• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
XEzfv3l.jpg

Kayrana Ral || 15
PCP280.png

Aurai (F) || 9 || Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Shadow Ball, Psychic.​

Psychic Class, with Silvana and Rosa, Part 1

Start
Previous...
Class Post 1
Class Post 2
Next...

u6Px5k9.png

For today, Kayrana had just wore simple pastel yellow shorts, that went all the way to her knees, a simple orange shirt with green flowers on it, green socks, and comfortable sneakers. Her hair, as always, had two clips on it to prevent it from going to her eyes, even though it wasn't long at all. Either way, Kayrana was seated comfortably, with Aurai on her lap, when the teacher entered. She was still dreaming about having a new Pokemon friend... she had gone to bed rather early and wasn't tired at all, hence she was quite surprised when she saw the chalk lift by itself, or by Psychic powers, rather. That Sabrina had psychic powers, she did know, but she had never seen them benig used. She looked around: everyone was amazed as well. Sabrina's clothes consisted only of reddish pink and white, which called Kayrana's attention.

She pat Aurai on the head and stretched her hand over to her backpack in the floor in order to get her notebook on the desk; meanwhile Sabrina kept asking about some 'most important lesson' of which Kayrana had no idea. Yes, she had asked them to answer, but how could they possibly know? Kayrana was quite indecisive, and she really had no idea. But just after a brown-haired girl had said something about talents, she just wanted to say something. So just after looking at Aurai, who had then clambered on top of the desk: "Bonds?" was the only word that came out of her mouth, in a firm tone of voice, but ending quite as a question. Well, at least she wouldn't go unnoticed now, was the only thing she thought about as she looked around at the pack of students, they weren't much, looking at her; and then she looked at Sabrina. Was she right?

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
((for fun, let's do another post))
Kylie Kahale
hgssitem.png
bags under eyes

crop top

high tops

skinny jeans

red & cream entei jacket draped on chair

actually dying
...is new to this, but surely not so daft as to announce her dissent with others' answers— the occasional fellow student smattering the rows of desks about Kylie are subtle, and they don't embarrass themselves similarly. Though Kylie, despite herself, cracks a grin after the response of the other girl there, exempting Professor Maylene, possibly exempting the ambiguous kid with white hair in front who might've spoken, might've not, in-between or after or before Kylie's own tangent.

It's naive, the flawed thinking of "don't get hit" that permeates the fellow student's answer. Yet, what truly amuses Kylie is the manner of Girl B's (or C's) rambling and blaring accent with yaaaaahs, etcetera, as well as an adamant "disinterest," an exuded--more exaggerated--"I-don't-want-to-be-here". And Kylie internalizes this tragedy as stemming from exhaustion or B being sloshed off her ass.

It's the funniest thing she has seen in a long time, and she tries a little too hard not to snort with stifled laughter.

Even still, trilling in her mind, a silent insecurity: ' Did I sound like that? '

It's comforting, knowing you're not alone in acknowledging absurdity; seeing a fellow Entei student, at that, reacting to it, though in rolling his eyes, appearing less tolerant of it. But with his mild acquaintanceship with black and leather, there lies impression for being a stoic sort; how genuine that intensity -- whether it was what Kylie could only describe as the "trendy" sort of punk charisma -- was unclear, but intriguing. In the sense that Kylie holds another human trainwreck in gleeful anticipation, she watches her dorm mate eagerly.

His response is as equally mindless as Girl B's, because it calls too much into question-- why you would remain passive as a means of defense; how you enact benefit of hindsight in a hypothetical attack as to categorize not being attacked initially as "self-defense," or even "prevention"-- if that was truly what he meant, because it was just a giant hole rather than an argument with many holes.

And usually, she doesn't lack this much self-control to laugh at her own admitted elitism, but it was honestly hysterical for her judgement of his boy to come so true, so fast. Staying up does this to Kylie. She finds the mirth lingering on her face, still, and before she can burst, Kylie rushes for her coffee to hide those smiling lips.

In an act of self-redemption, Kylie puts her legs under her desk and turns towards the rest of the self-defense class. "Hey, uh, did any of ya'll go to Dixie's bonfire a few days back? The one sneak-out what wasn't busted…?"

She changes the subject, drabbles off into a little laugh and -- success -- it was like she had never been amused at all.

