• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons and Pro Controller compatible with iOS 16

Years
  • Hi all, I am kinda new to this section but not new to writing articles. I have already written some articles for an Italian website, with some other people too. I like writing and the idea to bring more news to the fan base. This topic is pretty secondary, but maybe it could still be interesting for someone. My idea on how to develop the topic is:

- Stating the news
    - Talking about Apple's last event and a bit about iOS 16, focusing on compatibility
    - Talking about the compatibility of Joy-cons and pro controller with various other devices as well and eventually small guide/linking a guide on how to do so (if you made any)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hi all, I am kinda new to this section but not new to writing articles. I have already written some articles for an Italian website, with some other people too. I like writing and the idea to bring more news to the fan base. This topic is pretty secondary, but maybe it could still be interesting for someone. My idea on how to develop the topic is:

- Stating the news
    - Talking about Apple's last event and a bit about iOS 16, focusing on compatibility
    - Talking about the compatibility of Joy-cons and pro controller with various other devices as well and eventually small guide/linking a guide on how to do so (if you made any)
    Hi there!

Seems like a straightforward topic. I don't really have any questions as you've given a good summary! We do guides on that note, although linking to another is also fine - but I think that's a particularly good thing to include in this article.

+1 to the pitch.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's approved!

_confused_piplup_, please PM me with your email address and desired username so I can make a Daily account for you, so you can access Wordpress and start drafting the article directly on the site.

Years
  • I saved my draft. I have some questions especially on the grammar, because I am not sure I have written things properly.
    In detail:

- The word "lockscreen" is considered mistake, but I think it's a technical term.
    - I used the Possessive 's with nouns, I see it used very often, but I know it's grammatically wrong.

Other than grammar, I have other things to point out on my style: I pretty much did what I used to do when I wrote articles for another forum/network. They made us use many Bold and Italic, so I did that here too. Same thing for the links. I want to say that I tried to find a guide about Joy-cons or even an article on the Daily website, but I didn't find anything suitable, so I only used external links. If I missed it, I am sorry.
    Also, I am not sure about the Featured Image, because even if I respected the size (640 x 480), it still has a weird effect when I see it in the preview page. How can I improve that?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I saved my draft. I have some questions especially on the grammar, because I am not sure I have written things properly.
    That was quick!
    - The word "lockscreen" is considered mistake, but I think it's a technical term.
    I would lean towards "lock screen". It probably doesn't need to be in italics either. Neither does 'big Company' (big company) or 'gaming'.
    - I used the Possessive 's with nouns, I see it used very often, but I know it's grammatically wrong.
    Go with the grammatically correct case in all instances. That said, the only one I saw that I disagree with is "the iPhone's users" (can be just "iPhone users").
    Other than grammar, I have other things to point out on my style: I pretty much did what I used to do when I wrote articles for another forum/network. They made us use many Bold and Italic, so I did that here too. Same thing for the links. I want to say that I tried to find a guide about Joy-cons or even an article on the Daily website, but I didn't find anything suitable, so I only used external links. If I missed it, I am sorry.
    I already mentioned the italics that already exist that can be removed (and below I'll mention something that should be in italics), but there's no need for the bold there either - I don't particularly mind it, but it is inconsistent with other articles we've used.

External links are perfectly fine! I'd just say extend them across multiple words (so with "As illustrated in most guides", that all should be a hyperlink, not just the word 'guides'). Also, usernames (@rileytestut) should be in italics.
    Also, I am not sure about the Featured Image, because even if I respected the size (640 x 480), it still has a weird effect when I see it in the preview page. How can I improve that?
    The background effect? That's the case for all articles and is intended. Seemed fine to me.
    A few other things:
    More than that, Apple is still interested in giving its users the best privacy, that's why a new app will have its debut on the iPhone: Safety Check, which is going to notify the iPhone's users about which other apps have their personal information.
    Split into two sentences (...the best privacy. That's why a...)

You'll want to add an excerpt. Wordpress is dumb and has this off by default, so: firstly, click the screen options tab top right of the editor window, and make sure Excerpt has a marked checkbox. The field for it will appear below the main text window. Give a couple sentences here that will accompany the article title and cover image (will appear below the cover image; see other articles for examples).

You can add a few more tags, e.g. 'Joy-cons'. Also 'featured', which will have the article appear at the top.

Maybe add a line at the end asking readers if they're going to try this out, or what's the weirdest controller they used, etc. Up to you!

And here: https://daily.pokecommunity.com/wp-admin/profile.php Fill in the Biographical Info field (a few sentences about yourself in 3rd person), and you can upload a profile picture for yourself below that as well.

Years
  • Got some stuff:

Consistency here would be good!

As every year, Apple announced the new Operating System for the iPhone, during the latest WWDC 2022 event.

I don't think the comma after iPhone is needed there. Also, having both 'latest' and '2022' may be unnecessary, since both already imply it's the most recent one. You should go with one or the other.

may it be a computer or an Android device.

Perhaps instead of 'may it be' we can have 'be it a computer or an Android device'?

As illustrated in most As illustrated in most guides

This shows twice!

the steps are quite immediate

What is 'quite' immediate? Maybe just immediate would be better here, I'm not sure adding 'quite' does much to the sentence. Or I'd even suggest simple instead of immediate - I think that looks better and makes more sense.

it's just needed to explore the device's Bluetooth settings, enable Bluetooth on that same device, keep pressing the button on the Nintendo Switch Joy-cons or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller until they appear on the list of the available devices to connect with.

The flow of this sentence is a bit weird. Maybe something like this: "First, you need to go into your device's Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Then, while still in the Bluetooth settings, keep pressing the button (what button btw? they have several so maybe clarify a bit, or if it's any button, mention that) on the Nintendo Switch Joy-cons or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller until they appear on the list of the available devices to connect with."

Of course, you can reword a bit if you want, but I think it sounds better this way.

singularly or together

Singularly has a different meaning, singly is the word you're looking for here.

Awesome job <3

Years
  • I think I made a huge mistake, I am sorry. I have already published, but I don't find the thread options. I thought I had to publish it before making the comment thread. I m having a bit of a trouble with that.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think I made a huge mistake, I am sorry. I have already published, but I don't find the thread options. I thought I had to publish it before making the comment thread. I m having a bit of a trouble with that.
    It's fine, no biggie. (Often I publish around the same time as submitted the thread, and it doesn't matter which comes first.)

Try making a thread in the Tech forum section, and we can go from there with linking it.

Back