• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! Old school fan seeks Pokémon friends!

Years
  • Hi everyone! I'm a 31 year old Pokémon lover right from the red/blue days to now, although I may have fallen off the wagon in the black/white X/Y days but I've been back ever since sun and moon. I'll forever love Pokémon, johto Josh because when that second generation came out it was so exciting and immediately needed to train an Umbreon and catch Suicune. I've been playing Sword on and off since it's release, I find it a bit too easy in terms of training and battling the gyms and trainers etc. If anyone has shield I'd love to trade so I can complete the Galar Pokédex! Aside from that I collect Pokémon cards but relatively new to that apart from when I was a kid of course. Outside of Pokémon I'm into art, very much an amateur, tattoos and my dog! Hopefully make some new friends here as none of my friends are into Pokémon!

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Johto Josh! Great to have an OG who isn't a genwunner! All Pokemon is good :D (except the ones that aren't lol). You're sure to make plenty of friends here if you post around, don'tchu worry one bit!

What made you dislike BW and XY? Or did you just fall out of love in general for the series at the time? Because imo BW and BW2 is one of the last really good games Pokemon's got. It's been, like you mentioned, easy city ever since. I personally don't like the route they went, but if it's what sells for this generation of children then so be it.

Sounds really cool that you're a tattoo artist as well! Has anyone ever commissioned any pokemon related ones? I've been on the fence about getting a tattoo for so long because I don't know if it's ever gonna look good on me or not.

Years
  • Still haven't completed my dex fully in SwSh either, oops! will get there eventually ahah. Welcome to PC Josh! I'm turning 30 in a few months and have been a long time fan since I was young too. Glad to see you're enjoying the games <3 See you around!

Years
  • Haha thank you! I think I just fell out of love with it and there wasn't as many Pokémon in the new generations that I loved especially some ice cream cones 🤮.

I kind of get the way sword and shield is but I miss that grind, one of my favourite memories is spending hours training a dratini into a dragonite on Pokémon yellow. Now I can get a Pokémon from level 1 to level 100 in ten minutes 🤣. Just takes the fun out of it, didn't come close to losing any battles and most were one hit KO's and I'm not even a serious player, I'm not too fussed about IV's and nature etc etc. But I still enjoyed it to an extent! Tempted to buy Shield and trade over my favourite team of shinys to it and see if that enhances the experience haha!

No Pokémon tattoos yet, I'm very laid back so I normally wait a year or so if I have an idea and if I still like it then, then I'll get it!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    welcome! pokemon is definitely one of those things you can easily lose interest in but it will for sure suck you right back in. it's nice to see older players sticking with the series though. i'd have to agree with the newer games being a bit too easy, i wish they would bring back challenge mode from gen 5 and make it an actual challenge haha. i hope you enjoy your stay!

Years
  • Welcome Johto Josh!

I'm around the same age, 30, and also started with red version back in the fourth grade lmao. 1999, holla.
    You should totally give Black and White another chance. Actually I just re-purchased it a month or so ago and have been slowly playing it. I'm a shameless classic lover and after playing SWSH (which is good, don't get me wrong), BW is actually a super cool throw back. I love the graphics and I love how they specialize in new Pokemon, ice cream-shaped or not.

Years
  • Hey, new here too, kind of in the same boat as you. Slightly younger but not by much. I played gen I during that craze back around '99 and was so new to video games at the time I remember that it took me like two hours just to figure out how to get out the front door of my house in Pallet. I probably have like one thousand TCG cards of like 98% Gen I and II mons only. My friends like Pokemon but have no interest in the TCG so I only get new packs here and there for the nostalgia haha

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Welcome, nice to meet you! Umbreon and Suicune are very good picks, good taste!

If you're still looking for some Pokemon from Shield, I might be able to help! I'm a Sword player but have shield exclusives from friends since the first thing I tried to do was complete the dex myself. Are there any cards specifically you collect?

Back