• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
Years

• Dragon Ascent

Enter a den of ancient, mighty and mystical beings. They reside in caves. Their scales glitter like the diamonds that surround them deep under the earth. They appear in the depths of the sea, their long bodies swimming, coiling and rising out of the abyss. They spread their magnificent wings to soar the skies. They are in the stars. Their very breath is fire. They are magic. They are the symbol of emperors.

You have come into a place where only the brave dare tread. I am the lore keeper. This is a congregation for others who love the dragon as I do. Reshiram or Zekrom shall be your guide. Call upon the name of whichever you would prefer to follow. Shall you walk in the light of white Reshiram's fire or the black Zekrom's thunder?

If you wish to join walk through the fire towards either of them and you shall rise like a dragon. You have nothing to fear so long as you are a true friend of dragons. When you pass through the flames or thunderstorm unharmed we will know you have the heart of the dragon, and I will write your name upon the scroll as a servant.

Our halls await you noble brothers and sisters...

Resident Lorekeeper: VisionofMilotic

Dragon Tamers: Nah, TY, Dragon, Fairy, Hyzenthlay, BiohazardXIII, Fafrir, MysticalNinetales, NeverThere, __fred__40, DragonKing48, Firebolt, TheKillerRedSkull, Allen303, Roni, Figure, AMP017, Megan, Rekoil, Pikaboo, Poke fan number 489, _Confused_Piplup_, Starlight, Fact-Checking Gardevoir, Doctor

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Ah, dragons, my second most favorite creature in the YuGiOh series and my most favorite creature in general c:

I'll join this club and join Zekrom I guess. Reshiram is cool and all but its Wyvern-like design makes it less appealing to me.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Ah, dragons, my second most favorite creature in the YuGiOh series and my most favorite creature in general c:

I'll join this club and join Zekrom I guess. Reshiram is cool and all but its Wyvern-like design makes it less appealing to me.

Arise from the fire of the pyre Zekrom warrior!

I will carve your name into stone as a member. Take this holy dragon gem as the symbol of your ascent.

Welcome brave Nah! Pass through the smoke, for you too have walked through the fire unsinged.

Your name will be in stone, and we conference stow a dragon gem upon you. I take it that you are a follower of Zekrom like your fellow member TY? Or will you ride with Reshiram?

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Getting started...

**What are your favorite Dragon Pokemon? You may name as many or as few pokemon as you want.

My very favorite is Dragonite! I love the design of this evolutionary line, and it's versatility and rareness. And no matter how many dragons they make this line will always be the very first. Edit: I am going to add Mega Sceptile as my #2 Honorable mentions to the Lati twins.

**Have you ever encountered any shiny dragon pokemon?

Yes, not many, but I treasure what I have. I have a shiny gible that I caught during a random encounter in Wayward cave while playing Pokemon platinum. He is a cutie. I also chain fished up a shiny horsea in Pokemon Y, and he is now a beautiful kingdra. I have a nice shiny Goodra that my boyfriend traded me as a gift, so that is a special one.

**Other fictional dragons of interest?

My favorite dragon movie and probably favorite all-time dragon is Draco from the 90s adventure movie Dragonheart. He is voiced by Sean Connery!

**Some members may wish to be reborn with a glorious new dragon name. If so visit the name generator and find out your true identity.

I just go by Sam, but evidently I am Dzujin Chaos Reptile The Hell Beast!

https://www.namegeneratorfun.com/dragon

It says of me that, "She has chameleon scales that change with her mood! She is cold-blooded and merciless and she likes to play with humans! She breathes vile, sulphurous fumes, poisoning the land!"

Now, that is quite an introduction.

Last edited:

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • **What are your favorite Dragon Pokemon? You may name as many or as few pokemon as you want.

Mine would be Haxorus, I just love the design and it's shiny is even better.
    Others include: Dialga, Garchomp, Salamence, Rayquaza, Giratina.

I've encountered a shiny Rayquaza in Emerald c:

Oh yes plenty. Starting off with Chaos Emperor Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh. I really LOVE how this dragon looks plus it has Emperor in the name, it must be majestic :b
    I also wanted to mention Cyber End Dragon but since he's technically qualified as a Machine I'm not too sure about it... it has Dragon in the name though.
    I could also talk for years about it since my bias will go through the roof.

Also worthy mentions are Stardust Dragon, Hundred-Eyes Dragon, Red Dragon Archfiend, Red Nova Dragon, Rainbow Dragon, Armed Dragon lv10.

afaik there will even be a Stardust Dragon figure coming soon and I look very forward to buying one when I have the money for it c:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Welcome brave Nah! Pass through the smoke, for you too have walked through the fire unsinged.

Your name will be in stone, and we conference stow a dragon gem upon you. I take it that you are a follower of Zekrom like your fellow member TY? Or will you ride with Reshiram?

