• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: THE OPENING POST

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I propose that the first article for the PC Daily should be about, well, PC Daily. It will basically introduce what the PC Daily is, explain what sort of articles people can expect, and link to this section and explain how one can contribute.

It shouldn't be too in-depth, as that's what the thread sticky I made in the main section is for.

What sort of things should be said in it?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Okay, a couple things I noticed about the "How to Contribute" thread:

"we - any everyone "

just a typo: any -> and

If you refer to the staff as the "Editor Team" and then say in the next sentence "Want to join the team?" it'll seem like we're offering positions on the editorial staff, so I suggest changing the wording a bit. Semantics entirely, but that's something that caught my eye and had me thinking for a moment.

Anyway, on the topic of the "OPENING POST". If we decide a loose list of article classifications that we expect to see, then we'll be able to give people a general idea of what they can write. Articles to entertain (Entertainment), to inform on battle strategy (Strategy), to give insight to information that was unclear before about Pokemon (Analysis), to instruct how to do something in a Pokemon game such as a certain breeding method (Guide), and so on. We should just collate a few things and give them a brief description.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I agree the first article should be mostly exposition and explain what kind of articles readers can expect in the future. There should be a basic outline of article classifications, a index of sorts, so readers can browse sections that interest them specifically.

And for filler content, maybe also include a little bit out PC's origins? How the site was formed, who started it, interview with Rukario, something like that?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Okay, a couple things I noticed about the "How to Contribute" thread:

"we - any everyone "

just a typo: any -> and

If you refer to the staff as the "Editor Team" and then say in the next sentence "Want to join the team?" it'll seem like we're offering positions on the editorial staff, so I suggest changing the wording a bit. Semantics entirely, but that's something that caught my eye and had me thinking for a moment.
    Cheers. Fixed the first and just removed the bottom paragraph for now, doesn't feel necessary anyway.
    Anyway, on the topic of the "OPENING POST". If we decide a loose list of article classifications that we expect to see, then we'll be able to give people a general idea of what they can write. Articles to entertain (Entertainment), to inform on battle strategy (Strategy), to give insight to information that was unclear before about Pokemon (Analysis), to instruct how to do something in a Pokemon game such as a certain breeding method (Guide), and so on. We should just collate a few things and give them a brief description.
    That's a good idea. Best we then keep the same naming scheme for the actual categories for articles on the wordpress side.
    I agree the first article should be mostly exposition and explain what kind of articles readers can expect in the future. There should be a basic outline of article classifications, a index of sorts, so readers can browse sections that interest them specifically.
    Alright, will certainly include a summary of articles.

Not sure about including the index in the first post however just because wordpress should do it for us! You can have the categories used for articles appear in the sidebar so people can click those and see all articles within that category.
    And for filler content, maybe also include a little bit out PC's origins? How the site was formed, who started it, interview with Rukario, something like that?
    Some PC origins would be great! I think people would like that a lot.
    Filler content as in... within another article? I'd be fine with that, just not in the very first post so to not clutter it up. Fine with a general 'history of PC' article being written, although someone better versed with the history than myself may want to tackle that one. Interview with Steve is an idea worth considering imo.

Years
  • Just wondering, but could I be reminded on how often the periodical is going to be published?

I was definitely thinking maybe we could showcase a Pokémon of the week/month/however often PC Daily gets put up, and why it was selected. This seems like something that we could get started with in the first edition, I'm sure :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Just wondering, but could I be reminded on how often the periodical is going to be published?

I was definitely thinking maybe we could showcase a Pokémon of the week/month/however often PC Daily gets put up, and why it was selected. This seems like something that we could get started with in the first edition, I'm sure :)
    To clarify (in a post so everyone can see), PC Daily with be more of a blog than a webzine, so posts are put up whenever. That means no 'edition', just a continual flow of content. Ideally we'd aim to have something posted every day! May take a bit of effort to build up to that however, something every few days consistently is a good thing to aim for first.

For the second part, I'll take it to a new thread I have some existing articles elsewhere on that sort that may be a format to consider, but comes with a crossposting discussion if so. That is a good idea though.

Back