• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

YuhEFV8.jpg
--------------------------------------

beldum.gif
|
piplup.gif
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

CORINNA MONDRAGON​

----

The window to the dorm room was opened to let the gentle breeze caress Corrina's skin. A tall wooden chair held the girl's posterior right in front of the source of wind, strands of hair dancing amidst the dust particles the sunlight illuminated.

Facing her was a laptop whose screen housed her brother's exhausted expression. One would believe he was her twin; he owned a pair of similar emerald eyes, short yet bushy ivory hair, and sun-kissed tan skin. Unlike her however, he approached life in a carefree manner. Outgoing, athletic, and playful were only a few of the words used to describe the man.

He watched as Corrina stared at the door, mind deep at work. Hands were intertwined, holding her chin high whilst her elbows rested just before her knees.

"Just go find Pokémon weak against the penguin's typing and make your life easier," Troy repeated from the flickering device, attempting to ease her. "You're getting worked up over one failure, don't sweat it."

"I need to do better," Corrina replied, body never budging.

"You went ahead and didn't think twice about facing off against your own Pokémon's weakness," he breathed out, followed by a quick yawn. "Even I knew there was a chance losing is... you know, very possible." He didn't receive a response, prompting him to resort to his "dancing" eyebrows. And so he did. For seconds. Minutes.

Corrina wasn't budging, to Troy's dismay, who had hoped she'd sneak a peek at his clowning. "Only Beldum has been in actual battles. This was your Piplup's first... don't pressure her just yet. Besidesssss..." From the screen his upper body blurred out of view, to which caught Corrina's attention out of the corner of her eye. A door was heard creaking.

Minutes later Troy returned with a small, cute, brightly wrapped box in hand. "See this?" Again his sister gave no response as his hands twisted the box at a ridiculously slow pace to showcase his gift. Once he accepted the fact she wouldn't reply he reacted. "This is where you say yes Troy, I see that cute box you're holding," he remarked to her silence while attempting to mimic her voice.

At last she chuckled, rare smile surfacing. "Ah-HA! FINALLY!" Troy rejoiced prior to suddenly regaining composure. "Butthisisacake."

The girl blinked. "It's a... what?"

"S'acake."

"A sa... what?"

"Ze'cake."

"A... cake?"

"...ze'cake." Its contents were opened, yet the camera wasn't at the right angle to behold its beauty. "Oh wait, whoooooopsie," he murmured upon this realization. The laptop from which the camera was attached to was then lifted and turned to face the cake at bird's eye view.

It was a peanut butter chocolate delight. Corrina's favorite.

A sheepish smile erupted from her, cheeks flustered from the detail. "Eeeeey? So what do you think? I know I know we already celebrated your departure-"

She sighed at the gesture. "I can't accept it, you like it more than I do-"

"Who ever said I was going to give it to yooouuuu?" he sang his reply, hands delicately closing the baked gift as she rolled her eyes at his behavior. "Of course you're not going to have this one. It's mine. Your cake is on its way."

"Trooooy, nooo, why?" she cried out, reluctant to accept it. "That's your money-"

"To which I will use however I wish!" the brother interrupts, finger raised in defiance. "Love it. Eat it. Cheriiissssh it!" The two siblings continued in their chatter, topics constantly hopping from one subject to the next without transition.

The cake on the digital screen made her stomach growl in due time. It didn't help that he was devouring it before her eyes, spoon slamming into the dessert out of the joy of seeing Corrina's irritated reaction. But nothing triumphed over the one instance the eating utensil comically bypassed the food and scratched the metallic desk out of screen. "PRIIIIIICELESS!" Troy had said with a mouthful of frosting during her torture.

But like any adult the man had to eventually depart from the screen, leaving Corrina to her musings. Silence engulfed the room afterwards, as is always for Corrina. Music distracts her, unless the mood arises to where she scavenges the net for her preferred.

Training sounds enticing, yet she was reminded that Piplup already went through enough for today. Albeit she feels differently, she would much rather respect his wishes... to an extent. He would never be aware, now would he? Simple training with Beldum sounds wonderful.