Zekrom, yes.

It's my favorite Dragon type, and my favorite Pokemon

**Have you ever encountered any shiny dragon pokemon?[/I]

Not in the wild no. I've gotten a few shiny dragons over the years, but they were the guarantee freebie sorts like the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve in B2W2 or that one shiny Rayquaza they gave out sometime during the ORAS days.

uh well:
    tGPKLNt.png

but there's plenty of other cool dragons out there too

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • What's a Dragon club without Dragon

**What are your favorite Dragon Pokemon? You may name as many or as few pokemon as you want.

There's Altaria (my all time favourite), the Dratini line, Kingdra, the Bagon line, the Axew line... to be honest, all the dragon pokemon are great in their own way!

Oh yes, I hunted for Shiny Raquaza, and Shiny Dratini before!

Draco from Dragonheart is awesome, and um! I used to watch this children's cartoon called Dragon Tales... the dragons there are pretty nice and fun. There's also Dragon Maleficent, which is the Dragon form of Maleficent, pretty cool looking!

**Some members may wish to be reborn with a glorious new dragon name. If so visit the name generator and find out your true identity.

I'm kind of a Dragon already. :3
    Though I did that name generator and I liked Hasoshi Baleful Eyes The Lovelorn.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • *enters through Reshiram's blazing flames*

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nyoryu Crimson Blaster The Vulcan!

I have scales as crimson as glowing embers!

I use my powerful lungs to blast apart houses and as if they were made of matchsticks!

I blaze in the night like the raging inferno of a volcano!

However, I go by many names. You may call me Clover, Annie, or Hyzen if you wish. :)

Flygon and Dragalge are the dragons I love best, but there are many runner-ups. Noivern, Dragonair, Haxorus, Drampa, Latias, Gabite, Giratina, Altaria—in fact, there are so many I love that it'd be far quicker listing the one's I'm just okay with! But those first two hold the trophy. I find Flygon regal and imposing in the right stance, while also being cute, and it's been one of my top favourite Pokémon for a long time. It is also very powerful!

Dragalge may have less potential on the battling front, but when it comes to looks, I really adore it. Leafy sea dragons are gorgeous! Granted, its design can't be compared to the beauty of the real thing...yet I have a weakness for lovely fan art like this:

Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I will be joining as well. Must stay abreast of what the enemy is planning. >:]

Dragonair, Altaria, Latias, Goodra, and Dragalge!!​
    Not in the wild, no. :( But I was given a shiny Axew back in the day!​
    Monster Hunter wyverns! Most specifically the Rathian line. She's just so majestic and wonderful. <3​
    Spoiler:

Another dragon very near and dear to my heart is the daddy-dovah himself, Paarthurnax!​
    Spoiler:

And lastly, Terezi's Dragon Lusus!​
    Spoiler:

Other honorable mentions go to Spyro, Falkor, King Ghidorah, Toothless, the GOT trio, and Volvagia! Okay so it turns out I actually like a lot of Dragons, who knew?​
    Mugyohi Fire Eyes The Hateful

She has scales that burn as bright as fire!

She is knowing, wise, and well read, and she sees the things others do not!

She has a hatred for humanity that burns like a thousand suns!
    She's perfect! :') Just, you know, I'll be the defector dragon that sides with the Fairies, is all. <3​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now that's a club for me, because I love dragons. :3 Can I join? My favorite dragon ever is Hydreigon. I also like Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • Not in the wild no. I've gotten a few shiny dragons over the years, but they were the guarantee freebie sorts like the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve in B2W2 or that one shiny Rayquaza they gave out sometime during the ORAS days.

I am so glad you brought up the event shines, I almost forgot them, but I think they should count too! Haxorus and Rayquaza happen to be some of my favorite shinies. Black is such a lovely color on dragons. I also have the shiny Zygarde from the year of legendaries Sun and Moon giveaway ^_^

Draco from Dragonheart is awesome, and um! I used to watch this children's cartoon called Dragon Tales... the dragons there are pretty nice and fun. There's also Dragon Maleficent, which is the Dragon form of Maleficent, pretty cool looking!
    Arise Hasoshi Baleful Eyes the Lovelorn from the flames. I have peered into your soul and believe your heart is with Zekrom. Take this dragon gem with thee as a symbol of your triumphant trial by fire, and eternal allegiance to the sacred dragon.

The transformation of Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty is iconic Disney animation! I know you love Disney as I do. I think Wolfgang Reitherman was responsible for the escape from the castle and intense transformation battle. His style is so Gothic!

*enters through Reshiram's blazing flames*

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Nyoryu Crimson Blaster The Vulcan!

I have scales as crimson as glowing embers!

I use my powerful lungs to blast apart houses and as if they were made of matchsticks!

I blaze in the night like the raging inferno of a volcano!