Self Defense w/ Professor Maylene • Ivrant the MightyDesmond McDashNaomi Junebug

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort- Self Defense/Fighting Type Class

Ivrant listened to the other answers and seemed to be thinking about his own response on top of that... Sure defending yourself was one things but these other students were talking about stuff like "Don't get hit" or having reflexes. Maybe he was overthinking his own answer but they all seemed to be taking on the theory like they didn't have their Pokemon on them. Well... that's already a problem that shouldn't happen in the first place but it wouldn't really be proper to change his answer now incase he made it more incorrect. It'd be better off if the teacher explained it more clearly. He was the student here after all! Still, he couldn't help himself. He still had the urge to speak out against the other answers after realizing something so simple. He was competitive when it came to this sort of stuff. He wasn't exactly confident with his first answer anyways.

"...You know reflexes are fine but what if you end up in front of a Wild Pokemon? I was thinking on defending against another single person but that's not always going to happen cause well..." He looked at Dynamo and back to the others to keep up the discussion. "I don't think avoiding say, a Scizor on your own would exactly be likely. Heck even defending against something like that wouldn't end well on its own. Course, that's what you got your team for. If they're down then our defense isn't exactly up to par if we can't even have our Pokemon do the same and stand by our side. Right Dynamo? I can't pretend like you don't exist after all. I'd have ya healed up if we were seriously going to go anywhere like that." Ivrant added in. Dynamo nodded alongside with Ivrant. He felt alot more confident with this answer as shown in the contrast from his last answer. He sounded alot more confident now that he had other answers to compete with.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Kylie Kahale
hgssitem.png
bags under eyes

crop top

high tops

skinny jeans

red & cream entei jacket draped on chair

straightened up, sitting properly in her seat now

back to the classmates behind her
...readjusts towards the front of the room again with the near-guilty recognition of how exclusionary her question had been to the student in-question, now speaking-- now finished speaking. She concludes: one, this kid is unmistakably male; two, this kid has no clue what he's talking about.

Kylie, boggles, ogles him with broad, brown eyes. "Why are you talking about being attacked by Pokemon?" This was not a phenomenon she had heard of since Dixie claimed she was "jumped" -- not harassed for food, not approached, not surprised by -- but actively and arbitrarily targeted by a wild Pokemon whose intention was to hurt.

"Do you really think Pokemon are things you have to defend yourself against? They're not monsters. They're-- we work with them."

She's scrutinizing this boy throughout, from the pallid color of his hair, to his clothing. Her takeaway is that he's a Suicune, a notion which comforts her, knowing they won't share an adobe outside of this class.

The Marill beside him was oblivious of being accused, the way he bobbed along dumbly as, meanwhile, the insinuation brought a pit to Kylie's stomach. "Tch."

Kylie turns back to the teacher as she feels these asylum walls closing in. Frankly, she thought she had answered the question better than anyone else as someone who avidly practiced self-defense and who logically understand it best, aside from Maylene.

It is here Kylie's impressions of her classmates sour, as she presumes they are all shut-ins who wouldn't have considered that bonfire anyway -- if they did show up, they would have been forgettable to her, or otherwise a mistake to acquaintance -- and that she needs to dominate any further contemplation of the question at-hand to prevent them all from talking out of their asses. (So, in a sense, the elitism is back, but so upset was Kylie, she fails in self-awareness.)

But this is all verbally indistinguishable. Kylie posed, with gravelly tone, "Are we really allowed to release our Pokemon in the classroom? I guess I assumed we couldn't."

Self Defense w/ Professor Maylene • Ivrant the Mad • Desmond McDash • Naomi Junebug

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

This is Getting Good

Desmond leaned back in his seat as he listened to Ivrant speak up again sounding much more confident even if Desmond thought his point was off target. It seems he wasn't alone as the punk girl spoke back up, visibly agitated. She clearly had attitude, to the point it was a little much for Desmond's liking.

"You aren't wrong about Pokemon being a good defense but this part of the class isn't really referencing that. It's about how we protect ourselves in a situation where our Pokemon are unable to assist us clearly." Desmond looked over at Hecate, curled up on the desk. "And most of you make a good point," Desmond's eyes glance at Naomi quickly before focusing back on the rest of the class, "but neither of them are suitable for a majority of situations."

Desmond focused back on the punk girl, "And if the Pokemon currently sitting on desks and laps wasn't an indication, yeah, Pokemon are allowed out of their balls in class."

Desmond sighed as he turned back towards Professor Maylene, a stoic look back on his face. He couldn't remember the last time he had spoken this much and so uninhibited. Maybe when he and Daro had just started out in The Under for neo-Cipher. That was before he had gotten almost total control of his emotions though. Since then, the less words and emotion the better, was their motto. Yet in this class, his emotions were getting the better of him, and he was being overly harsh and rude to the other students. He didn't know why but he didn't care. It wasn't like he was here to make friends.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Day 2(Girl who lost her memory)

Good news: Cyan is not just standing around like an idiot. Bad news: He is going to miss his class AND has to look after this girl who seems to be missing a screw or two. Sure, he heard of Elgyems erasing people's memories, But if she had just captured one, why would it erease her memories? Well, now wasn't really the time for asking it, because wild pokemon could pounce at any second. To be fair, he was quite worried about his own safety as well. Lara was tired from the training still, so Cyan quckly fed her a Leppa Berry to bring her back into a fighting state. That's when an idea popped on his head: he grabbed Tesla (who was still stuck to his jacket) and gave him to the girl.