Ideas for this poured into Corrina, fumbling with each until a few had been randomly selected. Yet amidst the pondering her mind had wandered, eyes staring upon the edge of her desk.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png
2j3de2g.png

Eggs and Breeding classroom

Rylie looked around the room quietly, was nobody going to volunteer? In fact, now that she looked, the classroom seemed rather lethargic. A good number of the seats seemed empty while those that were there were either looking rather bored or quietly looking around just as she was. Quietly she shifted in her seat as she debated with herself, on one hand she was feeling somewhat bad for the teacher, on the other she didn't want to make an impression on the first day of class… perhaps that's what everyone else is thinking as well.

After a short moment that felt like an eternity Rylie gave a bit of a soft sigh before scooting back in her seat, slowly standing while raising her hand at the same time. "I'll do it." She asserted before making her way up towards the front of the class, not really waiting for a response from the teacher. She tensed up slightly knowing the entire room was likely looking at her right now.

Slowly she made her way to the trolley of eggs, all her focus being used to keep her composure in a vein attempt to look relaxed. Making it to the cart she gave it a bit of a look over, unsure of whether she was supposed to touch them or not. "Well, they're a lot bigger than I thought, they have a bit of a colorful pattern to them as well." She said, giving a rather simple description, looking towards Brock instead of the rest of the class in attempt to keep herself calm.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
O3rH3yy.gif
Naomi Junn
Pokémon Academy
The First Class

Current Party​
0ILsiTX.png
nCDP7jq.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory​
pokeball.png
- x3 Poké Balls
potion.png
- x5 Potions
antidote.png
- x1 Antidote
oranberry.png
- x1 Oran Berry​

"What a perfect little world ya must live in..." Naomi muttered, rolling her eyes at Maylene's response.

Honestly, it really did piss the girl off. There were several factors that the pink-haired, martial arts expert was simply taking under assumption. Whether or not that had to deal with her own naivety of the world around her or if she was simply choosing to ignore facts of the world around her, Naomi couldn't be sure. Still, the brown-haired girl found herself inclined to press her instructor a bit on the situation.

"Ya make it sound like it's all so cut and dry. Let's take it a step further, yeah? What happens when ya ain't got the Pokémon to defend yourself with? What then? What happens when ya find yourself in a situation where runnin' ain't exactly gonna be an answer?" Naomi questioned rather bluntly. "Look, I get that these little guys we train are there to protect us and all that crap, but let's get real. Not everyone in the world is blessed with a lifelong companion that has the ability to shoot thunder and fire from its butt. Not to mention the fact that every person in the world ain't gonna be willin' to just let things end because your precious Pikachu fainted after a beat down... Trust me on this one, it ain't all so black and white."

She paused, glancing over in Desmond's direction from the corner of her eyes. "Plus, there are scumbags out there that ain't afraid to have their Pokémon just attack a person for no damn reason."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Stay In School, Kids

"Not a bad question. There are a number of ways you can get yourself out of a sticky situation and most of them involve being prepared, which is always good to do. Some Pokemon can learn moves like Teleport to take you to safety, or Roar to frighten wild Pokemon away. And, sure, you could also throw a Pokeball at a Pokemon. Even if you don't think you'll capture it the time they're struggling against the capsule could be used to get away - but you'll feel pretty silly if when you get to the Pokemon Center you realise you've got a Pokeball with a Pokemon registered to it way out in the wilds."

Maylene rubbed the back of her neck absently while she continued. "You use Repels too, but most of these solutions suggest you're dealing with a wild Pokemon and not someone with bad intentions. It's a lot harder to run away from a determined Trainer and their Pokemon than it is from just a wild Pokemon after all." She nodded to Naomi, taking in the girls points. "We've seen time and time again that there are people out there who will use Pokemon for their own ends, even right here on the Island and they usually don't have ideals about fair play or sportsmanship. As for people who don't have Pokemon, yes, there are those. But this is a Pokemon Trainers Academy, so we'll be focusing on lessons that apply to you as Pokemon Trainers first and foremost - so try to keep your outbursts in check. But let's take a look at a real example using the sorts of people you're talking about, okay? We don't talk about it very much, but there was once an issue with Team Rocket here on Oak Island, and the way it was handled is another form of self defense you might not think of straight away. Does anyone know what the key was in dealing with that situation, or have any guesses? It's a lesson you should all take with you going forward."

