• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I had a deja vue!

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    How often do you have a deja vue? And do you keep thinking about it after it happens?

I had one like 4 hours ago. I can't stop thinking about it and trying to find out were I had seen that scene before. It's frustrating!

You?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've suffered two experiences of déjà vu.

First one is when I'm over at my friend's house and we're in his front room. The television's on, showing Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and my friend turns around holding an XBox controller. It took me forever to realise it was actually déjà vu and not something that had already happened.

Second one was in the middle of science class. My teacher asked me a question and as he did so, somebody entered the classroom wanting to borrow a pipette. I obtained a terrible headache trying to figure out why the situation felt so familiar.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • If I ever have a feeling of déjà vu, it mostly happens in dreams.

You know how you sometimes have dreams where you feel like you've either had this dream before, been to the same place in your current dream in another dream or when conscious, that sort of thing? I've had quite a few of those. It's a quite curious feeling, non?

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I have déjà vu a little too frequently for my taste, and every time I have it I feel as if I've experienced the situation before, but not really. I feel like maybe I had a dream about it before, but it was actually happening when I get the feeling. Except I think that in my dreams, I also think it's déjà vu, except that was the first time... does that even make sense? No.. no it doesn't. But yeah.

The weird thing about it for me too is that in the dream version, it almost always ends badly. So when I actually experience it, I freak out at the people around me telling them I'm having déjà vu, and they all look at me oddly. Quite embarrassing. And because it happens so often, they're used to it, and they just start to laugh. And then I tell them how it actually ended when I felt like it happened before, and then they look at me oddly again.. It's horrid.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've had deja vue I think. Each time I encounter something bad in rl, I always think that I saw this coming before, but I don't realize when or where I did.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I have deja vu every now and again, but I more commonly have vuja de.

(Vuja de is the feeling that none of this has every happened before!)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I have déjà vu a little too frequently for my taste, and every time I have it I feel as if I've experienced the situation before, but not really. I feel like maybe I had a dream about it before, but it was actually happening when I get the feeling. Except I think that in my dreams, I also think it's déjà vu, except that was the first time...

Stop taking text out of my mouth! That's exactly how it works for me too.

Years
  • I guess everyone experienced déjà vu now and then. I think it got something to do with how our brain works which reflects our dreams and reality.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I often had this weird feeling that I've done this/been here/saw this/felt this before often, though...
    It's really really weird.

I started to write everything I am doing on my daily boring life, more like a diary, a few months ago for me to investigate. If ever I had deja vue, I'll skim my notebook, and yep, it did happen before. =/

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I guess everyone experienced déjà vu now and then. I think it got something to do with how our brain works which reflects our dreams and reality.

Actually, if I remember, I believe deja vu is just a mini (and supposedly harmless) brain seizure that just interrupts some connections and makes you think you recall the event. Something along those lines... surely the notion of truly "reliving an exact event" or some sort of precognition isn't really being considered. :P

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • I had it once at my Sec 2 Camp last year.

We were supposed to do a trek across our country and we visited this Restaurant/Food Court like thingy that seemed familiar. Everyone was there, posing for pictures and stuff. Problem was, I had the exact same dream about the same area, same thing happening the night before we departed for the camp.

I was like "What the hell?" when the incident happened and the place felt so familiar and the actions of the other classmates were familiar as well.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've had deja vu occasionaly, but I really don't remeber what happened because it's been so long since it happened last. Usually for me it seems like I dream about it first then forget the dream like I usually do, then something happens in real life and reminds me of the dream and I get a real strong feeling of deja vu.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I have DejaVue daily. It's just something that happens.
    They say DejaVue occurs because your soul has already encountered the experience before you.
    But the thing that doesn't make sense how could it experience it before you unless your soul can time travel.
    Nifty thoughts right there.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've had deja vue quite a few times in the past. Most recently, I was in a group chat with a couple of friends from MSN and felt like the same discussion had happened before. I don't know, but it was a weird feeling and not the first time I experienced it either. O_o;

Here's to moving this to OVP. *cheers*

Back