"Just... Just remember to give him back later. My dorm is... is... Entei! My dorm is Entei, I think. Oh, and his name is Tesla!" He had no idea how she would react to the Joltik being placed on her shoulder, but he had other things to worry about. Like the rustling grass that was moving quickly into their direction. It didn't take long for a huge Pinsir to jump out of the grass, attempting to grab something or someone with it's huge horns.

Pinsir's are known for being agressive, and Cyan had just experienced that hands on. Lara quicly jumped between the Pinsir and her trainer, and tried her best to intimidate the attacker, spilling flames from her red horns. This sort of worked, but only for a few moments, as the Pinsir walked back just to get more running ground for a Close Combat. Lara, not wishing to go down that easily, evaded the attack. "Quckly, use String Shot!" said Cyan, and Lara hit the pinsir with it, restrainig it's movements. "Now, Use Heat Wave! And be careful not to start another fire like before." Yes, this happened once on Burgh's gym.

Lara though, sucesfully hit the Pinsir with Heat Wave. This hurt the Pinsir, and gave it a burn. Probably because the strings attached to Pinsir also burned up. The Pinsir, looked like it was in panic, still launched a attack. This time it used Quck Attack, which was to quick for Lara to get a chance to do anything. It did minimal damage though, since the Pinsir was burned. It looked quite worn off, and that's when Cyan threw a pokeball at it, without thinking. He was alredy regreting it, since now he had to take care of another pokemon. Pinsir barely put a fight, since the ball shook once and clicked.

"Hmm... Gotcha? I guess the Pinsir was caught..."

Party

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

YuhEFV8.jpg
--------------------------------------

beldum.gif
|
piplup.gif
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
|
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

CORINNA MONDRAGON​

----

With every step their destination was becoming clearer and more detailed. It was only a matter of minutes before they reached the outskirts. Troy had been a darling and kept Corrina company throughout the journey, worried yet excited for his little sister.

"Yeah, but you always get to do the cool shit - okay yes, my apologies, foul language is underrated. I've heard you use it plenty of times before, so- ... oh, yeah, that time it was definitely fudge. I'm learning from the best here." While the girl spoke at a quickened speed, she was plodding along her path to the forest. Piplup managed to ease her boredom with her scavenging of the areas near Corrina's vicinity. At one point during their trek a small pond emerged, much to Piplup's joy.

For as long as Corrina can remember the forest had been a sanctuary for her. Troy frequently ventured amidst them with the help of his younger sibling, who happily tagged along. Fond memories riddle the word "forest" alone - long treks, silly talk, accidents worth chuckling over, shenanigans, and fun.

Pip pip pip! Piplup chirped in elation, having at last set foot on the green forest. Trees towered over the duo, their foliage whistling upon the wind's command. Pipluppipluppiplup!

"Already? But what about me? ... ah, yeah, I'm having the time of my life right about now. If only you were here," the trainer frowned, saddened about her brother's approaching departure. "Of course not, I just got here. I didn't even get to... okay, sure. Later."

A swarm of Ledybas casted shadows over the visitors, entrancing the penguin. She pursued after them, mesmerized by their bright coloring. Corrina however scoffed at this, jogging right behind her water-type partner. "Piplup! Piplup stop! You'll get lost in here!" She evaded branches and obstacles alike, careful not to damage her clothing or image.

Fortunately Piplup did a pitstop upon the sight of a cluster of oddish seconds into the chase. She was then scooped by an annoyed Corrina, breaths unsteady from the jog. "You... please just... just listen... listen for once."

Pip! she happily responded, flippers swaying front to back. "Yes, I'm just as happy as you are," Corrina replied in sarcasm. The penguin was set back down, itching to go on adventures with her trainer.

Within the minute a Fomantis stumbled upon their bubble. Corrina didn't hesitate to start, mind ready to initiate a battle, body backing up to gain distance. "Alright! Ready to battle? Just like we practiced." Piiiiiip! The small creature flinched, unaware of what it was about to get itself involved in. "Ice Beam, go!"

A pastel blue sphere formed on Piplup's beak, alarming the Fomantis. They made a white sphere of their own, only for the ice beam to impact it and create a sudden explosion. Piplup was taken by surprise, legs unable to support her during the blast as she landed on her back. A large plume of smoke erupted from the explosion.