***​

Brock nodded, "Their size can sometimes vary a little bit, but it's usually about the same. That means if we don't know which Pokemon produced an egg we can't use size to determine what might hatch from it. The same size egg could result in a Joltik or an Onix. Even how a Pokemon emerges from their egg seems to be variable, some hatch from it by breaking through the shell and others come from it in a manner similar to evolution. The colouring and pattern is usually a better way to tell what might be inside. Plainer eggs like this one," he indicated the one closest to him, a pristine white egg, "would be more likely to result in something like a Normal Type, or possibly an Ice Type Pokemon. While this," he pointed out the one next to it, an egg that was a swirl of muddy greens and murky purples, "would probably hatch into a Grass or Poison type. Would you like to hold any of them? It's okay if you don't," he chuckled, "some people are understandably nervous about picking them up."

***​

Cynthia took in what her class had to say and smiled slightly, apparently pleased with their answers. "Yes, I'm saying it's a possibility some researchers ascribe to that there may be more than one of some of the Legendary Pokemon, but it's an unproven theory. After all, we don't know everything there is to know about Pokemon in general, let alone these very special cases. Unfortunately a lot of what we discuss today is going to be conjecture, but examining our preconceptions and looking at alternative opinions is one of the best ways you can broaden your horizons. And if we're who determine a Pokemons status, are there other criteria we haven't talked about yet, like is a Pokemon still Legendary if it hasn't been discovered and classified yet, or does it only become a Legendary figure once we've said it does? Some people might refer to an individual Pokemon of a species as legendary also - such as one of Lances dragons or the well known Metagross belonging to Steven Stone. But let's take for granted for a moment that we, as humans, decide whether a Pokemon qualifies as Legendary or not. With that in mind, and think this through..."

She paused as she walked around her desk, tapping a finger on the Master Ball she had brought with her. "If I told you this contained a Legendary Pokemon, would you believe that it does? And don't be afraid to explain your reasoning either way."

***​

"Those are all, honestly, excellent answers," Sabrina smiled, "You're quite right. Psychic Type Pokemon are able to sense our emotions, intentions or even our exact thoughts. This means that they often respond to what we feel and think much more than what we say. This can be a blessing, as they rarely require as much time as other Pokemon to develop a bond of trust because they know whether you mean them good or ill straight away. But they can also pick up on our uncertainty or hesitance, if they know that we're unsure of them it can make it more difficult for them to place their faith in us."

"Rosa here is quite right too." Sabrina nodded in her direction, somehow knowing the girls name! Oh right, psychic. "Even we can't always be entirely sure how we think or feel about things, so our Psychic Pokemon may actually know what we're thinking before we're entirely conscious of it, which can lead to misunderstandings between us. Not to mention that this is generally a one way street. They can read us like an open book but their feelings and motivations are often much more closed off to us, so a lot of people struggle with Psychic Types. I have a bias, naturally, but I believe becoming truly in sync with your Psychic Type Pokemon is one of the marks of a truly dedicated Trainer. For example, Rosa here has an Espeon with her, one of the so called 'Eeveelutions'. Eevee can only evolve into an Espeon when they already have a strong bond of trust and friendship with their Trainer, which means Rosa has already overcome some of the hurdles we've discussed before her Pokemon developed psychic traits. But it's one of very few Pokemon who gain the Psychic type in this fashion."

She leaned back in her chair a little, surveying the room. "You seem to have a strong grasp on some of these principles, so I won't continue to hammer them home too hard. We have a mix of people here today, some who already have Psychic Pokemon and some who do not, so why don't you all ask me some questions? I believe looking at some of your specific concerns or queries might be just as informative as me droning on."

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton - Master Ball

Arwyn was intrigued by Cynthia's question. A legendary, in her Pokéball? That.. couldn't be, can it? But.. Cynthia is a legendary trainer..... Arwyn decided to raise his hand. He spoke in a quiet tone: ''Well.... I would.. you are a legendary trainer after all... people in Undella Town were always saying you could do anything, like save the world.''

Arwyn immediatly became shy. He can't believe he just said that! He took the hood and pulled it over his head, awaiting an answer.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric thought about the master ball for a moment before jumping to the conclusion that the Master Ball can catch any Pokemon without failure.

