• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    LOl i decided to use the Infinite Rare Candies cheat code and replay the entire beta. I beat Red and i literally laughed out loud for two minutes at what followed. (Won't spoil it, but LOL)

Years
  • LOl i decided to use the Infinite Rare Candies cheat code and replay the entire beta. I beat Red and i literally laughed out loud for two minutes at what followed. (Won't spoil it, but LOL)

lol same. On my second playthrough, I actually did enough grinding to get barely high enough level to beat him and I burst out laughing when I won.

Years
  • How much is required? I believe patience is key, but out of curiosity, which was your team when you beat him?

It's been awhile and I don't have the save anymore so I don't know exactly, but I think that the lowest level on my team was 19 and my highest was 24. Pretty sure that Red has lvl 25 mons and others in that area, so basically with good strats and patience I was able to win. It also helped that I had gotten both moonstones and evolved my mons with them, so I know that I had a Raticate, Clefable, and a Nidoking. Not sure about the other three though. It took a lot of work to train that much, and the result was totally worth it. It also helps that I got really lucky with damage rolls and the AI being stupid.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • It's been awhile and I don't have the save anymore so I don't know exactly, but I think that the lowest level on my team was 19 and my highest was 24. Pretty sure that Red has lvl 25 mons and others in that area, so basically with good strats and patience I was able to win. It also helped that I had gotten both moonstones and evolved my mons with them, so I know that I had a Raticate, Clefable, and a Nidoking. Not sure about the other three though. It took a lot of work to train that much, and the result was totally worth it. It also helps that I got really lucky with damage rolls and the AI being stupid.

Yeah, I had my team built around Bellsprout, but for the next beta I'll probably be snagging Poliwag from the old guy. Which will give me an advantage over Red's Charmeleon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    Grinding early on to beat Red is really difficult, considering you will need several lvl20s at the BARE minimum to counter most of his team, and at the very least a lvl23 to beat his Charmeleon. It doesn't help that the wild Pok?mon max out at lvl7-8.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    Man the wait is driving me crazy. I've already played this FIVE TIMES, each time with a different team. I'm so pumped i'm actually writing a NOVEL of this hack in my wordpad(for personal use) just so i can distract myself.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I must admit though I did get rather angry that it has not been completed any further after so long I hope we don't have to wait much longer for the rest of the game I was enjoying this more than the original games. PLEASE WE BEG YOU TO FINISH THIS GAME

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Thanks for the support!

Have had the same experience as DDriggs00 here -- ever since my initial bugfixes for beta 2.1 I haven't found any freezing bugs when using the emulator settings I listed in the downloads section. Would be great help if you could tell me what emulator and device you're using, Busunder.

I used VBA Link, like I use to play every other original game/hack and that random freezing never happened in other games unless it was a bug (I think it's version 1.73, but I'm not sure... I downloaded it several years ago). I'm also sure that the setting are correct, because I haven't changed them for a long time.

Also, it always happened just once per said location. Next time I went through that area the game just progressed normally.

P.S.: Sorry for my late answer, I didn't have much time to come here recently.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Hey-ho. I'm here again to let you know that I am alive and well and that so is Rocket Edition beta 3.
    Forum updates may be infrequent leading up to September, but it is only because my nose is against the proverbial grindstone getting beta 3 out for you as quickly as possible.
    Your patience is so deeply, deeply appreciated.
    When will we be able to play as a female grunt? I love this rom hack but I would love to play as a girl. Will this feature be implemented in the near future?
    Yep, I agree. I addressed why I've halted on this earlier. I want to get around to having a female character as well, but "near future" is probably pushing it.
    OH YOU ABSOLUTE GOD! I LOVE YOU! I felt like roaming around to try to get my team evenly leveled just in case the old save files worked, and I went through diglett cave. On the other end, there's a guy that GIVES YOU A FLASHLIGHT! It replaces flash! It's wonderful! I love you!
    <3
    Hi. I'm here to say i hate you a LOT because of that cliffhanger. My friend literally recommended this to me TODAY and i decided to download it a few hours ago. Ten minutes in and i'm already hooked & having a BLAST with a couple of level 10 or so Pokémon, stealing left and right(i picked the girl's Pidgey). To me, the whole beta felt like thirty minutes at MOST instead of 2 hours. I beat Fuji's last mon with my level 29 Poliwhirl and headed to the base, confident that i'd get promoted to Admin even after Red swooped in. Then i find out Giovanni is about to reveal a very important part of the storyline...and then my smile disappears as i read the words "in the next beta release".

Seriously, i finished the beta with a full party consisting of a lvl 29 Jolteon, lvl29 Primeape, lvl29 Pidgeotto, lvl29 Poliwhirl, lvl29 Nidorino and a lvl29 Growlithe which i was planning to evolve after being promoted. You're evil man. I really hope you update BETA 3 soon, because i can't wait to return to this game at all.

Also, is there a way i can re-use my Beta 2.1 save? I want to pick up from where i left.

