• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OG Mascot (Pikachu vs. Clefairy)

Which Pokémon do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
5wLwoP5.gif

While Pikachu has been the face of the franchise since Pokemania was running wild at the end of the 90s, it's a not-so secret fact that Clefairy was once the candidate to be in that spot. Some people agree that the right call was made, while others aren't a fan of the anime's brat and his rat. So, who do you got in this one?

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
If we're judging solely on their usage (or possible usage) as a mascot, and not anything else like stats, evolutions, etc, then I would have to go with Pikachu. Perhaps this is just bias talking, since we've seen Pikachu as the mascot for so long, but Clefairy is best when it is slapping around Jigglypuff.

h81AA9C16

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I love both but I'm definitely leaning towards Pikachu here. Overhyped, yes, but I still love the bugger and all its travels with Ash. And despite being NFE I can't say it's never not been a solid enough member on any team I've used it on.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
If we're talking mascot qualities Pikachu definitely wins out but if we're going overall as a pokemon I actually much prefer Clefairy. Having used both in nuzlockes before Clefairy has much better survivability and adaptability than Pikachu which I value quite a bit in my various challenge runs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I think Clefairy is adorable, but if we're going by franchise mascot, and assuming Ash is still the protagonist of the show, I just can't see anyone other than Pikachu by his side.

Years
If we're just picking between the two, Pikachu 100% gets my vote as franchise mascot. Still voted for Clefairy though, as I prefer it between the two, and there's no denying that Metronome is one of, if not the most fun move to use in the games.

Years
I love Clefairy but it doesn't really fit with Ash and I feel like Clefairy would be less of a mascot than Eevee. :x

So Pikachu it is!

Years
Definitely Pikachu. Clefairy is a cute pokemon, but this sweet, whimsical fairy doesn't fit Ash's plucky personality per say, especially in the first season.

I like the Clefairy line, but think Pikachu is a more versatile choice that has an appeal to wider audiences. It is a neutral color in yellow, its not really masculine or feminine. Pikachu is cute, but with a launch of a thunderbolt it looks plenty fiesty. While Clefairy has a more angelic look with the pink color and little wings, and could easily get a starring role in a magical girl anime if it wanted.

As a mascot Clefairy ushers in a different tone than Pikachu. Not saying it would be something bad, but I don't think it would be the same pokemon series we recognize today.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
While I think Clefairy could make a really nice mascot for a future character, Pikachu is best suited for Ash. The little mouse's role has been set in stone from the beginning! One does not simply replace Pikachu.

Like others, I believe if there was ever a Pokémon worthy of the mascot title, it would be Eevee.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ohhhhhh I don't like this one.... :((((( I love them both so much!! Obviously Pikachu is like, the OG mascot but but but Clefairy is my little star child..

I.. I think I'm going to go with Clefairy. I gotta support my fairies. But this one is really twisting my arm ahhhh

Years
Okay I do like Clefairy a lot, but Pikachu wins! I've always found it cute and was very attached to it as a kid, always been one I liked. Plus electrics are my favorites. Clefairy you are also quite precious though. ;o;/

Back