"Get ready, it might attack," Corrina spoke through the smoke, eyes squinting.

From it the Fomantis emerged, spinning midair with a horde of glowing leaves. "Protect! Now!" Just as the enemy released the spinning leaves a turquoise force field shielded Piplup from the assault in the nick of time. But the grass-type Pokémon didn't wait for Corrina to give the next order before their scythe-like arms began to glow and enlarge.

"Tch. Piplup dodge!" The penguin had just barely turned when the Fomantis let out a barrage of slashes from above. She stumbled and whined, no longer finding this brawl amusing. "Ice Beam again!" This time there was hesitation, bruised and in pain as the slashes pulsated throughout. Fomantis reacted via generating the long scythe-like arms once again.

Just as Piplup was about to aim Corrina intervened. "Wait! Shoot the ground in front of the enemy instead!" Her Pokémon gave her a doubtful look as the opponent began their approach. "Piplup." At last she turned to do such, but it was too late. Fomantis was close enough to let out another round of cuts and bruises.

By the end of the attack Piplup could no longer stand, body slumping on to the dirt below. But while the Fomantis let out a sigh of relief they weren't free yet; Corrina sent out Beldum.

"Sorry to let you out now, but I think you know why," Corrina apologized. Beldum glanced down Piplup's unconscious body before glaring at the Fomantis. The small, colorful enemy froze upon the sight, never having laid eyes on such a Pokémon. "Take-"

All of a sudden the grass-type had vanished.

Corrina let out a sigh of disappointment. Perhaps it was for the best.

Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png
2j3de2g.png

Eggs and Breeding Classroom

Rylie quietly studied her new class schedule as she absentmindedly walked down the busy school hall, barely uttering a word when she occasionally bumped shoulders with another student. "Eggs and breeding… Could I get a more boring class on my first day?" She thought to herself, not able to help rolling her eyes as she looked for her assigned classroom. "Whatever, at least I'm getting it out of the way early I guess…" She continued in thought, sighing a bit.

Eventually she just managed to slip into the class room just as the final bell began to ring, narrowly avoiding tardiness. Claiming an empty seat in the middle of the classroom she opened her fresh-looking notebook and promptly began to stare bored up towards the front of the class, head in her hand and all. As she settled into her seat she quietly gave the teacher a look over, trying to figure out what he's going to be like before he starts his lecture. "Brock huh? He's decent looking at least, Although he's got that weird eye thing going… What's with the cart?" She quietly wondered to herself.

"So, let's start off, what can people already tell me about Pokemon breeding or Pokemon eggs? I want to see what some of you might know to start off with."

"Isn't that a trick question? I thought very little was known about Pokémon breeding… Although I guess this class wouldn't exist if that were the case." She continued to wonder to herself, not daring to speak up. Instead maintaining her rather bored look towards the front of the class as she quietly listened to the other student's answers.

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Mythology Class (Day 2)

Lucas felt something wiggle against his hip. He looked down and saw that it was Ace's Poke Ball. He let his partner out and patted him on the head. Ace let out a soft growl of affection. Lucas glanced around to see if anyone else had Pokemon, and he was relieved to see other people did. Lucas decided to stop holding back his answer and raise his hand. Once he was called on, he began to speak wildly about different myths about Legendary Pokemon, including some of his own theories. "To me, a Legendary Pokemon is a Pokemon with a special ability that makes them unique, such as being able to go into the Distortion World, or create land masses. I also believe that there are tiers of Legendary Pokemon. The top tier is Mew and Arceus, the Deity Tier. The next is the Creation Tier, consisting of the Dragon Trio, Tao Trio, Aura Trio, and the Weather Trio. The third tier is the Control Tier, which includes the Genie Trio, Lake Trio, Titan Trio, Beast Trio, and the Bird Trio. The higher the tier, the more power or control over something a Legendary has. I don't know if this is true, but it's a theory, which is pretty much what a myth is, except a myth is more widely known." Lucas stopped talking once his brain had run out of ideas. He felt a bunch of people staring at him, then he realized how much he had said. Lucas visibly sank in his chair, melting from all the staring. Please let someone else speak, please let someone else speak, please let someone else speak, please let someone else speak, he thought, wanting to disappear from the classroom. He slowly pulled out a notebook from his satchel and started to draw some battle scenes. Soon afterward, Lucas could feel eyes look away from him, and he sighed in relief.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

And The Answer Is...

Maylene listened to each of her students answers, nodding thoughtfully as they pontificated over the best method to defend themselves in almost any situation. Once the class started to get into something of a back and forth debate about it though she raised her hand, signalling for silence.

