• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Last of Us Part II (N/A) - Game Discussion Thread

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • I'll update this properly when I get more time/have access to a computer:

Announced at the PlayStation Experience 2016 today. What do you guys think of the news after watching the video?

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I guess the director said the first game was a story about love, and that this one will be about hate.

Should be interesting.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I will be getting the first game very soon, so hopefully that's good and then I'll get this one too.

Years
  • There are not many games I really get hyped about. This though, I am currently the embodiment of hype. I will find a way to get a PS4 just to play this.

Years
  • I am so incredibly excited about this you have no idea

I mean look at Ellie she's grown up aaaa

I guess the director said the first game was a story about love, and that this one will be about hate.

Oh my god I'm even more excited now

Yukari

Considering that The Last of Us was my second favorite game of the last console generation... Yeah I'm pretty excited about this.

The fact that my brother just bought a PS4 really works out well too. c':

Arsenic

Years
  • I am so incredibly excited about this you have no idea

I mean look at Ellie she's grown up aaaa

Oh my god I'm even more excited now

Oh, I forgot to say, that it was also said it takes place a couple years after the first, so idk if "all grown up" would be completely correct......

Arsenic

Years
  • I just read all that yeah! Getting super excited! Doubly because I love overgrown environments!!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    As over-rated as I think the first game is I'd give it like a high 7/10 - low 8/10) I did genuinely enjoy it and it did have some very moving moments for me. I'm pretty excited for the sequel as Naughty Dog usually improve a franchie with each installment (see: Uncharted, Crash bandicoot) and given how lackluster nearly every other single player PS4 AAA Sequel over the past few years (Fallout 4, MGSV etc) it'll be a nice change to have a single player game worth seeing through again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Baby girl <3

I'm a huge sucker for good story in games, and that was one of the main draws of The Last of Us for me. I know a lot of people criticized parts of it for being cliched, but there's no denying it was still a very solid and emotional journey - the older I get, I feel like there are fewer and fewer story-driven games I actually have the time to sit down and enjoy fully, and actually grow to like and care about the characters, but this one really hooked me from beginning to end (to DLC), so I'm definitely super excited for Part II.

I hope being a "story of hate" doesn't make it less impactful/emotional, but I have faith in Naughty Dog. Wonder who the hatred will be directed towards/who Ellie is hunting? There's been a few theories floating around, interested to see what you guys think.

Arsenic

Years
  • Who do I think? Well the people who wanted to chop her up into lab research bits. Why? Because it showed their logo at the start of the trailer.

If not

The random currently nameless group of bandits who murdered the entire town and certainly were not created just to make a sequel!

Neither of these are confirmed to be still or ever real groups.

Back