He answered "Since the Master Ball can catch any Pokemon with little effort, it is likely that it contains a very powerful Pokemon, at the very least on par with ones depicted in legends." He paused to breathe, intentionally giving his fellow students a chance to answer.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Mythology Class (Day 2)

Lucas stared at the Master Ball, wondering what was inside. It makes sense to have a Legendary in a Master Ball, being that the Ball itself and Legendaries are extremely rare, but I doubt she would bring a Legendary Pokemon into the classroom. The Ball could also be painted, but it looks too real for that. Maybe it's one of her other Pokemon, like her Garchomp,
which is considered a Psuedo-Legendary,
he thought. Lucas raised his hand,, ready with an answer. Once he was called upon, he wasted no time in giving his answer. "I think it's your Garchomp in there." he stated.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney finally staggered into the Pokemon Center in the Academy, panting for breath as she reached the counter and placed the Pokeball into the reception tray. Nurse Joy didn't seem flustered by the appearance of an exhausted Trainer, it wasn't abnormal for a defeated student to turn up like this looking for care for their Pokemon. She simply turned from the paperwork she had been doing and took the tray.

"W-wait!" Sydney wheezed out. "It's a - it's an Elgyem, I think... I - don't - I don't remember catching it or - or anything else from... from today!"
Nurse Joy quirked an eyebrow at the Pokeball, but that was the extent of her reaction. "I understand dear, take a seat. We'll confirm the species and have somebody come talk to you in a little while. Don't worry - we've encountered this sort of thing before. Everything is going to be just fine," she smiled reassuringly.

Sydney nodded and dragged herself over to one of the chairs in the waiting area, collapsing into it with a huff of breath she didn't think she had left in her. Relief started to spread through her knowing that professionals were going to be helping her out here... but... that didn't always matter, did it? She tried to push those thoughts away and chase off the memories - why couldn't those ones have been erased? There was nothing more she could do right now except wait to see what the grown ups had to say.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant remembered the rumors about that incident with Team Rocket... though he never really got to hear much about it in detail. Just that several students were brought together to help fight them off. Teamwork sounded like such a corny answer though but he could't really think of anything else to answer with.

"I figured most of the students stuck together for that sort of thing? Fighting a big group like that alone probably isn't a smart idea anyways. Going at it alone just dosn't seem to be realisticly possible..." Ivrant spoke out. He heard rumors of a trainer taking down Team Rocket at one point but that just sounded silly... there's no way that could possibly be real. You'd have to be some kind of prodigy to take down a criminal gang like Team Rocket on your own. Ivrant couldn't exactly think of a good answer past sticking together though. He was interested in all of these details though! The rest of the class sure got quiet though... now Ivrant was worried he was coming off to much like some kind of try hard!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Brains over Emotions

Desmond was partly annoyed and partly proud. For one, he was wrong about Ivrant's answer being wrong, even if he still stood by his point. At least he had been right as well, naturally. After all, he had experienced this stuff better than anyone here, save for Maylene probably. He wasn't about to be upstaged in a class he literally lived for 3 years.

He leaned back in his seat while the class continued talking. A few other random students spoke up, even the Monferno girl next to him, but none of them said anything remotely impactful or noteworthy so no need to pay attention to them. Desmond soon found him zoning out only to be brought back by Naomi's voice. It was like he could sense the hate from her voice, directed right at him. Scumbag eh? Last he checked, it was her that attacked him first, leaving some mementos on his shoulders as a parting gift. He was just doing what he had to. He'd have retorted back too if weren't for Maylene changing the subject. He would just have to let it go.

Team Rocket. Desmond had heard various snippets of conversation back in Orre through the grapevine. All he knew was that they took Pokemon in some regions by the name of Kanto and Johto some time ago but that not much had been heard from them in awhile. Guess that was wrong considering what had just been said. Desmond thought about the question, harking back to his own experiences with Daro. Having others around was definitely important. Pretty much impossible to beat an organization or do a mission by one's self. The guy who beat Cipher back in the day was an outlier. Mixture of amazing ability and Cipher's ineptitude. Desmond had a different thought though.

"Communication...strategy...planning, however you want to say it. Can't take down an organization like that otherwise. No matter how gifted you are."

Last edited:
Years
y53yvPB.png
2j3de2g.png

Eggs and Breeding classroom

Rylie gave Brock a somewhat confused look, finding it rather daunting to believe something like an onyx appearing from one of these eggs. How would that even work anyway, are the eggs Pokémon themselves or something? Rylie quickly dismissed the thought though as the teacher began to speak again, not wanting to be caught daydreaming she paid attention once more.