"You all raise pretty good points actually, better than I might have expected. Protecting your vitals is always a good idea, of course, and keeping your distance while monitoring the threat is good too. Having a glass jaw isn't any good if you find yourself in a fist fight, you need to have the stamina and fortitude to see a situation through. But you've, for the most part, taken two things for granted. One - that your Pokemon aren't an option for some reason. This young man," she gestured to Ivrant, "Is correct that your Pokemon should always be your first line of defense. Chances are that most of the threats you'll face as Trainers will be from either wild Pokemon or another Pokemon Trainer. No amount of martial training can make you a match for a Pokemon - a lot of people have learned that lesson the hard way."

She turned her gaze to Kylie, speaking softly. "And while, yes, while Pokemon are creatures we work with and often our truest companions, not everyone uses their Pokemon for benevolent means. Heck, even wild Pokemon are dangerous if you intrude on their territory too deeply or something has set them off on a rampage. There are Pokemon that just are dangerous if you don't know what you're doing as a result of what they are or their feeding habits. I'd suggest you never let your guard down when dealing with wild Pokemon."

She cleared her throat, looking around her seated position on the desk for something and after not finding it turned her attention back to the class. "The other point that was made that applies to most situations was that you should avoid being in too much danger in the first place. If all your Pokemon have been beaten or are unavailable to you for some reason the best thing you can do is fall back. You all assumed that because this was a Self Defense class we'd be looking at the martial arts and, okay, yes, I'd rather be teaching you that, but the truth is the primary thing to remember about self defense is to stay safe first and foremost. Learning how to take or throw a punch, which areas to protect and target, all of that is useful information that may make the difference if you find yourself in a sticky situation. But the truth is, in this world we live in?" She shrugged. "You can't punch out a Pokemon. We're outclassed physically by just about every species of Pokemon we've discovered, so trust in your partners to keep you safe. Any questions?" She asked, knowing full well that some of the students weren't going to be too happy with what she had to say.

***​

Brock waited patiently for the class to speak up, waiting to see if anyone had any answers. When no one had anything to say he smiled and walked over to the covered trolley he had brought in. "Well, I'm not too surprised, it's not a topic most people worry about too much. We know very little about how Pokemon actually go about producing their eggs other than that certain species of Pokemon appear to be compatible with each other and others don't. We actually even refer to Pokemon Breeders mostly as people who help ensure that Pokemon are happy and healthy more than we do as people who help them produce eggs. On the egg front we know a little bit more."

Brock pulled the cover off the trolley, revealing that it contained an incubated unit with several Pokemon Eggs resting inside! They were of a variety of sizes and colours, some with intriguing patterns and some simply plain. "So! These are Pokemon Eggs of a number of different species. Almost all Pokemon that reproduce seem to do so in the same way, by producing an Egg. Would anyone like to come up and take a look and make some observations?"

***​

"Those are very technically adept answers, well done, but I was looking for something a little less textbook," Cynthia said, "After all, almost every Pokemon is able to control primal forces of the world in some way - even a Sentret can learn to shoot fire from its mouth. And in the same vein, just about every Pokemon is extremely powerful, at least compared to us humans. In the case of the Pokemon we've classified as Legendary Pokemon, yes, they tend to be unique. No one has ever seen two Moltres for example. Then again, Legendary Pokemon are notoriously hard to track, so who's to say we haven't seen more than one Moltres, just never together?"

"Let me put it another way. Arcanine has sometimes been referred to as a Legendary Pokemon, but we don't count it as one. This sort of thing is a result of opinions changing over time and between regions. Arcanine is a majestic and powerful Pokemon, so it's not hard to imagine how in the past people from Kanto would have considered it to be legendary, but as we have discovered more of the Pokemon you refer to and determined them to be in a class all of their own that the title no longer works. So given that, do you think it's possible that what determines whether a Pokemon is Legendary - in the sense that it is worthy of myth - is us, as humans? After all, we're the ones who tell stories of them and have given them these descriptions. They don't think of themselves as legendary, they just exist as they are." She paused, waiting to see what the class thought of this theory.

***​

Sabrina tilted her head to one side slightly, considering the answers that had been provided. "I'm not sure that finding your talent is a lesson you can learn, as such... but discovering your talents can lead to important lessons learned. And yes, bonds are very important to human psychics. It can be difficult for us to understand how to form natural bonds with regular people and it was only after I started to learn how to do so that I began to learn my most important lesson. The most important lesson I have learned, both as a psychic and Psychic Pokemon Trainer... is restraint. When I was younger I used my abilities without care and the only real setting I had for them was one hundred percent. When I used the chalk a moment ago I could have easily snapped it, or crushed it, or ripped the blackboard out of the wall. Only by using restraint could I get the result I actually wanted."

