• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Prologue

Which polls do you want to see first?

• Fire

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Water

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Grass

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Electric

• Psychic

• Ice

• Dragon

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Dark

• Fairy

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Steel

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Ghost

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Bug

• Rock

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ground

• Poison

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Fighting

• Flying

• Normal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Strap in everyone- it's time to get ready for the second annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Polls, once again hosted by yours truly. Last year's tournament turned out to be quite the success, with close to 1000 voters tallying up more than 3000 votes during the 21-week span. Last year's winning Pokémon were Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar, but with members always coming and going here at the PokéCommunity, and with many new Pokémon added since the inception of this tournament, this will continue to be a yearly event to determine the favorite Pokémon of the community as a whole.

While last year's tournament was a success, it spanned for nearly half a year when you include some of the small breaks in between, which led to a lower participation number than expected some weeks. This time around, we'll be running 2 polls per week, so that we should have our champion(s) by some point in mid-November, rather than February if we were on the old schedule.

Another change is that this year, legendary Pokemon will be included in the regular polls, rather than getting their own seperate ones at the end of preliminary voting. This might mean fewer spots available in certain type categories, but the 'Other' option will be added to the polls again this year, so if you're favorite Pokémon isn't listed, be sure to let us know who we missed out on. If there's enough support for a Pokémon (as we've seen in the past for Pokémon like Breloom), they can still be added to the poll.

Even though the two legendary polls are being removed this year, we'll still have an even 20 polls before the final, which brings us to our final new addition this year- Wildcard Polls. As seen last year, some Pokémon we're either tied for first place, or just one or two votes behind in their categories, but didn't get the opportunity to move on. With the addition of the Wildcard Polls, these Pokémon will get one more chance at claiming a spot in the final, and possibly a shot at the title of PokéCommunity's Favorite Pokémon!

Now with that said, it wouldn't be an FPT thread without a poll, right? Since we're going to be doing two polls every week, I'd like to know which ones you guys want to see first, as I've got no real preference of order. Pick as few or as many of the type options as you'd like, and the two with the most votes before the tournament begins on Friday will be our first two polls.

Hope you guys are as excited for the Favorite Pokémon Tournament as I am!

Years
  • I can't wait. I am ranking, listing, and polling obsessed!

I voted for Grass, Water, and Fire...since I tend to use those types a lot, as I imposed a trio requirement to my teams.

Next, I voted for fairy type (I originally thought the type name sounded stupid inially). I don't think we had enough time to really assess the fairies last time around, but now, after a bit of XY experience, fairies deserve more appreciation/discussion.

Also, I voted Dragon and Poison. Mostly to represent my love for Mega Altaria, and her amazing dragon/fairy typing, as well as Dragalge, my favorite new addition to the pokemon series.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I voted for Fire, Electric, Dragon, and Steel, since those are my favorite types. I also threw in votes for Rock and Fairy because there's some cool Rock types, and Fairy cuz why not?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I went for grass, steel and poison. Grass and steel because they're my favorite types and poison because new life was breathed into it this past generation and we need to celebrate!!!!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Grass and electric for me. Almost all of my favourite Pokémon are in those two categories and what better way to kick off a favourite Pokémon poll than to pick your favourite types. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've went with fire, considering that many of my favorite Pokémon are categorized in this group, including Vulpix, Ninetales, Blaziken, and Charizard. Alongside, I also picked dragon, due to similar reasons.

I wanted to vote for fairy, too, since it's a new type and all, but forgot to select it. Oh well, though; it honestly no biggie. It's going to get featured at some point, so that's good!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I voted Electric, Psychic, Ice and Steel. I didn't pick any of the starter types - because it'll be nice to start off with something different :)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Voted for Psychic, Ghost and Poison. Since I like quite a lot of pokemon with those types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back