• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Mega Evolution

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
  • Another day of wondering for me and seeing a pokemon commercial the other day got me thinking; which has been the best mega evolution so far? Could it be Garchomp with his upgrade on claws, or Blastoise with his new cannons? Thus, is why I resorted to what PC thinks.

So which Mega Evolution is for you? It can be one in XY like Blaziken or new ones introduced in ORAS. For me, I think Mega Altaria is badass. Don't believe me? Check out my signature. I'm so an Altaria fan. I mean the deadly combination of Fairy and Dragon makes this one awesome! And just check out the design! Totally awesome!

Still, who do you think is the best?

Years
  • My favorite XY mega is Blaziken. Blaziken was the first Pokemon I raised to level 100 in Gen 6, because I used Mega Blaziken so freaking much. I didn't think Blaziken could be anymore overpowered than it was, but GameFreak did, and created this Mega. Plus its design is amazing!

My favorite ORAS mega is Lopunny. I like its design, being cute and tough. Also, this thing will hit hard, so I may just pick one while playing one of the games.

Years
  • I don't know about the best but my favourite in X/Y was definitely Mega Manectric! :) Not gonna lie though when I first saw it I kinda thought it looked a bit ridiculous lol, but I've since grown very fond of it :) It's the only permanent Mega I've kept on my team and I love the animation for Thunder, it just goes perfectly with its design :)

Runner-up would maybe be Mega Houndoom, I've not used it but it looks cool :)

As for ORAS, Mega Sceptile!!!! My oh my I cannot WAIT to use it, regardless of stats or anything it just looks amazing, one of the best designs I've ever seen (bear in mind I may be exaggerating just a little on account of how excited I am haha) xD

Runner-up in this case might be Mega Gallade actually, they've managed to make a Pokémon I've previously had no interest in before become pretty interesting to me now lol :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thus far, one of my most favorite megas would be Blastoise. It's got gargantuan amount of bulk, and could withstand plenty of hits. At one point, it was able to endure three Thunderbolt attacks when I was battling against my friend online, and it managed to surprise me quite a bit, especially since it's super-effective against this Pokémon. Its design is also pretty tough-looking, which complements its battling ability very nicely, if you ask me.

Another is Mega-Altaria. Although I have no idea how good or bad it is in terms of battling, I still like its appearance. To me, it looks very beautiful. It's got some major amount of cloud surrounding its entire body, and had it existed in real life, I'm sure it would be much amusing to see such a thing following you around behind.

Few of my other favorites are Garchomp, Salamence, Lucario, Blaziken, and Gallade.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Best ones would have to be Banette, Mawile, Gardevoir, and Sceptile. These designs are interesting to me yet not over the top like some of them. In the case of Banette and Mawile I think those should of been actual evolutions as they're done really well and fit their lines nicely and they could use them.

Years
  • I think the best Mega Evolutions so far are both Mega Charizards, considering their brute strength and how easy they are to use, and their designs are really cool to me, especially Mega Charizard X.

Other than that, I also like Mega Ampharos and Houndoom, even if they aren't the best out there compared to most others. Mega Altaria looks pretty good so far, but we'll have to see its stats.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • It's good to see that people agree on some level that Altaria is a cool Mega evolution! Mega Ampharos, that's okay with me even though we already have an electric dragon. Nevertheless, it's good to see yet another Special Dragon Attacker. Mega Charizard, that is so beast! Plus, Charizard is my favorite Pokémon! The first fire type ever! And I really prefer X over the Y mega. Y seems ifish to me. Gardevoir, that fairy, you can't hate at all, mainly because her Mega is ready to go to the Cinderella ball!

(Happy because this is my 1000 post :))

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I've never used it yet, but I'm guessing Altaria will be fun to use. ;) I'm a fan of Altaria on its own, but seeing it get a mega evolution was a nice surprise. Especially with its typing, Mega Altaria will be popular, I'm sure. So far its my favorite mega evolution along with Sceptile, who got a much needed secondary type and Gardevoir, who's just awesome.

Years
  • Mega Venusaur. My competitive team is built around this guy. It's a beast at defense and stalling. Glad to see it succeed too since I've always loved the Bulbasaur line.

Back