"The same is true in our dealings with people. We have to restrain our abilities so that we can communicate as everyone else does and not simply go through life behaving like monsters. Psychic Pokemon are, generally speaking, far more powerful than even the most advanced human psychic could ever hope to be, so it can be important to teach your Psychic types restraint as well, to help them understand that using their abilities to excess or outside of battle may not be a good thing. After all, Pokemon do not have an inherent moral system, they learn ethics as we teach them. I would even go a step further and argue that restraint is important no matter what your abilities may be to keep you grounded, whether they be mundane or... otherwise." Sabrina looked pointedly at Silvana, as though that point was meant specifically for her. Creepy!

"Of course, bonds - as was mentioned - are a vital thing with Psychic Pokemon, or even human psychics. Their incredible powers can often lead to them feeling superior over others. Forming a strong bond can help them overcome this, but who can tell me why forming a bond with a Psychic type Pokemon is both easier and more difficult than with other types?"

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton - The first class

Arwyn knew very well who Cynthia was. Cynthia visits Undella Town nearly every year, to relax and whatnot. She has her own vacationhouse. This is the first time Arwyn actually met Cynthia though. A lecture about legendary Pokémon, huh? Arwyn couldn't say that it didn't interest him. After all, he's quite fascinated by the legendary Pokémon that his parents told him a story about recently. That was Reshiram, the vast white Pokémon. Apparently, it helps people who want a world of truth. This interests Arwyn quite a bit for some reason. He has only ever seen drawings of Reshiram in a book, and it looks completely white, as it's title suggests. But.... what Cynthia said may not be far from the truth at all. We thought up the titles for all the Pokémon, we had given them the title of 'legendary Pokémon'. Nervously, Arwyn raised his hand. "So... it's possible there are multiple Reshiram's, but we just haven't seen them, which is why we think they are legendary Pokémon?"

Years
Harry H. Hamblem - Arrival on the Scene​

The boat ride from Kanto to the academy had been a long one. Harry was rather tired. He stood on the deck of the boat, a lazy expression on his face, as the island loomed ahead, slowly growing larger as the horizon came even closer. He murmured aloud to no one but himself, "This is my new home, huh?" The monotony masked his enthusiasm quite well. "I'll have to do my best, won't I?" A question directed towards nobody but himself. The boat pulled into the dock a good twenty minutes later, leaving Harry on the dock with his suitcase, backpack, and lovely personality. Very few had arrived, and the other students had quickly dispersed, though Harry didn't mind it. The walk to Raikou would be rather nice. He had time to reflect on the changes he needed to make.

The wind ruffled his messy hair as he strode, his hands in his jean pockets, his green t-shirt of a Slakoth hugging a large Pinap Berry rustling as well. It was a nice breeze. Perfect for the walk. It'd be hard to wipe the eternal half-smile from Harry's face. The campus was rather beautiful. The wild Pokemon in the distance were rather nice to look at as well. Perhaps a walk was in order once he had everything settled in. People walked by, waving and greeting him, and he returned the gestures, letting out little more than a, "Hello. Hi. Have a good day."

A few instances occurred before Harry found himself arriving at the dormitory. It was a nice building. It certainly appeared to have been upgraded from the place his research had told him it was. Maybe the curriculum had changed, and the Raikou dorm wasn't the bottom. That would be a nice change. The lady at the front desk granted him his key and he made his way to his room. Harry tossed his backpack and suitcase on the bed, sighing a bit as he looked around. It seemed like the living arrangements would be comfortable. It wasn't quite home, but he was sure it would turn out that way. Sediment and Sap would likely find some way to enjoy it. Of course, they always found a way to enjoy themselves. Harry chuckled a little, swinging his backpack over his shoulders and heading out the door. "Maybe I'll have an adventure now.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
XEzfv3l.jpg

Kayrana Ral || 15
PCP280.png

Aurai (F) || 9 || Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Shadow Ball, Psychic.​

Psychic Class, with Silvana and Rosa, Part 2

Start
Before...
Class Post 3
Next...

KdoC4xQ.jpg

Kayrana heard all the talk about restraint attentively. She didn't want to miss a thing Sabrina said, since she seemed to know what she was talking about. Aurai, meanwhile, just wandered around the desk after finally laying down. When she talked about bonds, Kayrana reminisced about random memories of her and Aurai in the past, and just pat Aurai's head. 'Dealing with people' also reminisced her about the days where she had no friends, where she was really all alone... but she now tried to be more positive, so she tried to brush that off her mind.