I also want to know if there's another good Team Rocket hack to entertain myself with while you're working on Beta 3.
    Dude, I'm honoured. Thank you.
    Beta 2.1 saves will almost certainly work with beta 3, it seems like.
    I must admit though I did get rather angry that it has not been completed any further after so long I hope we don't have to wait much longer for the rest of the game I was enjoying this more than the original games. PLEASE WE BEG YOU TO FINISH THIS GAME
    I know. Hang tight. The wait has been too long already, but I'm putting my heart and soul into making sure it's no longer now than it absolutely has to be.
    Man the wait is driving me crazy. I've already played this FIVE TIMES, each time with a different team. I'm so pumped i'm actually writing a NOVEL of this hack in my wordpad(for personal use) just so i can distract myself.
    That's super awesome. I'm curious to see how your take on the storyline differs from what's in store for Rocket Edition; do send me a copy of your writings so I can have a read if you want :D
    Sorry if this sounds impatient of me, but is there an estimation on how long it will be until the next release? I ask this because I just played through this rom hack for the third time, and I can't wait for the continuation.

Also, I think that you clearly have plans for promotions of some kind for our character, but are there plans for outfit changes? Maybe once we get promoted we could choose an outfit from a pool of designs that you set up? Really just getting an admin outfit in general would be awesome.
    September is the beta 3 release estimate I gave before and I'm sticking to it. The more precise answer is simply "when I'm satisfied with it and it's mostly bug-free".

Outfit changes? You're onto something.

MORE BETA 3 PROGRESS PICS AND NOTES
    TRza6tp.png
    hUIqft0.png
    XSBNZX4.png
    fGjMYsT.png

Positively twitching not to give you some more juicy plot bits, but that's hardly the way to do it. Rest assured they get juicier and juicier, though. Development progress trots along at a steady pace; you may have gathered that some stuff goes down at Pallet and Cinnabar.

As Kanto opens up (almost) in its entirety and branching sidequests accumulate, the number of unique interactions that need to be wired up and dialogue pieces written rise exponentially, but there is certainly great reward in seeing more complicated developments play out. Excited to share.

Notice in screens 3 and 4 I'm playing around with an altered outfit for the Player following plot developments that may make such changes appropriate. For the first time ever, I'm actually working with an artist (and friend of mine) to get all of the heapfuls of sprite changes needed for these and subsequent outfit changes in order! Practically incapable of producing my own original pieces of pixel art, it's a thorough relief.

More updates to come.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    Hey-ho. I'm here again to let you know that I am alive and well and that so is Rocket Edition beta 3.
    Forum updates may be infrequent leading up to September, but it is only because my nose is against the proverbial grindstone getting beta 3 out for you as quickly as possible.
    Your patience is so deeply, deeply appreciated.

More updates to come.

Hey man, I got to know about this rom today itself and just completed my way through till the lavender mission.
    So excited for next update.
    It is the best rocket hack rom that I have played.
    looking forward to its completion < 3

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Hey there! I created this account for the specific purpose of thanking you for making this hack! I've already played it three times and I'm positively craving more of it! Being able to steal pokemon from other trainers is something I've always dreamt of doing in a pokemon game, and the infamy system adds a nice original touch to the gameplay and a personal nuance to the story. The plot is intriguing and adds unexpected depth to a lot of characters and circumstances (we thought) we knew like the palm of our hand! The whole hack feels very polished and carefully planned, and I'll be definitely waiting for the next installments.
    Thanks a lot for your time and efforts!

DTD

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2018
    I have a bad habbit of "scrolling" though good hacks without leaving a comment to,you know, at least encourage the creators..
    But seriously the moment when I saw this hack I know I gotta do say something:
    BRILLIANT Idea man
    just plain brilliant
    I hope that you enjoy making this hacks, because you totally worth it, and releash more updates in the future
    Seriously we can't get enough hack like this one of yours

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This is definitely the best hack I've ever played.

How's the new beta coming along?

Will I have to start again from beginning once isn't downloaded?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2018
    I have played this about 4 hours now (strait) it is great so far

i did notice one very small minor bug affecting a single tile in mt. moon and only a perfectionist would care about fixing
    right after there is a little group chat near the stair case/latter one tile in in accessible (still registered as occupied use by a npc) i was head back to the poke center to heal when i found this
    the tile is here: i.imgur.com/n1Jo0R2l.png

The most frustrating part is the lack of prize money, if i can steal pokemon i should be able to sell them or turn them into management for rewards (if you did this, sorry i am not that far in the game yet)

Would it be feasible to make TMs reusable, i never use them cause if i do i never will be able to get them again?
    (edit: i see you addressed this all ready, what do you think about buying them at the rocket store?)

Ran into RED expecting lv 15 tops, at least i had one pkm not get 1 shot (beedrill)
    yea, if my rattata only knew endeavor and had a focus sash...
    got recked, but i got 2 hits in so...
    really enjoying the story line so far :)
    *made an account just to post this

EDIT:
    found a logic error, Pokemon stolen are not the same as in the battle
    here is how i found this out,
    1 encountered trainer
    2 growlith's intimidate cuts attack
    3 growleth get hit with dragon rage
    4 steal growleth
    5 and its ability flash fire (but i stole it cause it had intimidate)

I know it is a bit nit picky but nature, IVs, shiny, and ability should be preserved when stealing
    this would also make it harder to use a save state to get a desirable nature/ability (requiring you to re-battle the trainer)

on a side note i did rage quit after a accidentally loaded a save state and lost my brave technician scyther :(

another edit:
    i found the poke swears funny and a nice touch, figured i would mention this since i saw a few people who did not like it after skimming the entire thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2017
    I really like the rom hack. sadly without save states or being a master mind you get send to the beginning straight away if you do certain things wrong which pisses me off. Like taking the moon stone from the guy before talking to the guy will happen to be a insta reset. It really pisses me off sometimes.

Back