"No! No no… Not nervous at all!" Rylie lied, with a shake of her head. Quickly scanning over the cart, she picked out the first egg that caught her eye, a bright blue one with a yellow base and white circles. Trying to pick it up with one hand she was surprised by its weight and quickly moved her other hand to support. "They're a bit heavier than they look, kind of sturdy feeling as well… Would this one be a water type or something? I don't really get the yellow part, but it makes sense to me."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira: Breeding and Eggs Class

Dallas had been one of the first to arrive in his class. He continued to read the book as he waited for class to start. He watched others enter to class room, but most didn't seem to be too thrilled with being in class.

For the most part, Dallas stayed to himself. He would answer a question here and there that some of the other students around him had asked, but they were mainly questions like where he was from.

He was relieved when class finally began. Brock, his teacher, had asked what everyone knew about eggs and although Dallas knew some, he didn't answer. After a few moments, he reveled pokemon eggs and instantly, Dallas became more willing to take part in class. He had always loved seeing different types of eggs. He watched as one girl approached the cart and after a few more words, she picked up an egg.

"I wouldn't mind looking at the eggs as well." Dallas said, already out of his chair, walking toward the front of the class. He took up a spot next to the pokemon eggs, but he gave the girl enough room so she could move around with the egg if she wanted to.

"I have always enjoyed looking at all the different eggs. I have never seen so many at once though." Dallas said, but did not pick up an egg yet.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
4mGgxnX.png

Level 11
Moves
xkYVNey.png
DaIxMHU.png

Level 11
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
...Well that turned out well! Silvana felt briefly proud of herself. It wasn't as if she'd never thought about being a psychic. It was just that she'd never been able to awaken any psychic potential in herself. That was one aspect of being a psychic she didn't understand, and perhaps the most obvious question she could think of. Raising her hand, Silvana waited to be called on--Silvana waited to be called on--seeing as things would probably get chaotic if students didn't give Sabrina some room to reply after each question. " . . . Where does psychic power come from?" Silvana innocently asked once it became her turn. "Like--I know it comes from the mind, but what gives it its strength? What separates someone like me from someone like you? Or someone who can lift a pebble from someone who can lift a boulder?" Silvana then went on to explain. With her potions, the source of the power they granted her was her own knowledge. She knew the recipes, therefore she had the power. If she wanted a better potion, she needed a better recipe. Yet, psychics appeared to have no such secret that gave them their strength! Something else entirely was giving them their power, something that might not even be able to be learned or distilled into a potion. But what was it..? She'd never know for sure until she identified the source for sure.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

YuhEFV8.jpg
--------------------------------------

beldum.gif
|
piplup.gif
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

CORINNA MONDRAGON​

----

The sunlight rays basked Corrina's room in warm sunshine. Amongst the items that were absorbing the heat was Piplup's teetering pokéball located at the edge of the bed.

Click! went the pokéball upon landing on the floor, an alarming sound for the young trainer who had been indulging in her books. "Wait nonononono!" Her hands dropped the book and shot out, as if their movements could stop the critter from making her appearance.

Out came Piplup from a red beam of light, flippers proudly pressed against her hips in victory. Yet, Corrina wasn't as excited to see her companion.

Corrina let out a sigh, body slumping against the soft Registeel plush. Its texture made her skin shiver from delight, a sudden smirk plastered on her face.

Pip pip! Piplup! The penguin marched around the dorm room, hoping for an idea to materialize out of thin air. Unfortunately none came, nor did Corrina pay her heed. Instead she took joy in reading about Kanto's Pokémon, determined to memorize as many species as she could.

Piplup. Pip pip piiiiiip! she whined, itching to spend time with her trainer. "Nuh-uh." Piiiiiiiip. Pipipipipipipipip- The cry continued on, forcing Corrina to slowly lower her literature enough to display her half-lidded eyes. While she wasn't annoyed she didn't appreciate the disturbance.

-pipipipipipip. "You just went outside an hour or two ago," she reminded her, but she denied the allegation with the excessive shake of her head. "Did you forget you got hurt?" There was a blank look in return. "You fainted, remember?" Corrina continued, book closed and set aside. Again, there was a blank look on her Piplup.

...pipipipipipipipipipip-

Defeated and unwilling to start a conflict, Corrina stood up and prepared for an outing. The book was returned to the bookshelf, bag slipped on, jacket left behind on the chair, and map hesitantly lifted from her desk.