Lastly, Sabrina asked a question. And this time Kayrana really had no idea what to answer at first. Easier... and harder...? she pondered. And she thought about her relationship with Aurai... after all, that's all that could give her a clue. And so she went on: "Well, Psychic-Types, like my Aurai here..." she said pointing to her ", or at least her..." she revisited "always pay attention to... feeling and sadness and joy, very intently, closely..." and now she raised her voice a bit, visibly excited, and step up from her seat "so that's why I think one has to have a kind of special, different, care that maybe other Types of Pokemon don't require!"

This time she was the first to answer, and she was a bit nervous, but she didn't seem to show it much; well, her cheerfulness overcame that.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Mythology Class (Day 2)

Ace's ears perked up as he heard the name of his evolved form. Lucas scratched the bottom of his neck as he listened to what Cynthia had to say. It makes sense that Pokemon don't consider themselves to be Legendary as that's a label we humans came up with, but what about revered Pokemon like Arceus? Is it only humans that revere it or do Pokemon as well? Lucas pondered this, wondering why no one had ever seen multiple of the same "Legendary" Pokemon. Then he understood, so he raised his hand. "It makes sense that no one had ever seen two of the same Legendary Pokemon even though there are multiple. Some evidence that supports there being multiple of the same Legendary Pokemon is with the Shadow Lugia I read about once. There is no way that there is only one Lugia if there was one that was turned into a Shadow Pokemon. More evidence is that Latios and Latias are said to have a parent, which means that there have to be more of them." Lucas said. He stopped and waited for someone else to speak. Someone else must have some opinions on this besides me, he thought eagerly awaiting someone else's opinion.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort- Self Defense/Fighting type class

"Ha! Nailed it." Ivrant thought to himself as he got a quick confidence boost knowing he had the answer right. He was wondering what kind of world the one girl woke up from where Pokemon never attacked humans but thankfully the teacher spoke up before Ivrant did, They're Pocket Monsters after all. Ivrant soaked in the small victory over his peers. On the bright side, at least he didn't have to worry about throwing punches so the way he was dressed was no longer an issue!

Dynamo meanwhile seemed to have a confident smirk all over his face. Whenever Ivrant tried to be subtle, Dynamo would display how he felt without a care in the world.

"Well what would be some good ways to fall back from Wild Pokemon if we for some reason don't have our team handy? I'd imagine using a Pokeball to at least restrain them rather then catch them as much of a waste as that'd be but still. Most Pokemon can outspeed us easily so just simply running isn't going to always work" Ivrant asked.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric decided to put his two cents in, after pondering for a moment.

"It's quite likely that us human are the ones who beliefs in the mythos surrounding certain Pokémon, often deciding which ones are always labeled as 'Legendary.' I remember another story I read about, involving the Tapu of the Alola region. The four Tapu each have dominion over one of four islands, and are generally believed to be guardian deities of the region. From what I've heard, Pokémon in Alola are much more likely to help each other out, so maybe they recognize the Tapu as deities as well." Eric answered, stopping to catch his breath, half-expecting someone else to say something.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
aRLcNn3.png
VLVnDyX.png
4mGgxnX.png

Level 11
Moves
xkYVNey.png
DaIxMHU.png

Level 11
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
(I kinda wish Carbuncle could use some restraint with what she eats. --Nnnoo... Don't go in my head! It's weird in here!) Silvana silently lamented as she picked up on Sabrina's stare, becoming very flustered. (I wonder how often mind readers hear something they wish they hadn't. I bet that's why they're all 'cool' and 'distant'. They can hear all your most embarassing secrets. I bet that makes it really hard to date. How do you even do romance if they always know what you're up to? I feel like boys wouldn't like that. Not unless they could turn it off or something. Would I like that?? Probably not. Even normal boys don't like me.) Silvana continued on thinking, making a strong case for why restraint was important. Unfortunately, there was no such thing as a filter for one's thoughts. The aspiring magician sulked a bit at that lost thought as her self-esteem flirted with the edge of a cliff. (I shouldn't think like that. Boys aren't what's important. It's not like there's any truth to love being magic. ...Is there? I don't think a potion that makes you fall in love counts, but everyone seems to believe in it for some reason.)

Snapping back to attention eventually, Silvana was confronted with another question. ...Hold on, did she have a smart thought just now? Her mind flew back to the dating example she'd been pondering earlier. Did Pokemon experience similar issues with their trainers? It sounded right, but also wrong. ...That kinda fit the bill of what she was looking for, actually.

"It's because they always know what you really think!" Silvana exclaimed after a good, long moment's thought. "It's easy to communicate, but you can't hide what you really think either!" Silvana went on to explain.

