• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] The Pseudo-Legendary

Years
  • Kanto - Dragonite
    Johto - Tyranitar
    Hoenn - Salamence/Metagross
    Sinnoh - Garchomp
    Unova - Hydreigon
    Kalos - Goodra
    Alola - Kommo-o
    Galar - ???

So what are you hoping for? Would you like another dragon or would you like them to change it up since it's been a while? Or how about 2 again?

If you want another dragon what would you like its secondary/other typing to be? If you don't want another dragon what kind of creature would you like for the Pseudo-Legendary?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • The pseudo-legendary each gen tends to be a Dragon-type (bar Tyranitar of course), so if they go that route again I'd like to see another unique typing. Personally I'm hoping for something like Dragon/Fairy. While one Pokemon does have this typing already, it'd be nice to have it available outside of Mega Evolution.

I've thought about this for a while, but I think it'd be pretty crazy if the wolf heads on the game's logos actually represented the pseudo-legendary, or pseudo-legendaries. Each one would be exclusive to that respective version and have their own typing. That'd be a good way to give us 2 pseudo-legendaries like Gen 3, and maybe give them some form of importance, like being the Pokemon on a hypothetical royal insignia or something. Just my thoughts, lol.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I'd love it to be Fairy-Ghost in the last stage, though Fairy-Ground would also be nice. Two of them would be nice but imho only if they added an amount of Pokémon similar to gen 3 or 5 (which both had a few "pseudo-pseudo-legendaries" anyway). But I really hope for no Dragon type, as having most of them as Dragon types is getting quite a bit boring for me, especially as I already didn't like the designs of Hydreigon and Kommo-o much; while not a pseudo-legendary, design- and typing-wise I really preferred Volcarona to Hydreigon.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I would love to see them break the Dragon typing once again. Not sure what type I'd like to see though.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Most likely a dragon-type again, it's pseudo-legendary after all, dragon typing just so fitting. Even Tyranitar could arguably be said looked like a dragon-type and all. The only real exception so far is Metagross, he's a boss himself. And since Fairy-type is strong now, i think Fairy/Dragon might just be too good. But looking at Galar Map, we probably going to get Dragon/Ice this time around. Also throwing in a Dragon/Steel type just for the sake of heavy industry-themed Galar.

Personally, I think a pseudo Water-type would be great, it has only 2 weaknesses and honestly, Grass-type that counters Water always didn't get much love in the franchise anyway. A pseudo Bug-type with nice secondary typing like Dragon, Rock or Electric could be nice too.

Years
  • I really hope it isn't a Dragon-type this time around. It'd suck for Tyranitar and Metagross to be one of the only psuedo-legends that aren't dragons and I think it'd be nice to have a bit more variety in the psuedo-legend category. How about giving some rep to more underrated types like Grass Pokemon? A Grass type psuedo actually sounds nice, even if it's partial with something else.

Cid

Years
  • Oh yeah, I'd love something more like Tyranitar and Metagross. Giving a 600 BST representative to some of the weaker types like Bug, Normal, Grass, or Ice would be nice.

Back