As soon as the door was creaked open the penguin halted their whining, eyes fixated on the opening pathway to the hallway. The silence brought relief to Corrina. "If we're going to do something outside it might as well be in the outdoors training one of you," she mumbled to nobody in particular, door left open for Piplup to follow.

They made their way out of the dorms and into the outside, light blinding Corrina's sight. Piplup came running behind, body awkwardly slipping inbetween Corrina's legs in anticipation of what's to come. Truth be told Corrina was attached to the penguin thanks to their awkward nature, never realizing she looks like a dork half the time.

The pool reflected the fluorescent lights above, trembling and ever-changing as trainers and Pokémon alike frolicked in its waters. Amongst them was Piplup, never afraid to strike up a conversation with other fellow water-types.

Meanwhile Corrina stared into the iridescent waters, refusing to enter despite the looks received as the penguin attempted to convince her every so often. But little did they know she could not swim. It wasn't a priority for Corrina, and furthermore the knowledge that Piplup was an avid swimmer eased her mind. Were she to be in peril then she can call for the help of Piplup.

Corrina took a good look at the map, her back to the pool to prevent it from getting soaked.

"Hmph. I don't know where to go next really-" Pipluuuuup! The voice of destruction interrupted her train of thought, hands slightly wrinkling the map out of being startled. "Not now, Piplup, figuring out where to go," she murmured, not expecting the penguin to hear.

Suddenly a loud holler from Piplup stunned Corrina, making her turn out of worry. But what she saw wasn't danger, no... it was a splash of water heading her way. Piplup had leaped into the pool from a jumping board.

Both Corrina and the map got drenched in chlorinated water, eyes immediately stinging. A surge of frustration and embarrassment rippled through her body, eyes witnessing the colors on the map disperse and blend into a coherent mess.

...pip? the penguin inquired, a flipper tapping her beak in curiosity. She was oblivious to Corrina's emotions, grimace plastered firmly. "Let's... go," she forced out, returning Piplup back to her pokéball.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

Keep it Classy

Maylene nodded to both Ivrant and Desmond. "Teamwork and communication, in a nutshell, community. If we live our lives as loners then we're always going to be more vulnerable to predators whether they be wild Pokemon or other people. But if we remain part of a community then we're both safer and stronger. In the same way that we need our Pokemon to help us we also need other people because no one can do everything by themselves. It can be hard sometimes to accept help from others but not only is it one of the best ways to make sure you stay safe it's one of the best ways to grow stronger too. We can all train until we're blue in the face but without someone else to spar or battle against you'll always find that your growth hits a wall."

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ing! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-ing!

Maylene looked to the ceiling as the bell rang, signalling the end of class. "Well, I guess that's it for today! Remember - trust your Pokemon, build a community! These are the safest ways to stay safe! Oh, also, Fighting Types are great, I guess we didn't get around to that!" She laughed as students were already packing their things up and getting ready to leave, eager to stretch their legs.

***​

Brock beamed, happy to see another student getting involved in the class. "Water Type is a good guess, when their Eggs display colour blue is the most common one to see. The markings could be an indicator of a secondary type, or even of what specific Pokemon might hatch from it. The yellow could indiciate a Surskrit or a Buizel." He waved a hand, chuckling. "But unless you find an Egg with its parents it's incredibly difficult to be certain. And you're right, they're not so delicate as people think they are, but they still require a lot of care. One of the things we do know for sure is that in the same way having a Trainer helps a Pokemon grow stronger than it would normally be able to do in the wild, being around humans also appears to help these Eggs develop faster. Some breeders even believe that the amount of emotional care we show them plays a factor too."

Brock blinked... or did he? It was kind of hard to tell. "Oh, well I guess that's time - I'm sorry class I thought we'd get a lot more done today! Uh, would you two mind staying behind for a second to give me a hand with the trolley?" He asked both Rylie and Dallas. What was this - extra credit?

***​

"Well, you've all based your answers on three key points," Cynthia began, "First, that I am a Pokemon Trainer of..." She cleared her throat, "...some renown, so you find it plausible that I would capture a Legendary Pokemon. Second, that the ball in question is a Master Ball, so would only be used to capture something particularly special. And third, that because this is the Mythology class you're expecting to see something special. Correct?"