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Rosa Summers Chapter 2.1 - The First Class

Untitled_zps7wnfnuni.png

espeon.gif
sneasel.gif

Rosa wants to award points for the two students who continue to answer Sabrina's questions. She can't find it within herself to speak up, and the fact that each time one of them speaks, every other student in the class looks at them so intently...like they're about to throw tomatoes at them if they get it wrong. Okay...maybe they're just trying to be polite by looking at the person speaking, and maybe she's overreacting-- a lot. She was so excited to get to this class when she woke up, excited to be learning more about both her partner Pokemon and her own abilities, thrilled to be in the same room as Sabrina, a woman she had idolized for years, but now that excited has form-changed into a giant swirling ball of anxiety and nerves. As the blue haired trainer writes down the word 'restraint' into her notepad in rather large letters, she feels a light push against her leg...a push from Autumn.

Glancing down at the psychic fox hiding under her desk, it's clear what her partner Pokemon wants: For Rosa to speak up...while Rosa herself is considering hunkering down under her desk with Autumn.

"Is it because…" She speaks, albeit barely above a whisper. Autumn's ears twitch as her head tilts, urging her trainer to speak louder. There's no way anyone heard that.

"Is it because…" A little louder this time, she could probably project better if she wasn't looking at her lap as she spoke, but...baby steps. "Psychic types are so in tune with what we think and feel...maybe even...more than we can understand. Sometimes it can be...hard to bond with something when you can't...understand it." Oh gosh. What has she done? What has she said? That didn't come out right at all. Quick, something open a black hole she can escape into...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

"Wh- what? No, I don't need another Pokemon, I have my own!" Sydney was shocked by the Joltik being thrust upon her, did this kid think the only Pokemon she had was this maybe-Elgyem? "I just don't want to have to stop to battle, if this thing comes out of the Pokeball we could both end up totally braindead!" She wasn't bothered by the Joltik itself, she actually really liked Bug Pokemon, but this whole situation was getting out of hand. This boy, whoever he was, didn't quite seem to grasp how serious the situation was and he... okay, now he was catching Pokemon, just perfect.

"Uh, er, off you hop little guy," she crouched low to the ground before shooing the Joltik off her shoulder, "Thanks anyway, I guess!" She called out as she took off again, sprinting once more towards the school grounds. Hopefully the kid and his battle against a Pinsir - she didn't have any panic left in her to think about that right now - would scare off any wild Pokemon close by. Maybe he had thought having his Joltik along for the ride could help her out somehow but her plate was full enough as it was without having to worry about looking after a Pokemon belonging to somebody else! If a wild Pokemon had forced her to stop then she could have always used Miko or Titania to defend herself - the point was she didn't want to have to stop! If she was right and had caught an Elgyem for some reason she didn't want to have to hold onto it for any longer than necessary, and if she hadn't... then she was really in trouble - what else could wipe her memories like that?

All this running was tiring her out though, she tried to keep herself in decent shape but a dead sprint across half the island wasn't exactly something she had been training for. Her pace started to slow down until she was only walking, the hand not holding the Pokeball pressed against her side as a wicked stitch decided to kick in.

"Grah, damnit! Today sucks. Today totally sucks!"

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Day 2 (Still continued)

"Goddamit, Cyan! Goddamit!" Cyan said to himself. Right when he started socialising on this new place, he had to mess it up. "Typical of me. I was supposed to be helping that girl, not catching a a wild Pokemon that just jumped at me. Also, what am I going to do with this now?" Then he noticed a Tesla climbing onto his jacket, after Sydney had dropped him on the ground. Tesla looked like it wanted to say "Do you honestly thought that was a good idea?" Then, like usual, attached itself to his trainer's jacket. "Well, I guess the 'standing around like an idiot' part just came later right?" Tesla then proceeded to nod, answering to Cyan's rhetorical question.

Though Cyan was joking around, he felt a tiny bit left out. He had felt that way many times before. Every time his family moved, it was another effort to get familiarised with the place and make new friends. He was almost never acepted into groups with the 'cool kids', or even the 'rejected kids'. Of course, he understood the reasoning behind the girl running without him. She was obviously desperate to get to the Pokemon Center, plus she had apparently lost her memory so she was also freaked out.

Well, Cyan was tired, he had a new pokemon with him that could barely do anything, and the rest of his team was even more tired then Cyan. He could go to the Pokemon Center, but after a akwardencounter with that girl, there was no way he could go there. Plus, he only protected her from a single wild Pokemon, so that's not a really well done job. It was also too late to go to class, and he would hate everybody staring at him, just because he came late. Just this thought gave him 'Stranger Danger' chills. So, the best thing he could do is simply go to the dorm, and maybe don't get out until the next morning.

And so, he started walking to the dorm building, being very careful to not be seen by anybody. He had more than enough human interaction for the day, maybe for the week.

Party

Back