replace.

You see, that's just the problem. I would have done that, but I cant seem to find Oak's correct pallete. The one from RS ball is not the same as in the opening...

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2009
    in fire red how do you change the sprite of the pokemon proffesor oak lets out?

Danno

Years
  • You gotta use IntroED to do that... If you cant find a working download here, you might be able to on YouTube.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    You see, that's just the problem. I would have done that, but I cant seem to find Oak's correct pallete. The one from RS ball is not the same as in the opening...

The pallete is given in UNLZ look near the top.

------------------------------

Anyone know how to get rid of this problem?
    2q2gxtc.png

You lose control of the hero and you start controlling another person with the hero sprite but with their pallete. It happens right after a battle. The same thing happens on a few other maps too.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    hm... in my own experience, I try to change the sprite, changed the unknown values and changed the people number...

also, the simpliest thing I did was just to remove that annoying person outta the map. :\

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Anyone know how to get rid of this problem?
    2q2gxtc.png

You lose control of the hero and you start controlling another person with the hero sprite but with their pallete. It happens right after a battle. The same thing happens on a few other maps too.

hmm.

that can also happen without another sprite there, or even if the sprite is off screen.

i am not sure how to fix it.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I was wondering if there was an item changer...like a real one. I can change their names, description, and picture between unlz & a-mart but i wanted to add new stones but i dont know how to do that sinbce there isnt an item changer

Danno

Years
  • The pallete is given in UNLZ look near the top.

Yeah, but that doesn't work, because it's not the pallete in game. Then you switch the pallete, and the pallete number at the top switches, too.

Is kinda weird in that sense...

Danno

Years
  • Incidentally, is there a way to make the player's sprite change for a while, I'm planning on doing disguises for my hack.

I have a part of my hack where I need the player's sprite to change too, but mine's more simple. I just need to take a Vs. Seeker sprite and change it probably.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • for some reason Articuno has the ability to flee from battle like the legendary dogs, despite being a talk to the sprite, battle and then the sprite vanishes

how do i remove its ability to run?

this is for Pokemon Gold

i have the legendary scripts for my hack sorted now :)
    this means i can set up all the legendary events (other than Celebi)without too much hassle now - i just need to finish my maps

the only problem i have now is - how the hell do i remove the ability to run from Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres? they just run from battle all the time, and because my flags / refresh are now working you only get to battle them once- when they run theyre gone forever.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • I'm trying to insert a larger-than-venusaur image into a leaf green title screen. having an issue.

if i do it just by overwriting the venusaur, of course it comes out garbled, BUT with the correct palette (the 14th line of the title screen's obj palette)

now, if i use cyclone to give it a new tilemap, the image works fine, but seems to only want to use the first line of the obj palette, no matter what I do. I COULD go in and manually edit that line, but I don't understand why its even going to line one. Even if I set the palette to 14 in cyclone it does this, even if i offset palettes, etc. The only thing I can think of that could be making this have issue is the fact that cyclone won't use pngs, and thus can't do the indexed palette business correctly?

too long ; didn't read: when i use a tilemap to insert title screen graphics, it keeps using line one instead of line 14 for it's palettes, WHY?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    i am in the process of putting D/P sprites into my firered hack, and it was smooth sailing until i hit charziard and that stupid sprite is to big. i've compressed it, done everything. and if i unchech the "abort if data is to big button" it screws up the sprite! HELP ME!

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • i am in the process of putting D/P sprites into my firered hack, and it was smooth sailing until i hit charziard and that stupid sprite is to big. i've compressed it, done everything. and if i unchech the "abort if data is to big button" it screws up the sprite! HELP ME!

did you devamp it?
    make sure it is only using the same number of colours as the fire red charizard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back