"However - you all failed to take into account the very discussion we've been having, that we are the ones who classify Pokemon. So whatever this Pokeball contains is a Pokemon worthy of legend so long as we believe it is. In the same way, all of your Pokemon can become legendary, albeit with a lower case letter L. The only thing stopping people from spreading tales of your Pokemon is your own determination and drive to succeed. As for what is really inside the Master Ball..." She said, reaching out to press the button with one finger.

Cynthia smiled, almost mischievously and pulled her hand away. "Well, you'll have to wonder. Remember, as scholars you should always question your preconceptions, don't take things for granted. Class dismissed." Had she timed that somehow? Incredible!

***​

Sabrina seemed to give some real thought to the question Silvana had before giving her answer. "Without going into what science has been able to determine, which isn't as much as you might think, I believe it to be no different from any other talent. One person may be an excellent painter while another simply doesn't have the eye for it, or the co-ordination or patience, but both people can still improve over time no matter where their natural talents start them off. So as with anything else some people are just naturally gifted, but you can certainly train your power. My abilities are much stronger now than they were when I was a child for example because I've continued to refine them over the years."

"When I said earlier that not everyone in this class may have the ability to awaken their psychic potential, what I really meant is that for some of you the effort would not be worth the result. You could train for years and achieve nothing more than heightening your intuition - those seemingly irrational gut feelings you get sometimes - or being able to snap a dry twig. But I do believe everyone has some psychic potential. That instinct you have when someone is watching you or knowing that you need to phone home for some reason. As for where it actually comes from, I think it's related to-"

"...I suppose I should have seen that coming, shouldn't I? Prediction was always more Olympia's thing anyway. I want you all to think about our discussion today. The value of restraint and the particular nature of forming a bond with Psychic Type Pokemon. Class dismissed."

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Day 2 (On the dorms)

Cyan finaly arrived at the Entei dorms. Outside, a massive Entei statue towered over him. Entei isn't Cyan's favorite legendary dog, but even he had to admit that Entei looked amazing. He heard the bell, and noticed that most students would start to come back to their dorms now. Fearing having to interact with more people (and feeling Stranger Danger chills), he quickly got inside. That's when he remembered; he doesn't have the key to his room, and neither he knows where it is. So, after a quick stop to the reception, he was back with a key for his room. "E128, hmm... let's see..." Cyan murmured to himself as he tried to find his room. After a couple of minutes, he found room 128.

"Alright... please work... Yes!"
The door opened, and Cyan walked inside. There wasn't really much inside, just an empity desk, a bed and a box with his belongings. Not a whole lot really, the box had his clothes, his laptop, a few books and stuff for his bed. Cyan quickly packed everything up, then released Lara. Lara looked around the room for a couple of minutes, and decided to make a bed under the desk. Tesla jumped to the power plug. Thankfully, Tesla is small, so he doesn't drain a lot of eletricity. Cyan though, was focused on the pokeball in his hand.

Inside, there was a Pinsir that he caught not long ago. Cyan had no idea of what to do with that thing. Looking for ideas, he checks his Pokedex, and looks at Pinsir's entry "It grips prey with its powerful pincers and will not let go until the prey is torn in half." Well, that wasn't very comforting, was it? Cyan was scared, he had to talk with killer bug that could split him in half. He grabbed a Leppa berry, in case the monster was hungry. He pressed the button on the Pokeball, and a blue beam came shooting out of it, materialising into the bug.

"Heeeyyyy... Buddy. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat this Berry? Not me, just the berry." Pinsir looked at Cyan, stared at it for a few moments, and then moved it's gaze to the berry. It quickly grabbed it with it's hand and started munching on it. "Ok... Ahem. I don't think we talked before... so my name is Cyan. The Larvesta on the gorund is Lara and that little guy on the plug is Tesla. I guess I'm also your new trainer!" At that moment, Pinsir had finished eating the berry, and started staring at Cyan, analyzing his face. Cyan quickly looked at Lara, who was ready to act in case something went wrong. He knew he could count on her for his safety. "Alright... what about we get you a name? What about... Heracles! Or... Cutter?" Pinsir stared at Cyan with an annoyed expression. "And Max? Do you like Max?" Cyan looked nervous, and was hoping everything would run smoothly, when the Pinsir Let out a cry, as if agreeing with the name; "PIN,PINSIR!" "Ok then! Max it is! We will make a great team!" Max then decided to take a nap right under her trainer's bed. Hopefully she won't destroy the bed if she has any nightmares.

