• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    Exams all done and ready to rock and roll again. Give me a couple of days to detox, and progress on Beta 3 will be back in full force. Positively twitching to get this thing out there. Thank you guys so much for the wait.

Thank you for updating this and keeping it going inbetween school years man, its easily my favorite hack, and the story is incredibly solid, cant wait for the next beta!

Crystalstar1551

Crystal
    Years
  • I went through the trouble of making an account on here just to post this comment. XD

Anyway, I've played the beta, and so far this is my favorite Pokemon fan-made game. The story is really good, and goes along with the original games very well. Some of the battles are pretty tricky, but I like that and it makes sense since we play as a member of Team Rocket. I really can't wait for this to be finished, keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    Just wanted to drop by and say I am loving the hack, it gives a new meaning to "got to catch 'em all".

Bug: Not sure if this is related to the already know freeze issue about emulators and if this has been reported before I apologize in advance but.... When in the rock tunnel the game tended to freeze if at the far end of a hikers line of sight. Happened multiple times over multiple NPC.
    https://gyazo.com/e4ee158b5d95902b3fd62fe456d0b7aa

Resetting and moving up one step would allow the encounter.
    https://gyazo.com/9b076360c409c2402200184e4aa5be2b

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2017
    Exams all done and ready to rock and roll again. Give me a couple of days to detox, and progress on Beta 3 will be back in full force. Positively twitching to get this thing out there. Thank you guys so much for the wait.
    Thank you guys so much. Really appreciate it.
    Updates will be much more frequent going forward, promise :) As to story details... you'll .

I created this account just to say that I can't wait for this to be finished... only just started as I'm new to the fanmade games but enjoying the storyline so far it's awesome!! Real good job dude.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2020
    When will the next update be? I've been waiting so long after the 4th mission, and OP said that they would update a month ago...
    Anyway, can't wait for the next update, and I'm loving the game!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2021
    Just wanna say I'm grateful for you and this hack, it's a hell of a lot better than the original game. Only thing I don't like is the fact of how long it's taken for the next update! Lol I'm just kidding, I know how time consuming hacking can be. Excited for the next update!

mc.ace19

of Spades
    Years
  • The cliffhanger K I L L E D me...

I swear I got severe trust issues towards games while playing this g**damn magnificent hack.

Holy fuuuudge... #the-trauma-is-real
    lmao xD

Kidding aside, this hack is just absolutely uncomparable to the other 'mc-is-a-rocket-member' hacks... and don't even let me get started on the f**ckin' backstory of the game. Noooo sirrr.

I legit can't wait for the next update... like, seriously!!!

oh my god... I still can't get over the cliffhanger...

Last edited:

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Guys: So sorry about the lack of updates. Rocket Edition v3 is under way, make no mistake. Punch me if the next post is without progress pics, k.

Just checking in on how everything's going. Congrats with finishing exams ColonelSalt and best wishes for your progress on the hack and also life out side of the hack as well :)

Thank you for updating this and keeping it going inbetween school years man, its easily my favorite hack, and the story is incredibly solid, cant wait for the next beta!

I went through the trouble of making an account on here just to post this comment. XD

Anyway, I've played the beta, and so far this is my favorite Pokemon fan-made game. The story is really good, and goes along with the original games very well. Some of the battles are pretty tricky, but I like that and it makes sense since we play as a member of Team Rocket. I really can't wait for this to be finished, keep up the good work!

This is the best hack ive played and i cant wait for the next update

I created this account just to say that I can't wait for this to be finished... only just started as I'm new to the fanmade games but enjoying the storyline so far it's awesome!! Real good job dude.

When will the next update be? I've been waiting so long after the 4th mission, and OP said that they would update a month ago...
    Anyway, can't wait for the next update, and I'm loving the game!

Just wanna say I'm grateful for you and this hack, it's a hell of a lot better than the original game. Only thing I don't like is the fact of how long it's taken for the next update! Lol I'm just kidding, I know how time consuming hacking can be. Excited for the next update!

The cliffhanger K I L L E D me...

I swear I got severe trust issues towards games while playing this g**damn magnificent hack.

Holy fuuuudge... #the-trauma-is-real
    lmao xD

Kidding aside, this hack is just absolutely uncomparable to the other 'mc-is-a-rocket-member' hacks... and don't even let me get started on the f**ckin' backstory of the game. Noooo sirrr.

I legit can't wait for the next update... like, seriously!!!

oh my god... I still can't get over the cliffhanger...

It means the world, guys. Thank you so much. I think you'll really enjoy what's coming up in Beta 3.

Hi, umm also one can obtain an EEVEE for free in Celadon city even before you steal your first pokemon idk if you have left that there intentionally or just forgot to block that, I thought I'd let you know. Sorry if this has been addressed before hand in the long pages of comments XD.
    Intentional ;)

Just wanted to drop by and say I am loving the hack, it gives a new meaning to "got to catch 'em all".

