• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Super Training Is Great Fun.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
  • So, I profess and admit I never really got into Natures and IVS/EVS until the past month really, but I've definitely dug into the science behind them, and from using Pokerus the first time in Sun and Ultra Moon, I've seen definite results. Pokemon that are great already reach entire new levels of power and strength. I just started doing Super Training Offered in Gen 6 last night and I've picked it back up today, and it's quite great fun and simple and very rewarding.

I've used Druddigon, Ampharos (HAHAHAHA YES MEGA AMPHAROS IS A DRAGON AND HAS THE HIGHEST SPECIAL ATTACK OF ALL DRAGONS NO LESS.) , and Dragonair so fair. Dragonair clearly seems to...outperform the others though. Clearing challenges in no time with not nearly as much effort needed nor time taken. Is it possible the higher the attributes the better the performance in general?

Absolute great feature from the PSS I wish would have lasted...(where have I heard that before????), especially since Gen 7 allowed you to visibily check EV/IVS.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    (HAHAHAHA YES MEGA AMPHAROS IS A DRAGON AND HAS THE HIGHEST SPECIAL ATTACK OF ALL DRAGONS NO LESS.)
    4th highest afaik, Ultra Necrozma, White Kyurem, and Mega Rayquaza all have a higher one

But yeah, it was nice that they finally gave some degree of transparency to EVs and gave a method to grind them without battling

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Super Training was pretty fun, I suppose. I do remember playing it a lot when I did play generation six back in the day. Making EV a fun mini game over cramming vitamins into your Pokemon is something I'd do any day, tbh. Although, it really is a shame Eevee didn't get some sort of evolution by training in Super Training. :| Oh well.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Hot take but I didn't care much for Super Training mini games at all. Yeah they were cute but got to the point of it being tedious, especially if you are training a Pokemon to max EVs and it's rendered moot due to hordes. However, I did like how useful it can be, able to see your party in the bottom screen and you can reset EVs. Making the EVs more visible (i.e. saying 252 Attack instead of max attack) would have been better.

Years
  • I tried it few times and while it was fun, it was really slow way to EV train Pokémon, so I quickly dropped it.

Back