Party

Years
y53yvPB.png
2j3de2g.png

Eggs and Breeding Classroom

Rylie gave a bit of a nod as Brock continued with his lecture, being careful not to interrupt him as he's speaking. Quietly she replaced the egg back onto the trolley, fitting it back nicely into its spot before she had the chance to drop it. "Buizel huh? Can't say I've ever heard of that Pokémon…" She thought to herself looking over the egg in the trolley.

Rylie jumped slightly at the sound of the bell, still not used to the unfamiliar noise. Going back to her deck to pick up her pack she was stopped by the teacher just as she was about to head out the door.

"Uh, would you two mind staying behind for a second to give me a hand with the trolley?" The man asked, never once opening his eyes. Leaving Rylie to wonder whether he's blind or not.

"Oh, uh, Sure thing." She replied, slinging the bag over her shoulder. While she doubted she would need any potential extra credit this would earn her, it would probably be best not to get on a teacher's bad side on the first day of classes.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira: Breeding and Eggs Class

He was just about to pick up a egg after Brock had finished speaking, but the bell rang. Dallas felt disappointed, he wanted to pick up and egg and try to guess the pokemon inside. To Dallas, it seemed Brock was also possibly disappointed, but he really couldn't tell because he couldn't see Brock's eyes.

"Uh, would you two mind staying behind for a second to give me a hand with the trolley?" The man asked the two students who had approached the cart.

"Oh, uh, Sure thing." The girl had answered.

Dallas thought about declining, but he couldn't. He knew his father would scold him for not taking the opportunity to do more than needed. 'You have to do more than you want to. That is the only way you will rise as a trainer and a chef.' His father's words ran through his head.

He watched the girl go back for her things and he thought he better do the same so nothing would get stolen.

"Sure I don't mind helping." Dallas said, doing the same thing the girl did. He retreated back to his seat to pick up his things, swinging his bag around his back so that it didn't flop around and hit the eggs.

He looked at the girl as other seemed to leave already and then he smiled at Rylie, "Nice to meet you by the way."

He walked back to the front of the room and waited for instructions.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort: Leaving class

Well the first class so far was a great start! He learned a bit about staying safe out in the wild,got some questions right, and even better, no homework! At least he'd have some time to think about what to do next... he considered going to grab some lunch. Maybe some of his other friends would be down there too. Seemed like a good enough way to continue! Maybe have a battle on the way? So many possibilities! He had to get his Pokemon some more battle experience so maybe he could find someone on the way.

"Well Dynamo, hope you were listening too. Your here to learn just as much as I am!" Ivrant said to his Rosellia as he got up from his chair. The Rosellia grinned up to him and gave a small nod. He already felt pretty accomplished! The rest of the day couldn't possibly get any worse right? Ivrant's future was looking bright in the academy! After packing up his stuff, Ivrant made his way on out of the door, eager to grab some food now.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Day 2 (Getting out of dorms)

Still on his room, Cyan realized that he and his team haven't eaten for the entire day. This could explain why Tesla was always absorbing electricity. He thought that quick stop to the cafeteria could fix the problem, but after checking his pockets, he barely found enough money to buy a lava cookie. Well, that was another problem. Cyan had to think of two things: how to get food AND money. He quickly checked his bag: he had a couple of casteliacones and Lava Cookies, as well as Leppa berries. He gave Tesla and Lara the casteliacones, to give them a taste of home, while Max seemed OK after eating some berries from before.

"OK, guys! we need to get some money, and sorta quickly. do you have any suggestions?" Tesla, didn't care and kept eating, and so did Lara. Max, on the other hand, started gesturing, getting a pose similar to a Hitmonchan. "So... you want us to battle? Against other trainers? ... ... I have a really bad feeling about this... ... lets just do it, we might be get some money out of it. Or lose ours... His Pokemon didn't even listened to him; they were already opening the door."Wha... Hey, wait for me!"

Out of the dorm, Cyan caught up to his Pokemon and walked them to the Battlefields. There were quite a few trainers, some with super strong Pokemon. he didn't want to challenge anyone, so he just walked around there, hoping someone would challenge him and at the same time, hoping that no one would notice him.

Party

Back