Bug: Not sure if this is related to the already know freeze issue about emulators and if this has been reported before I apologize in advance but.... When in the rock tunnel the game tended to freeze if at the far end of a hikers line of sight. Happened multiple times over multiple NPC.
    https://gyazo.com/e4ee158b5d95902b3fd62fe456d0b7aa

Resetting and moving up one step would allow the encounter.
    https://gyazo.com/9b076360c409c2402200184e4aa5be2b
    Thanks so much, man! And thanks for specific bug report. Will look into it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    Hi. I'm here to say i hate you a LOT because of that cliffhanger. My friend literally recommended this to me TODAY and i decided to download it a few hours ago. Ten minutes in and i'm already hooked & having a BLAST with a couple of level 10 or so Pok?mon, stealing left and right(i picked the girl's Pidgey). To me, the whole beta felt like thirty minutes at MOST instead of 2 hours. I beat Fuji's last mon with my level 29 Poliwhirl and headed to the base, confident that i'd get promoted to Admin even after Red swooped in. Then i find out Giovanni is about to reveal a very important part of the storyline...and then my smile disappears as i read the words "in the next beta release".

Seriously, i finished the beta with a full party consisting of a lvl 29 Jolteon, lvl29 Primeape, lvl29 Pidgeotto, lvl29 Poliwhirl, lvl29 Nidorino and a lvl29 Growlithe which i was planning to evolve after being promoted. You're evil man. I really hope you update BETA 3 soon, because i can't wait to return to this game at all.

Also, is there a way i can re-use my Beta 2.1 save? I want to pick up from where i left.

I also want to know if there's another good Team Rocket hack to entertain myself with while you're working on Beta 3.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hi. I'm here to say i hate you a LOT because of that cliffhanger. My friend literally recommended this to me TODAY and i decided to download it a few hours ago. Ten minutes in and i'm already hooked & having a BLAST with a couple of level 10 or so Pok?mon, stealing left and right(i picked the girl's Pidgey). To me, the whole beta felt like thirty minutes at MOST instead of 2 hours. I beat Fuji's last mon with my level 29 Poliwhirl and headed to the base, confident that i'd get promoted to Admin even after Red swooped in. Then i find out Giovanni is about to reveal a very important part of the storyline...and then my smile disappears as i read the words "in the next beta release".

Seriously, i finished the beta with a full party consisting of a lvl 29 Jolteon, lvl29 Primeape, lvl29 Pidgeotto, lvl29 Poliwhirl, lvl29 Nidorino and a lvl29 Growlithe which i was planning to evolve after being promoted. You're evil man. I really hope you update BETA 3 soon, because i can't wait to return to this game at all.

Also, is there a way i can re-use my Beta 2.1 save? I want to pick up from where i left.

I also want to know if there's another good Team Rocket hack to entertain myself with while you're working on Beta 3.
    The only gba rocket hacks that I'm aware of that are completed are, fuligin, rocket science, and rocket strike. The last 2 I have yet to play, so I don't know if they're good or not

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2017
    The only gba rocket hacks that I'm aware of that are completed are, fuligin, rocket science, and rocket strike. The last 2 I have yet to play, so I don't know if they're good or not

Never heard of Fuligin before. Will definitely check it out. Is it good though?

Years
  • Sorry if this sounds impatient of me, but is there an estimation on how long it will be until the next release? I ask this because I just played through this rom hack for the third time, and I can't wait for the continuation.

Also, I think that you clearly have plans for promotions of some kind for our character, but are there plans for outfit changes? Maybe once we get promoted we could choose an outfit from a pool of designs that you set up? Really just getting an admin outfit in general would be awesome.

Speaking of which, I was looking into team Rocket a little bit more, and I found out that they actually have letter based ranks.

(Note: This is somewhat anime based and only some of it is specifically in games. Although I believe that it is Gamefreak supported, so it should all be true.)

The first isn't letter based, but instead is the basic black uniform rocket grunts. Essentially they only outrank trainees.

Next is the "B Rank" agents, which are white. This is what Jessie and James wore in the anime originally.

Third is the "A Rank" agents, which are a lot like the grunt outfits and are black. The difference is that the A rank outfits have the same design as B rank, just black. While the grunts are a lot more simple and have more clear cut shirts and pants.

Second to last is the "A+ Rank" agents which wear silver outfits. Personally I think that they should be called S Rank agents, but maybe that's just me.

Finally, the admins. I assume that they are separate from other ranks, but I'm not sure. There really isn't much out there about the Rocket Admins (Or executives, whatever you want to refer to them as.) The four of them all seem to wear different outfits, so either that indicates their rank within the admins, or it indicates their role in Team Rocket.

Here is where I got most of this from: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket_uniform

Maybe I'm overthinking this, and you would prefer to keep it simple. IDK. I do know one thing though, and I'll try to put this as eloquently as possible.

Ariana is DUMB THICC.

Years
  • OH YOU ABSOLUTE GOD! I LOVE YOU! I felt like roaming around to try to get my team evenly leveled just in case the old save files worked, and I went through diglett cave. On the other end, there's a guy that GIVES YOU A FLASHLIGHT! It replaces flash! It's wonderful! I love you!

Years
  • Just finished it. Pretty great hack, thanks for the suggestion. The map is really big though, so it's a bit annoying until you get Fly.

Uhhh...what? You immediately get fly when you start. You steal the little girl's Pidgey or Spearow and the tech guy on the first level of the Rocket base gives you fly.

Back