• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Google Announces The Stadia Streaming Video Game Console

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    https://twitter.com/GoogleStadia/status/1108053792203984896

Google has just announced their streaming platform, the Stadia. I'll post more details as they come in, and an official link to their website once it goes live.

Here is an image of the controller, which you don't have to use (you can use any controller).

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Google is like New Microsoft's Xbox, i am hoping they can rival to Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft about this. Also, i am hoping Samsung can create their own console too and rival with them as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    This seems like a cool idea in concept, but yeah, not too sure about streaming games via a cloud. I only heard a bit about it and haven't looked into this too much, but have they discussed latency and connectivity issues yet?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Eehh not a fan of streaming since I actually like owning my games. It's also too reliant on staying online, so if there's a power outage or your internet goes down, there goes your 'library'.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As a gentleman hunting obscure game titles. I am not excited for the Stadia. If anything, I'm afraid of it and any company backing it up.

Google might be a tech titan, but their interest in technology, even a certain one from voice chatting to their broken Facebook "Google (+)." When this comes out, they'll get it right from the controllers down to the specs of the hard ware, but they won't stay it, much like some of the other technologies they've left behind to focus on the next big thing.

Google fans, sorry if I had to step on your toes, but there is some truth to this.

According to some streaming games is the future, but I'm in the camp of hoping the worst is digital downloads.

I'm in that camp as well.... Granted Digital download is fine to an extent, but you don't really own the game and even then to me digital is too volitaile.... XD

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The lack of a price announcement for this boxless system is sending a red flag over its actual quality, not to mention not everyone has proper internet connection to get it working.

Last edited:
    Back