However, I go by many names. You may call me Clover, Annie, or Hyzen if you wish. :)

Blasting apart houses as if they were made of matchsticks? Why you're my kinda girl!

I am glad to find a sister who walks in the path of beautiful and sacred Reshiram as I do. Take this bright dragon gem Nyoryu Crimson Blaster The Vulcan and share our dragon's den.

Having reviewed your list of favorite dragons I must say, your taste is impeccable.

I will be joining as well. Must stay abreast of what the enemy is planning. >:]

She's perfect! :') Just, you know, I'll be the defector dragon that sides with the Fairies, is all. <3​

What's this blasphemy?!

Nevermind, it must have been a typo. You no doubt meant to say that you have defected TO the dragons from the side of the Fairies. We can baptize you in shed dragon scales from our ancestors to cleanse you of your unfortunate past affiliations.

Accept this dragon gem...hmmm, that's funny. Your gem is different. It is pink! Must be a rare dragon gem indeed.

Now that's a club for me, because I love dragons. :3 Can I join? My favorite dragon ever is Hydreigon. I also like Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

Welcome! Cross through the dragon's fire new friend and find a happy home here with your fellow dragons.

I love Hydreigon too. I will give you the dragon's gem, and your membership will be official :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I, Mugyohi Fire Eyes, shall henceforth be a Gestalt Dragon of hybrid physiology. Born of both Faerie and Ladon, and imbued with the power of the rare pink crystal.

Spoiler:

My allegiance may be to the Fae folk, but I am happy to consort with fellow Wyverns. I suppose I'll just have to keep my intentions here ambiguous. ;)

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years

• Wow! Did you guys just hear that? Jo just gave us this huge surprise. I feel like we all just leveled up together and learned Draco Meteor! I did not expect to be a monthly club. It only happened because of all of you wonderful dragon tamers. Let's keep building our dragon's den everyone!

I have a new question for members!

Topic:
    Pokemon who SHOULD be dragons, but are not.

I'm going to start by mentioning an old friend, Milotic's big strong, elder brother Gyarados. Nobody deserves the honor of having dragonhood bestowed more than Gyarados. The flying typing is so tacked on, he can't even fly! If he's not going to be a pure water type, then the next most logical dual typing would be water/dragon. His other inspiration is clearly an east Asian imperial dragon with his serpentine appearance, and connection to storms and the sea. More specifically Gyarados and Magikarp are based on the Chinese myth of the Dragon Gate. It is the tale of a determined Karp who swims upstream against the river's current, and finally jumps over a waterfall, impressing the Gods, who transform him into a dragon as his reward.

Gyarados knows almost the entire pool of dragon moves,dragon rage, dragon dance, outrage, dragon tail, dragon pulse. It knows hardly any flying moves. Who are they fooling?

I can understand why in gen 1 he didn't get a dragon typing. First they wanted the Dragonite line to be special and one-of-a-kind. There was also the dilemma of making Gyarados overpowered since water's weaknesses to grass and electricity would have been neutralized by the dragon typing, and the dragon's weakness to ice would likewise get neutralized by the water dual typing. Fairies had not been invented yet, leaving it only weak to dragon. With only 1 dragon move in those days, which did only set damage Gyarados would have had effectively no weaknesses, so there had to be a check and balance.

So I can see why at first they didn't just let him be a dragon, but why not by gen 6? I think not making his mega-evoloution was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Yanmega.

I feel like they missed a huge opportunity to make a dragonfly a Dragon/Bug type, which would be the first of its kind. Unfortunately nothing in the game other than it being a dragonfly bolsters my choice since it doesnt have a single Dragon-type move :(

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm going to go with Heliolisk. It's literally a frill-necked lizard, and those typically always have some kind of Dragon affiliation! Hell, it basically was already a Dragon in Jurassic Park anyway lmao. It can learn Dragon Tail and Dragon Pulse too! Also Feraligatr, as a more European/classic Dragon looking Pokemon, I really think the dual typing could do it some favors! Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Dragon Dance, and Outrage! How could ya say no to that?

Yanmega is a super, super cool idea though. Ancient Dragonflies were mercilessly predatory and had a wingspan of up to 28 inches! >:]

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • tumblr_m2wp3dciF31qfwzeuo1_500.gif

I mean, Charizard just screams Dragon, aha.
    Sure, when it mega evolves to Mega Charizard X it becomes a Dragon-type, but I feel like it's base form is looking as much of a dragon too.

It learns many dragon type moves, like it can learn Dragon Rage, and Dragon Claw naturally through leveling up. Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance and even Outrage are just some of the Dragon-type Egg Moves it can have through breeding. The Charmander line also belongs to the Dragon Egg Group.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Charizard was the ultimate Pokemon cheated out of a Dragon typing. A moment of silence, please.
    giphy.gif

Back